Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Tarun SharmaYour feedback matters!
Hi sir, I have -3 eye sight fir both eyes, I can not see far things, I am using specs since 6 years sir, now I my age is 19 yrs, I wish to have laser treatment, is it ok for me now, and is their any side effects fir that, please suggest me sir, and what will be the minimum cost for lesser treatment.
My eye doctor said that my eyes are. Perfectly orthotropic but when I starr my eyes in mirror for 6-10 sec my eye start deviate outward? When I daydream I take video my eyes my eyes also seen to deviated outward slightly? What is. This? If im perfectly orthotropic then why im experiencing this symptoms? What is reason behind it?
I have problem with my eyes, they become red in morning after sleep, it is there from 3 years, can you suggest some treatment.
My friend is suffering from irritation and redness in his eye from 3 to 4 days so please tell and help him curing the disease.
My son 3.5 years old found with cataract in both eyes? what should I do? what will be the effect on eye after I operate?
Hi Doctor, 6 months back I got hit by a drumstick tip in my left eye and got severe pain. I went to a near by ophthalmologist and got it treated and now its fine. But at times I get sudden reflex like pain especially when I wake up from sleep. It lasts only for few seconds and it happens only occasionally .also the vision in the affected eye is a little bit blurry when compared to the other eye. Could you tell me why I get that pain and suggest me some remedies for that pain and blueness please.
Hello doctor I m 22year female I have sight problem I want to take a laser treatment whr I have to take nd how much cost will be plzzz help me.
I am 32 and got injured under eye 6 months ago. Now there are some permanent fine lines under eye. Apart of that open pores in my skin. Please advise any treatment for this.
While red bloodshot eyes may look worrisome at first sight, it is not a cause of concern all the time. There are benign, short-lasting bouts that will disappear on their own to serious medical reasons that could require intervention.
Listed below are some common causes and ways to manage red eyes.
- Conjunctivitis: The most common cause of red or pink eye is a conjunctivitis infection of the membrane covering the sclera. The blood vessels are irritated and give the eye a red hue. This is contagious and very common in children, needs to be treated with antibiotic drops based on the cause.
- Allergy: Be it pollen, dust, dander, or some other chemicals, eyes could be sensitive to it and get inflamed and take on a red color. This can be treated with a combination of prevention by avoiding exposure to the allergen (which causes the allergy) and some antihistamine drops if required.
- Contact lenses: Extended or improper use of contact lenses is the main reason for red eyes in contact lens users. There is reduced lubrication, increased accumulation of dust and microbes if the lens is not removed at frequent intervals. Removal of the lens and visits to the doctor are important things for managing it.
- Computer Vision Syndrome: With people spending a large amount of time staring at computer screens, tablets and phone screens, the dryness in the eyes increase, thereby, leading to red eyes. The reduced blinking when working on computers also affects the condition. It is therefore very important to take conscious breaks to stare away from the monitors and use special glasses if required. In some cases, eye drops may also be required.
- Occupational Hazard: For people working outdoors, conditions such as dust, heat, smoke, and dry air increase the chances of red eyes. Reducing exposure as much as possible and use of protective eyewear is extremely essential.
- Dry Eye Syndrome: The tear glands are a constant source of lubrication for the eyes and also cleanse the eyes from the minute dust particles and other irritants. For various reasons, the tears produced may not be sufficient and can lead to red eyes. Artificial tear substitute could be used for managing this.
Some benign reasons like swimming, smoking, lack of sleep, pregnancy, common cold also produce bloodshot eyes. On the other hand, corneal ulcer, uveitis, ocular herpes, glaucoma, and other medical conditions could also lead to red eyes.
If it persists for more than 2 days, is painful, and is associated with discharge or sensitivity to light, it is important to seek medical help, especially if associated with injury or trauma.
Related Tip: "Natural Remedies For Better Eyesight"