Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Thanuja TiwariYour feedback matters!
Can both the tablets in an mtp kit given orally. Should I give the pills myself to her or should I consult a doctor first. What are the side effects please do tell. I read it might lead to excessive bleeding how does that happens? Plss tell me the informations I should know before giving this to my girlfriend who is on high risk of pregnancy.
I am 30 year old woman I have 10 month son I breastfeed him daily bt now my husband want to drink breast milk so can I give him?
In ayurveda, charak samhita describes eight different types of bodies that are disease prone. Out of these, the obese body is described as the one afflicted with the most diseases and troubles. Obesity is the condition or physical state of the body when excessive deposition of fat takes place in the adipose tissue.
Extra fat puts a strain on the heart, kidneys, liver and the joints such as the hips, knees and ankles and thus, overweight people are susceptible to several diseases like coronary thrombosis, high blood pressure, diabetes, arthritis, gout, liver and gall bladder disorders. Chief cause of obesity is overeating, irregular eating habits and not following the rules of eating or mixing non-compatible food items in one meal.
To decrease weight and get rid of obesity three things must be kept in mind:
1. Controlling eating habits.
2. Regular exercise.
3. Avoiding the causes of weight gain
Diet recommended to lose weight
Juice of half a lemon mixed in a glass of warm water and a teaspoon of honey.
Wheat or mung bean sprouts and a cup of skimmed milk.
A glass of orange, pineapple or carrot juice.
Salad of raw vegetables such as carrot, beet, cucumber, cabbage, tomatoes. Steamed or boiled vegetables whole grain bread or whole wheat chapatis (indian bread) and a glass of buttermilk. Roasted cumin seeds, green coriander leaves, a little salt and some grated ginger mixed in the buttermilk.
Coconut water, dry fruits, lemon tea, fresh vegetable soup
Whole grain bread or chapatis, steamed vegetables, seasonal fruits except banana and apple.
Home remedies for losing weight
--increase the quantity of fruits and vegetables and low calorie foods.--avoid intake of too much salt as it may be a factor for increasing body weight.--milk products like cheese, butter etc. And non-vegetarian foods should be avoided as they are rich in fat.--mint is very beneficial in losing weight. A chutney of green mint with some simple spices can be taken with meals. Mint tea also helps.--spices like dry ginger, cinnamon, black pepper etc. Are good for loosing weight and can be used in a number of ways.--regular intake of carrot juice.--avoid rice and potato, which contain a lot of carbohydrates. Among cereals wheat is good.--vegetables like bitter gourd (karela), and bitter variety of drumstick are useful in loosing weight.--honey is an excellent home remedy for obesity. It mobilizes the extra deposited fat in the body allowing it to be utilized as energy for normal functions.
Dosage: one should start with small quantity of about 10 grams or a tablespoon, taken with hot water early in the morning. A teaspoonful of fresh lemon juice may also be added.--fasting on honey and lime- juice is highly beneficial in the treatment of obesity without the loss of energy and appetite. For this, mix one teaspoon of fresh honey with the juice of half a lime in a glass of lukewarm water.
Dosage: take several times a day at regular intervals.--raw or cooked cabbage inhibits the conversion of sugar and other carbohydrates into fat. Hence, it is of great value in weight reduction.--exercise is an important part of any weight reduction plan. It helps to use up calories stored in body as fat. Walking is the best exercise to begin with and may be followed by running, swimming or rowing.
Hi mai 30 years ki hu. Meri shadi ko 4 year ho gaye hai abhi tak pregnenacy nahi hai. Pahele to tube block hai karke lyprochopy ki. 2 sal ke bad fir bhi kuch aram nahi hai fir endromoitricys ka problem hai karke Dr. Bataya fir cysts ka problem ab kuch samj nahi aa raha kya karu pahele to Dr. Ne lyprochopy karane ke bad kah a ab sab normal hai. Muje period date to date ata hai .
