Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Thanuja Tiwari
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Thanuja TiwariYour feedback matters!
My loved one get periods on every 13 of the month. This time we had sex on 5th of may but this time her period is still pending. Is there any chances for pregnancy.
Hello Doctor! My age is 31 years and my weight is 59 kg I am trying to conceive for more than 2 years but no luck. I had 4 follicle cycles but follicles do not rupture even with Hcg Injections my follicle only grow in size I was asked to undergo Hysteroscopy which was done last month on 7th Jan. The report says Uterine cavity normal with Endometrial polyp Subseptum noted. Endometrial polyp noted at fundus1.5cm* 1.5cm. Endometrial polyp resection done with scissors. Spectrum resection polypectomy was performed with Scissor. Good voluminous cavity obtained. Both ostia were well visualized. Endometrium normal. Cervix dilated upto no 7 Hegars dilate. Procedure was uneventful. Endometrium sent for TMA RNA TB-PCR. Then the Lab report said TB Not detected. After that I was given some antibiotics for 5 days and tablets Valest-2 for 20 days and gynaset for 5 days. As my Amh level is low <0.30 but there are follicles Are there any medicines to increase egg quality and AMH level. My Tubes are open and Husbands Count is also ok. I have started walking early morning for half an hour and I am doing some yoga exercises for fertility and self fertility massage.
Do you feel disinterested in getting physically close to your partner? If yes, then it can be a sign of HSDD, that is Hypoactive sexual desire disorder. It is a sex disorder marked by disgust and disinterest towards sex. This disorder affects both men and women.
Men with Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder
Men are generally perceived as highly sexual beings, but in reality, 1 out of 5 men may be suffering from HSDD.
Some possible causes of male HSDD include:
- Psychological issues: Anxiety and stress due to the strain of family or relationship problems, rigours of daily life or mental disorders such as depression are some of the factors that influence sexual desire.
- Medical causes: Diseases (for example: diabetes), conditions (such as high cholesterol, high blood pressure and obesity) and drugs (such as hair loss medications) have adverse effects on sexual desire.
- Hormonal problems: Low levels of testosterone usually lead to low sexual desire. Other hormones, such as the thyroid hormone or prolactin (hormone that governs the development of breast milk) can also contribute to the cause.
- Low levels of dopamine: Dopamine is a neurotransmitter, which is responsible for the pleasure perception in your brain. Low levels of dopamine usually signify low sexual desire.
How it can be treated ?
If the cause is psychological, then sex therapy (psychological counselling based on sexual issues) is used to treat HSDD. But if it is hormonal, testosterone supplements are used.
Women with Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder
Female HSDD is more complicated and is difficult to diagnose. HSDD can affect women across all ages.
In women, this disorder can have a wider spectrum of causes, which include:
- Interpersonal relationship problems: Certain problems such as the partner’s performance issues, loss of emotional gratification with relationships, childbirth and becoming nothing, but only a loved one’s caregiver can all lead to low sexual desire.
- Sociocultural influences: Media’s portrayal of sexuality, peer pressure and job stress have negative influences on sexual desire.
- Low testosterone: Women produce testosterone as well, and similar to men, low levels of this sex hormone cause a significant dip in sexual desire.
- Medical problems: Mental illnesses such as depression or medical problems, such as fibroids or endometriosis (a disorder characterized by the growth of uterine tissues outside the organ) affect women, physically and mentally, thus making ‘hypoactive sexual desire disorder’ a possibility.
- Medications: Excessive use of antidepressants, oral contraceptives and blood pressure drugs can lower sexual desire.
- Age: The androgen (sex hormone) levels lower drastically as a woman ages, thus negatively impacting her sexual desires.
Sex therapy (therapy that concerns itself with counselling and addressing one’s physical or psychological hindrances to sex) medication changes, diagnosing underlying medical problems, vaginal estrogens and testosterone therapy (therapy that helps in managing the effects of low levels of testosterone) are mostly used to increase sexual desire in women. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist and ask a free question.
I am in 23 years old now I am 48days miscarriage is occur the doctor prescribed for tab. Misoprostal 200mg. But the bleeding is not coming some times a drop of bleeding is come and I am feel for low back pain, abdomen pain what I do pls. Thank you.
Drug addiction is an addiction of a very severe kind. This causes the sufferer i.e. the drug addict to seek and use drugs compulsively despite the destructive consequences to themselves and those around them. This is known as a chronic brain disease because of the functional and structural changes it causes in the brain. It is the overpowering dependence on illegal or legal medications and drugs. One cannot quit taking drugs just by strong will or good intentions. Ayurveda's holistic method combines exercises, meditation, and herbal medicines to cure addiction towards drugs.
- Panchakarma Therapies-Only an ayurvedic expert should perform the panchakarma therapies and rituals on you. It promotes cleanliness and helps in detoxifying the body. These therapies are done using various herbs and oils in accordance with the ancient traditions to eliminate negative conditions.
- Virechana-It is the most useful Panchakarma therapy to treat addiction. Virechana is known to cleanse the gastro-intestinal tract and purify the blood of toxins of a period of a few days. It helps decontaminate your spleen, stomach, liver, kidneys, colon, intestines and sweat glands through varied herbs and laxatives such as castor oil, mango juice, raisins, cow's milk, psyllium seeds, flaxseed husk, prune and senna.
- Rasayana therapies-Rasayana therapy is another very useful Ayurvedic treatment for treating drug abuse and addiction. It is based upon the transmutation and conservation of energy to improve the mental as well as physical characteristics in order to increase your body's natural metabolic processes while enhancing your immune system and brain function. Rasayana therapy consists of intricate face, head and full body massages which are combined with medicated creams and herb oils. This therapy is also useful to remove artificial aging which occurs due to prolonged drug abuse.
- Yoga-The chaotic chemicals are known to wreak havoc on the drug addict's brain during the process of recovery. Resorting to exercise or yoga will help generate extra endorphins which are very helpful for clarity. To recover from drug addiction, you must join a structured yoga class along with other ayurvedic therapies. Yoga is beneficial since it stimulates every part of your body without applying too much stress on any one part. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.