Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Thanuja TiwariYour feedback matters!
My wife and I planning for baby, we want to know what's the best time when she can conceive. How do we identify most fertile days? Kindly suggest.
The liver is a vital organ which means a person cannot survive without it. The liver works with other organs in the digestive tract to digest, absorb, and process food. The main function of the liver is to filter the blood that it receives from the digestive tract before passing it to the rest of the body. The liver detoxifies and metabolizes the medicines that you take. It also secretes bile and important blood clotting proteins.
Being such an important organ, it becomes imperative for you to stay away from habits that can damage it.
Here are some common habits that are damaging your liver:
1. Too much sugar
Having excess amounts of sugar is not harmful to just the teeth but the liver as well. Liver converts fructose ( a type of sugar) into fat. If you consume foods with refined sugar, it can build up as fat in the liver leading to liver diseases. Experts suggest that consuming too much sugar can be as harmful to the liver as having excessive alcohol. Avoid foods that contain refined sugars and corn syrup that has high fructose content. Limit foods with added sugars, such as soda, pastries, and candy.
The painkillers that you pop frequently for a sore back, that annoying headache or a toothache can damage your liver in the long run. It is okay to take over the counter pain medications like paracetamol once in a while but make sure that you do not resort to taking them on a regular basis. Always consult your doctor for chronic painful conditions and advice on pain medications.
3. Excessive alcohol
Consuming alcohol in large quantity can cause irreversible damage to the liver. When alcohol is consumed in excessive amounts it interferes with the ability of the liver to get rid of toxins from the body. Studies suggest that having three glasses of alcohol every day is a direct risk for liver cancer.
4. Too many supplements
Taking supplements instead of obtaining those nutrients from your food is a habit that can damage your liver. Unless recommend by your doctor, avoid taking supplements indiscriminately. Eat a well-balanced diet rich in green leafy vegetables, fruits, dairy products, and protein. Always consult a doctor before you start taking a supplement even if it is an herbal supplement. Remember that all medicines are processed by the liver.
5. Sleep deprivation
You may not know but not getting a regular sleep can damage your liver. Studies show that when people are sleep-deprived their livers cannot process the fat efficiently leading to fat accumulation which eventually leads to liver damage. Getting a good sleep also acts as a repair process for the whole body including liver. Make sure you get a good 7- 8 hours of sleep regularly.
6. Soft drinks
Studies have shown that people who drink too much soft drinks have higher chances of developing the non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD). Since these drinks are packed with sugar, so it is best to avoid them for improving your overall health.
So, go ahead and change these habits that are harming your liver and embrace a healthy and active lifestyle for a healthier you. Stay healthy, stay happy!
I am 27 year old girl. At the time of menstruation cycle I have small small piece with the flow of blood. So I want to know is it happening with me or with all the women or is it some type of problem from which I am suffering.
I am 3&1/2 month pregnant. But weight is 68kg from 1st month of pregnancy till now. So I am worried is there any wrong with me. Generally people are gain during pregnancy but me not. Why? Is it normal?
? Production of hormones like estrogen and progesterone trigger the development of a woman's body
? Menstruation is a natural process and women experience various problems before and during
Symptoms to look for:
? Abdominal cramps
? Excessive flow
? Sudden stoppage
? Development of clots
Natural home remedy using papaya:
1. Papaya helps to reduce the pain and regulates the flow
2. Take pulp of an unripe papaya
3. Blend it with 1 glass water
4. Drink it twice a day
Natural home remedy using sesame seeds:
1. Sesame seeds have pain relieving properties and also cure vomiting
2. Crush 4 tsp of sesame seeds into powder
3. Add 1 glass of water
4. Mix well
5. Drink 2 times a day
? Avoid caffeine
? Drink 8 glasses of water everyday to keep the body hydrated
Homeopathy is one of the most popular holistic systems of medicine. The selection of remedy is based upon the theory of individualization and symptoms similarity by using holistic approach.
Homeopathic medicine is mainly selected on the symptoms you give us. If we are to a successful prescription, we must know all the details of your sickness. It is
also said that a case well taken is a case
SEPIA , BELLA ,CIMIC ,SABINA ,MAG.PHOS ,MILLI ,ETC
Please consult your physician or homeopath in person before starting or discontinuing any form of medical treatment.
THIS IS NOT D TREATMENT IS ONLY INFORMAL
TAKE CARE ,
Respected doc. I am obese, and in April, I miss my cycle too. Doc prescribed me medroxyprogesterone acetate and it bleeds on 10 may to 15 may. Now, I do jogging, walking, running squatting regularly about 30 mins. I avoid junk food, soft drinks, sugars, chips, I eat only home food. I studied about thyroid effects on menses. Pls prescribe me way how to keep healthy thyroid. Do I avoid rice and potato too. Thankyou.