I have done a open heart surgery mitral valve replacement on Feburary 2012 and my operation is success full but I have to take medicine life long like penis400mg, Aldactone25mg, warf and have to do Blood test called PTINR monthly life time so during my pregnancy this all medicines may harmful my baby or not and should I continue my medicine during conceive or not please suggest me thoroughly?
I am 22 year old woman. For last one week or so I am having irritation in my vagina. I keep on washing it so that it remains clean but it is not working. So last night I used few drops of dettol mixed with water to wash it. Itching or irritation stops instantly but again almost after 22 hours it get started. As dettol is not good for daily use, how can I get rid of this problem?
Cancer is the one of the biggest threat to the young Indian population because of the factors that cause cancer, but also due to late detection. However, certain bad habbits and the factors increase the risk of cancer in India.
Causes of cancer in India:
- Overpopulation and the problem of nutrition: As per records, India is the world's third most populous country. However, it lacks in resources to feed the multiplying number of mouths. Nutrition plays a key role in deciding the quality of a person's life. Nutrition has therefore emerged as an essential branch of research and medical care in the last few decades. Lack of nutrition directly results in weakened immunity. Your body becomes prone to diseases, some of which can be fatal. To fight off cancer cells, one must have a strong immune system that comes from the right kind of nutrition.
- Smoking is a recurrent habit among children and adults: Smoking can cause cancer. Every cigarette packet reads the same warning messages but it doesn't actually deter smokers in any way. Smoking is prevalent among people of all age groups in India. From poor children to conscious educated adults, all are seen smoking.
- A Tropical country and its woes: Tropical countries are known to face the wrath of the sun. While most places in central, western, partly eastern and southern India experience extremes of temperature in summer, other places with moderately hot summers are not exempted from the harmful UV rays. Ultraviolet rays can be very harmful for one's skin, as it can cause skin cancer. Indians have a high amount of melanin, which protects them against sun rays, but the threat exists nonetheless.
- The concept of fast food: A global economy has opened avenues awaiting your attention in the realm of food. To suit the tones and moods of a fast life, fast food has been made available to you. We take pride in consuming things that can be prepared in an instant: instant noodles, soups and even curries. Packaged food and junk food are sources of cancer cells.
- Lack of awareness regarding the most common types of cancer: Breast and cervical cancer are the two most common types of cancer eating away the health of Indians. The problem lies in being unaware about the root causes, symptoms and treatment procedures related to these kinds of cancer. Social repression turns health concerns into matters of insignificance. Women fear social alienation after coming in the open with their problems.
I am 30 years old married. I got pregnant last year in september ,after six months of marriage but had to abort baby because I had planned to go abroad for studies but could not go. Now my in laws and husband forcing me to have baby. I am not mentally prepare for this. What should I do? Can my age affects my pregnancy? should I plan for baby now ? Please help.
What to do for irregular periods. I tuk medication for pcod prob from gyno but dint work out. I dnt have thyroid prob too. Its very much normal. Am putting on weight bcoz of irregular period. Please help me.
During intercourse, liquid not coming out of vagina. It is almost remaining very dry. This is happening from last one month.
Sir or Madam. Muze 1 problem he .Me jab bhi mere husband se sambandh rakhti hu to muze bahot Dard hota he mere shadi ko 9 year's ho gaye he aisa pehle kabhi nahi huva muze vahape itching bhi hota he aur dusari baat ki jab hum sambandh rakhte he to bahot time tak kuch hota hi nahi unka sperm out jaldi nahi hota aisa ku hota he .Hum 2nd chance Lena chahte he but fail ho jata he. Aisa kyu hota he or iska solution kya he please muze detail me bataye. Thank you.
I got married before 7 months I am a housewife now I have swelling on my whole body and my weight is increasing day my day and I have pain in my legs I checked my hemoglobin it is 7.8 what should I do pls suggest.
