Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. T.SelvarajYour feedback matters!
I am facing always stomach related problem. I had not take much food but my weight is continuously increasing. And gastric problem also. Please do suggest me any medicine or suggestion.
I am having grade 2 fatty liver and two renal calculi on left kidney of size 4.3 mm and 4.4 mm. I am also having t3 t4 normal and tsh 7.4. Kindly tell me right solution whether kidney stone will dissolve by medicine or I have to operate.
I'm a 22 year old female I have gall bladder stones and its paining all the time. Sometimes the pain is more & sometimes less. Should I operate? is it safe to have a baby without operating?
I am having burning sensation around my chest for almost 4 years. I use to go gym regularly. But for this burning sensation I have dark circle & my body also does not grow properly. One point is to be noted that earlier I tensed much. Then my burning sensation was start & still continue. Some doctors say that It's due to gastric problem. I took pan 40, Dialoz DSR, but in vain. I also visited a neuro psychiatric. He suggested me take ocifril XR 75 & citogal plus. But this also went in vain. What should I do now?
I. Have been suffering from pain the stomach after an hour or two after taking food and motions ir stools. For 3 to 4 times. Per day added with gas regularly please kindly give any home remedy along with any tablets.
Sir I am 21 years old, and my weight us about 76 kg, and height is 5.6 feet, I want to decrease my weight, and to increase my diet quality. I am an MBBS student. Due to more junk food I have fatty liver Grade -1 also. Always get tired, Need something for energy. Also play games like badminton, lawn tennis, cricket.
I had gas formation from many days at least 1 months, and feeling dasiness for 1 sec then it get normal, can you help me for this why I am feeling chakkar for 1-2 sec then I get normal, I had cervical spondylitis also,
There is uncomfortableness in upper right abdomen after 2-3 bites of lunch and dinner and it is up to 10-15 minutes after completing lunch and dinner. Otherwise there is no problem , no uncomfortableness. I have visited Dr. Before 10 days. He prescribed me pantocid - d for 5 days. Still there was a same problem. Then I had undergone ultrasound of abdomen. It showed there is grade-1 fatty liver. Every other things are normal. My Dr. Told that it is nothing. And no need to worry And he prescribed me 1. Oflox & 2. Recool medicine Still there is a same problem . It is not resolved. Is it because of grade 1 fatty liver ? What is the reason behind this problem? What is the solution for the above problem?
Gastroesophageal reflux disease, or GERD, as it is commonly known is a digestive disorder that is caused primarily due to intestinal distress. GERD is caused in the muscle that lies between the oesophagus and the stomach, when the acid is produced in the stomach, it starts to flow backwards. For patients suffering from GERD, the acids flow back into the oesophagus instead of the stomach, causing symptoms like severe heartburn, chest pain and nausea, amongst others. So what does one do to deal with GERD? Here's a brief list!
- Obesity: Being overweight and obese are two of the most important factors that contribute to discomfort in GERD patients. Working towards a healthier weight is a sure shot way of dealing with this ailment.
- Alcohol and Smoking: The muscle ring that can be found between the stomach and the oesophagus relaxes with the intake of alcohol or with smoking, which prevents it from closing to stop the stomach's juices from reaching the oesophagus. So, giving up both substances would be a good idea if you are a GERD patient.
- Go Gluten Free: Adopting a gluten free diet can help you cut out ingredients including grains and dairy products that contain more protein than what your digestive tracts can handle.
- Other Dietary Measures: In order to handle GERD effectively, you will need to remove or reduce chocolate, fatty food, spicy food, and even oily and fried food from your diet. You may need the help of food with extra fibre, like fruit so that it can pass through the digestive tract faster.
- Smaller and Well Timed Meals: Eating meals regularly and dividing them into smaller meals that can be digested quickly and more efficiently is one of the best ways of dealing with GERD to prevent the onset of backward flowing of stomach acids.
- Exercise: Ensuring that you do not take a nap or lie down right after a meal and putting in a small amount of exercise everyday will also help in doing away with the uncomfortable and painful symptoms of this disease.
Making lifestyle changes is one of the best ways to deal with GERD. Yet, it would be best to see a doctor regarding severe cases where the symptoms do not abate and medication may be required.