Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Thanuja TiwariYour feedback matters!
My girlfriend feels so much pain during sex we tried many times but she couldn't do please suggest me something what should I do? May be she is afraid also.
I am suffering from pcod and unwanted hair growth on my body .I want to undergo laser hair removal but I want to confirm will hairs come again on my body after laser procedure give me some information regarding this.
Hi Doctor, Will anal sex give good feel and satisfaction to my girlfriend cause I like anal sex much but I don't know it will satisfy her. Please inform me.
I have missed period in jan 2015 and till now it is started and on nov and dec 2014 there is very less bleeding and i hav intercourse on jan 3 and 31 what should i do plz tell
Having irregular periods some times it doesn't even come for 3 to 4 months and when it does it give very much pain and trouble.
I am 27 Years old Female and suffering from PCOD for last 5 years. I am having midterm bleeding and have taken homeopathy also for 2 years but no cure. Suggest me to get rid of this problem.
I am having facial hair issues. Not a lot of hair but 8-9 coarse hair on my chin. I have my thyroid levels normal (i got it tested after the problem occured). And no other menstrual irregularities. What could be the possible reason? are there any possibilities of having pcos even with normal menstual cycle? I want to undergo laser hair removal for that. What are the chances of its regrowth? and basically am a very hairy person. Thank you in advance:-)
Many people nowadays with a craze of health and fitness scroll their eyes on different ideas to eat healthy. Some take professional help, some opt for for Dr. Google, some believe on their own knowledge and idea and end up feeling that 'eating healthy is not easy' end up choosing any possible shortcut to be healthy and fit. Now we need to think is it really so hard to eat healthy? Well the answer is 'Yes'. We need to cross a lot of hurdles to practice a healthy eating habit. Do read this article to know the hard truths about eating healthy.
Reasons why healthy eating is tough to maintain:
1. You need a good market: By 'market' I mean a place from where you can buy fresh, seasonal, affordable, whole foods. And, if you are in a small town or on a budget, then forgot about fancy foods like broccoli, red cabbage, lettuce, salmon, tuna, multigrain bread and so on etc. When you can't get all this latest stuffs it comes in your mind that you can't get health with local foods at all, as you are seeing guacamole recipe for your salad or multigrain sandwich. In this frustration you will chose to have pizza, or a street side roll, full cheese sandwich, which might be similar to all the fancy meals read or suggested to you to be healthy. And the results are problems, such as overweight or underweight or other health disorders. It is just the first reason why eating healthy is hard and even if you cross this hurdle, there are others.
2. You need time for shop: In this 21st century our lives are in superfast mode. Some of us work for 60 hours a week and come back home with all the tiredness, irritability and basically with the need to sleep and rest. At that moment healthy food shopping in budget is nowhere in life. As a lot of us stay alone or both the partners working along with a child for homework or different classes. A lot more examples are there. So time is a big hurdle too.
3. You need time and energy to cook: Now if you can are able to buy fresh foods in your budget, you need to have time to cook all this for you or for your family. That again needs time and energy from you. Now how you cross this hurdle?
4. You need cooking equipments and more than anything else you need cooking skill: It is tough to cut veggies on a plate with butter knife or eat a curry with no salt n spice or make idli without idli mold. And, in that situation you decide to leave healthy eating and opt for a pizza or dine out, all these hurdles after 50 to 60 hours of weekly work will get on your nerves. Let me tell you, your feeling is absolutely normal.
Now what next? Here are some possible solutions:
1. Respect your struggle: Be realistic and learn from your failure. Almost each of us knows fruits and vegetables are good, sugary foods are bad, even you know about portion control. But whatever suggestions you have received is not at all easy to maintain, you need to admit that. You need to know, practice makes you perfect and you can fail in between. Not to worry, start again. Find new strategies to work on eating healthy challenge.
2. Make a kitchen toolkit collection: With smart choice of kitchen toolkit can make your work easy
- A good knife, chopping board, peeler, slicer, dicer and easy vegetable chopper (cost around Rs.350/- onwards)
- Silicon coated cooking utensils (kadai, pan etc., cost around Rs.1000/- onwards)
- A steamer pot (costs around Rs.500/- onwards)
- Basic OTG and utensils (costs around Rs.2500/- onwards)
- Roti maker (costs around Rs.1000/- onwards)
- Hand blender ( costs around Rs.1000/- onwards)
3. Make a schedule for shopping and cooking: Make a smart grocery shopping list (with minimum preservatives) with pre planned meal for a whole week. Choose locally grown foods if you are in a small town or order online if your area is covered for delivery by grocery stores. You can consult a qualified dietician for a healthy menu and recipes also. Nowadays it is very easy as online clinics are there. In this way you can avoid scrambling your plan to eat healthy and save money by minimum food wastage.
4. Reduce your stress: Eating healthy will help in relaxing you and you can properly utilize your resources of money, time, energy and skill. If you are in stress you can't use any of it. So, go for walk; relax with music or book, go for vacation with your family and friends to manage your stress.
5. Simplify your cooking: You must not elaborate your meals all the time. Think smartly and make one pot meal with maximum nutrition.
6. Ask for help or help each other: It's ok if you ask for help to eat healthy. So help your partner or mom in cooking or shopping or ask for help from a professional. As in India it's quite easy to get a cook at your place. You can hire a cook for yourself or to save money jointly with some friends.