My wife is not getting pregnant .and ovarian chest are seen in sonography. Dr. suggested for endosis tab and produtiv M for myself. How far these can help us. What is endosis for>>>? Please suggest for further process to conceive.
Mam mujhe sirf 3 din periods hote h ye normal hai kya. Or mere periods age piche aate he matlab 21 ko aaye fir 20 ko ab 19 ko to ye normal hai kya.
आजकल की व्यस्त जीवनशैली और दिनचर्या के चलते शरीर का मोटापा बढ़ते जा रहा है| इसके पीछे कई कारण है जैसे शारारिक परिश्रम का अभाव, अनियमित खान पान आदि| इस कारणवश लोगो को कई बीमारिया हो रही है, जैसे की खाने का ठीक से नहीं पचना, कब्ज, पेट में गैस होना आदि| यह समस्या शहर के लोगो में ज्यादा देखी जा रही है, वैसे तो गाँव में भी लोग कब्ज, और गैस जैसी समस्याओ से पीड़ित है, लेकिन शहर में इसकी तादात ज्यादा है|
पवनमुक्तासन से इन समस्याओ से निजाद पायी जा सकती है| पवनमुक्तासन योग क्रिया के द्वारा शरीर से दूषित वायु को मुक्त किया जाता है। इसका अभ्यास करने से पेट और कमर की चर्बी कम होती है| इस आसान को करने से महिला और पुरुष दोनों ही पेट के रोगों से निज़ात पा सकते हैं|
आप शायद नहीं जानते होंगे लेकिन स्त्रियों के लिए गर्भाशय सम्बन्धी रोगो में भी पवनमुक्तासन काफी लाभदायक होता है। इस आसन को करने से मेरूदंड और कमर के निचले हिस्से में मौजूद तनाव दूर होता है। तो आइये जानते है, pawanmuktasana in hindi, इसे करने की विधि और इससे मिलने वाले लाभ|
- पवनमुक्तासन कैसे करें और इसे करने के लाभ
- पवनमुक्तासन करने के लिए भूमि पर चटाई बिछा कर पीठ के बल लेट जायें।
- अब अपने दोनों पैरों को मिलाकर रखें तथा अपने हाथों को शरीर के साथ सटाकर रखें एवं हथेलियों का रुख ज़मीन की ओर रखें|
- सर्व प्रथम अपने दाएँ पैर को घुटनों से मोड़ें और दायीं जाँघ को छाती की तरफ लेकर आएँ| दोनों हाथों की अंगुलियों को आपस में मिलाते हुए घुटने से थोड़ा नीचे से पकड़ लें|
- अब गहरी श्वास भरें और श्वास को छोड़ते हुए पैर को छाती की ओर लेकर आएँ, थोड़ा दबाव देकर रखें|
- श्वास को बाहर रोककर रखें और सिर को ज़मीन से उठाते हुए अपने माथे को दाएँ घुटने से छूने की कोशीस करे|
- अपने बाएँ पैर को सीधा एवं तानकर रखें| दोनों पैरों की अंगुलियों को भी बाहर की ओर खींचकर रखें|
इस स्तिथि में लगभग चार- पाँच सेकंड तक रहे| तत्पश्चात साँस लेते हुए सिर को धीरे-धीरे ज़मीन पर लेकर आएँ और साँस बाहर करते हुए हाथों और पैरों को सीधा कर लें और पहले की दशा में वापस आ जाएँ|
पवनमुक्तासन में बरती जाने वाली सावधानियाँ
ऊपर आपने जाना pawanmuktasana in hindi. पवनमुक्तासन बेहद फायदेमंद है| आप सभी इसे अपनाकर इससे फायदा पा सकते है| लेकिन जिन भी लोगो को कमर दर्द की शिकायत है, उन्हें यह आसान करने से बचना चाहिए| इसके अतिरिक्त घुटनो में तकलीफ वालो को भी यह आसान नहीं करना चाहिए|