Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Tamil SelvanYour feedback matters!
My teeth had become yellow. I am smoker what should I do? Please give me the suggestions for brushing with paste or tooth powder.
Sir I have pain in my tuth and holl also in my tuth and my mouth smell very badly so give me solutions sir please I want to remove this smell and pain so give me solutions this.
I have this problem, every morning after I brushed my teeth and have my breakfast. I feel like vomiting and I do not know why. I'm thinking maybe because I swallowed my cum (sperm. Is this true? Does it affect by swallowed my own sperm? THIS HAPPENED EACH AND EVERY MORNING! I VOMITED.
What if you have tooth decay?
If you have developed black or brown spots of decay on your teeth either in the fissures or on the smooth surfaces and it is associated with discomfort and / or sensitivity to hot and cold and / or frank pain, it is likely that you have tooth decay. Your dentist will evaluate you comprehensively and based on his clinical and radiographic findings he will do one of the following;
1. Make an opening in the crown and remove decay, shape the cavity and fill it with a tooth colored filling or an amalgam filling. This could also be done under local anaesthesia.
2. If the decay is very deep and the pulp (nerve, root canal) is involved in the decay process he will, under local anaesthesia go deeper into the pulp chamber, remove the pulp and the nerve, render it free of infection, do a root filling and later put an amalgam or a tooth colored filling. Subsequently he will put a veneer or a crown on the tooth as the case may be.
I am a 18 year old boy and I am having ulcers in mouth from 1 week and I have tried all medicine but no results. Please help me.
I am 52 yrs old. Doing office job. For last three months i'm experiencing my bad breath. My wife also complained about it. Presently, I am on ayurvedic medicine for last 15 days, but it has not worked significantly. Kindly advice effective medicine. Thank you.
My left side lower premolar teeth was capped about a year back as its cavity was almost touching the nerve bed. The dentist instead to doing root canal suggested to just cap the teeth. Till now it was okay, but now I can feel some sensation in my gum when I bite anything hard with that teeth. It's not pain, but it does wordy me. What do you suggest? can they take off the cap, do a root canal and refix the cap?
I'm 22 years old male, I have a problem of getting smell from the mouth. Once I visited local dental clinic he cleaned the teeth with water but still the smell is coming out. Is there treatment to cure this problem?
How to remove cavity from teeth. What Needs to Be Done First, Removing the Wisdom Teeth or Repair of Dental Fillings? Its too much paining. Used to eat by on side. What need to do?
Im suffering from mouth wound. Twice in a month due to lack of vitamin c. What should I do to avoid it? Suggest some points.
Hello Doctor, my one front teeth half is broken when I am in school now I have only half teeth. I want to back my full teeth is there any treatment to get my full teeth please help me doctor.
I'm feeling depressed from past 1month due to my classmates. They are jealous of me due to my good work in academics of dental science (BDS). They r just distracting me and not talking to me politely. Sir give me some best ideas to get rid of these things.
Mujhe muh se kafi sare baas(bad breath) ya badbu aati rahti hai mai iska bahut ilaj karya chuka per bhi theek nahi ho pa raha hai mujhe theek hona bhi jaruri hai.
Its symptoms are:-
1. Reduced mouth opening
2. Vesicle formation on inner cheek (buccal mucosa) lips, palate etc
3. Problem in chewing spicy food
4. Feeling tightness in jaw muscles
1. Cessation of tobacco chewing habit
2. Laser treatment
4. Topical and intramucosal steroids
5. Lycopene preparations
6. Antifibrotic drugs
Any of these treatments should always be followed by a qualified dentist /oral surgeon's consultation.
When a tooth is lost, the dental implant or dental crown would be the closest replacement both in terms of chewing efficiency and facial appearance.
Unlike a denture, the implant replaces not just the crown structure but also the root portion. This ensures that the tooth is replaced as it was prior to the loss. When clinically done properly and cared for appropriately, the dental implant can last for decades.
Why Is a Dental Crown Needed?
A dental crown may be needed in the following situations:
- To protect a weak tooth (for instance, from decay) from breaking or to hold together parts of a cracked tooth
- To restore an already broken tooth or a tooth that has been severely worn down
- To cover and support a tooth with a large filling when there isn't a lot of tooth left
- To hold a dental bridge in place
- To cover misshapened or severely discolored teeth
- To make a cosmetic modification
And, if you have gone for dental implants, keep the following in-check to maintain a good oral health after you the implant is done-
- Until the effect of the anesthetic wears off, do not eat or limit to drinking something cold. Avoid anything hot or spicy for the first day.
- Start using the mouthwash from the evening of surgery and continue through the entire week. It should be held in the surgical area for at least a minute, repeated 3 times daily, for the first week.
- The other teeth should be brushed from the evening of the surgery. The surgical area should not be touched for the first 3 to 4 days. After that, depending on the pain tolerance, gently brush this area with a soft toothbrush.
- Add a teaspoon of salt to a glass of warm water, keep it in the surgical site for a soothing effect. This can be repeated as many times as possible, after each meal or snack.
- Follow a soft diet and do not let the food go into the surgical site area.
- Do not disturb the surgical site with either tongue or finger.
- Smoking should be completely avoided until the wound completely heals. The negative pressure created during can dislodge the clot and lead to delayed healing and even complications like dry socket.
- Expect some swelling and/or bruising in the cheek and mouth area, which will increase for the first 2 to 3 days and then gradually subside. Swelling can be managed with ice packs or a cold towel that is applied for 10 minutes with half-hour breaks. From day 2 onwards, gentle heat can be used.
- Similarly, expect pain for the first couple of days which can be controlled with pain-killers. Take the first pain-killer before the anesthetic effect wears off.
- Continued pain and swelling after the first 4 to 5 days should prompt a visit to the dentist, as it might be an indication of underlying dental infection.
- If you have dentures over the surgical implant site, try using them to the least extent possible for the first week.
- Complete the entire antibiotics course after the surgery.
Appropriate post-operative care goes a long way in ensure the implant gets absorbed and lasts a lifetime. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.