7. Learn new strategies of healthy eating: Healthy cooking needs more effort than you think. So before you leave healthy eating, stop and re-examine. Search Dr. Google or learn from your mom or family or society for new recipes and customize recipes for healthy eating or for relaxation join cooking class.
8. Eat out once a week and eat smartly: Fond of eating out? No problem. Choose a day in a week and eat outside food in one meal. But choose less oily, less fried, less preservative, maximum nutrition options. Like you can opt for thin crust whole wheat pizza with or sub wrap or sandwich with all veggies, baked or grilled filling with no extra cheese, Idli with sambar, yellow dal with whole wheat tandoori roti (no butter), grilled or baked or steamed options according to your choice. Learn about your healthy meal.
After reading all possible solutions I am sure you will start eating healthy, learn and help others to eat healthy.
I am 25 married 1 year back. Planning for baby. My periods are on time. With 21 days gap. Me n my husband planning for baby. In last month we tried also. After periods during my ovulation days. But this month I got periods. But am feeling nausea \ head ek, pack pain too. am i pregnant? I asked this earlier also. But I received reply am not pregnant. What is your opinion? I heard that in some cases female get periods also. Till 2nd month. I rely confused now. What is the best time to conceive. please help.
What men might not know, however, is that smoking can also lead to erectile dysfunction (ed). Studies have shown that men who smoke are more likely to develop ed. And the more a man smokes - both quantity and duration of time - the worse his ed tends to be.
The good news is that quitting smoking can help restore erections. Let's look at this relationship more closely.
When a man is sexually stimulated, his brain sends signals to the penis to trigger an erection. Smooth muscle tissue relaxes and arteries widen, allowing the penis to fill with blood. When enough blood flows in, veins constrict to keep it there until the man ejaculates (or the stimulation stops). Then the veins open and blood flows back into the body.
As you can see, blood flow is critical for a good erection. Blood is what gives the penis the firmness needed for sex. When blood flow is compromised, so is the erection.
Smoking tobacco releases chemicals that interfere with this process. This can happen in a few ways.
- Hardening of the arteries (atherosclerosis). Chemicals can damage the lining of blood vessels, making it difficult for blood to flow into the penis.
- damage to smooth muscle tissue. When this tissue can't relax properly, blood flow becomes impaired.
- decreased nitic oxide.Smoking interferes with the body's production of nitric oxide, a compound needed for erections.
- Other health conditions, like diabetes and heart disease, can contribute to ed, too. If you're having erection problems, it's important to have a full checkup with your doctor. But quitting smoking definitely, can't hurt.
Quitting smoking should make you feel better overall. You'll feel good about yourself knowing that you've taken an important step toward better health - and possibly better sex!
She is pregnant and today is her last day for delivery but still she not get pain to give a birth to baby.
Im 29 yrs. And i'm pregnant by 5 weeks and 4 days If I take misoprostol pill. So is it safe for me. As I can't afford a baby right now. And how long will my bleeding last. Will it be very painful.
She took double dosage of iron and vitamin tabs for one dosage from that time she is not having periods, white discharge is continuing from them.
Polycystic ovarian disease (PCOD) or syndrome (PCOS) is a condition where there are multiple cysts in the ovaries and as a result there are several symptoms in various body parts. One of the significant things to note is that there is a strong correlation between diet and PCOD/PCOS. Read on to understand some of the common symptoms of PCOD and also some nutritional do’s and don’t’s.
Symptoms: Understanding symptoms of PCOS helps in planning a diet in a more rational manner.
- The excessively produced male hormone (androgen) in the body promotes weight gain around the belly area. This needs to be controlled or else, can lead to increased cholesterol, diabetes, hypertension, and heart disease.
- Skin problems such as acne
- Increased insulin resistance, leading to increased sugar levels
- Hirsutism (excessive hair growth)
- Male pattern baldness
While not every problem associated with PCOD can be managed through diet, nutrition changes in a woman can have a significant effect on the overall health and well-being. Some common dietary changes to make when diagnosed with PCOD are listed below.
Higher levels of insulin make the body produce more androgens. PCOD women often have higher levels of insulin, meaning high androgen level, which increases their weight (builds muscle mass). Therefore, to control the level of insulin, high fiber diet like greens, nuts, berries, pumpkin, almonds, whole grains, etc. should be included. These ensure that digestion process is prolonged and blood sugar levels do not rise rapidly.
- Protein-rich food items like tofu, soya, and chicken are also highly beneficial for PCOD women. They do not contain fiber, but provide a full feeling and help in avoiding binge eating. They also do not pack in calories and are helpful in weight management.
- Food items which are generally anti-inflammatory including tomatoes, spinach, olive oil, fruits, and Omega-3 fatty acids are highly beneficial in controlling cholesterol and heart disease.
- Eat good fat. Reduce trans and saturated fats, increase unsaturated fats. Use vegetable and nuts oils to get these benefits.
What to avoid: Anything that can lead to increased sugar levels should be reduced.
- Avoid whites, such as pasta, rice, and bread which are made of refined flour and have absolutely no fiber content.
- Baked and processed foods should be avoided.
- Curb your intake of candies, chocolates, snacks, which are just calories and are of no nutritional value.
- Avoid salty snacks, which again are just calories and not beneficial.
- Do not consume aerated drinks and soda, which are just laden with sugar.
A diet rich in protein, N3 PUFA And MUFA can help reduce inflammation and control diabetes, heart disease, and hypertension. All these are a result of chronic inflammation and can be managed through this approach as also reverse PCOD and its complications. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.