Hello I have my gf I so sex after it my gf havnt there period last 1 month 12 days I ask you what to do now?
From which day after my periods should I have sex so as there is no chance of being pregnant. And also tell me that when should I do not have sex. according to my periods cycle. I am not sure about this topic that on which day after my periods I am eligible to have sex which is not unsafe for me. Please help .
Dear sir/ madam I'm Rohinigarg from Bangalore. My problem is that I don't get my period on time sometime exceptions that it come on timely, I concerned with many gynecologist but they never told me something seriously. This time again my periods are not come on timely so I concerned with my relative doctor they prescribe me misoprost-200 but by taking this medicine I got my periods only one day (11 November) and now again period cramps are started. What I can do. please suggest me.
I am five months pregnant and I have to go bathroom frequently. I take 10 glasses of water i.e. 2 and half ltr. Is it ok or it may be a problem?
I have a fibrodenema in my right breast and when the doctor's suggested me to leave as it is as there no harm. But I am confused if you should operate it or leave as it is. Please advise me on this.
I m Girish, 22 yrs, sir after how many days we can be sure day a women is pregnant or not after having inter course. What is the most recent date to get sure abt pregnancy. Pls reply soon.
I am in teaching profession. Teach in school. I can't speak loudly generally after recess or 1 hr of continuous lecture. I don't know the correct reason. During recess I have only tea n some homemade food which is not at all oily. I feel pressure in throat and cannot dictate or explain in loud voice What should be done to overcome this. I feel stress to say a single word loudly. Even the child sitting on third bench cannot hear me.
Hi, This is my first pregnancy. I am 23 years old. My lmp is 26/3/2016. My hcg level is getting down. Strtd at 127 n reached 651 n then it reduced to 637.5 n finally now 570.5. I have pcod. Am taking tablet also. I went to scan. Dey said there was a sac. And ask me to wait to take another hcg blood test. I don't think so it will raise. Becoz study only I taken hcg. It's still reduced. and also they are not saying very positively. Just there is a sac. Tats it. But am confused now. Is there any possibility that I will have healthy pregnancy. Whether I need to wait tomorrow for another hcg. Please suggest something. I don't have any spotting and all.
What happen with continuous mest urination what its effects and please teel me in what time period a person has to do or not to do. What will be the appropriate size of penis plzz I'm not I'll but I just wanted to know that please Sr/ mmam.
1.3 new goals – cure, prevent resistance and break chain of transmission.
2. Introduction of daily regime.
3. Definition and treatment of mono and polyresistance apart from mdr and xdr tuberculosis.
4. Treatment in cat 1 – 2 (hrze) + 4 (hre): continue ethambutol in continuation phase too.
5. Treatment in cat 2 – 2 (hrzes) + 1 (hrze) + 5 (hre).
6. Introduction of bedaquiline as a new drug. Atp synthase inhibitor specifically targets myc. Tb. Indicated in age more than 18 years. Contraindicatef in pregnancy and those taking hormonal ocp. It may be given in patients with stable arrythmia.
7. Definition of presumptive tuberculosis. Duration > 2 weeks etc.
8. New algorithm to diagnose tuberculosis – pulmonary, extrapulmonary, drug resistant.
9. Introduction of newer molecular methods like cbnaat and line probe assay in diagnostic algorithm apart from smear microscopy and chest xray.
10. Diagnosis of tuberculosis based on x-ray will be called as clinically diagnosed tuberculosis.
11. Sputum should be around 2ml and preferably be mucopurulent.
12. Follow up – new and previously treated drug sensitive pulmonary tuberculosis – no need to extend intensive phase, sputum microscopy at end of ip and end of treatment, weight monthly, chest x-ray if required.
13. Follow up – mdr tuberculosis – sputum smear monthly 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 months in intensive phase and at 3 months interval in continuation phase 9, 12, 15, extend ip phase by maximum 3 months total of 9 months.
Some more additions to it, adding here which might help to pg students.
1) monitoring health status of tb treated patients (for recurrence of tb) for 24 months after treatment
2) online monitoring of treatment adherence through 99dots programme (currently it is on pilot basis running for tb-hiv patients)
3) intensified tb case finding in clinically, socially and geographically vulnerable population. It's a provider initiated activity.
4) now'tb suspect' term is replaced by'presumptive tb case.
5) in diagnostic algorithm sputum examination along with chest x-ray is recommended.
6)'nsp' term is replaced by'microbiologically confirmed case'
7) nsn and others r called now onwards'clinically diagnosed tb' case. (terms replaced)
8) definitions of cured, defaulted, treatment completed, failure, failure to respond, loss to follow up are somwhat changed.
9) cat i, cat ii, cat iv terminologies r obsolete n replaced by drug sensitive (new or previously treated) and drug resistant tb categories.