Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. T.SelvarajYour feedback matters!
Hi doc, I am 28 years of age and am facing a typical stretchy and swelled feeling towards the right side of my stomach. A little food feels full. What can it be. Please guide. I used to face gastric trouble very frequently . Bt after my child's birth it became very rare. Please help.
Dear doctor, I am suffering from gas problems in my stomach. Even after constipation I feel like my stomach is full and gas. I drink full bottle of water everyday. I go for walk every morning for 5 to 6 kms. But the problem persists still I face the problem. I take pantocid in the morning and unienzyme in the night. Kindly guide me allopathy medicines.
I am suffering from fistula above anal since 1 year. What are the remedies should be taken to overcome this problem for lifetime without operation.
I am59 years male, suffering from alcohol induced chronic pancreatitis since 2013. Pl suggest medicines to control pain in left side pancreatic tail (continuous, loose motion, stomach pain. I am on insulin after a CT revealed calcification of pancreas, narrowing of duct. Meds:apidra15U-3, lantus45U,creon25K-3 times, ganaton total-1, HbA1c:7.5.All blood tests normal.
My friend is suffering from a severe pain in the anus region. He could feel a extra flesh in the anus after bowel movement. What kind of an issue is this?
I am 24 years old male. Since two days I am experiencing severe pain in the anus. I guess its an acne that has come up on the anal orifice. I can barely move. Due to the pain I cannot even use the toilet for both obvious reasons. The pain is distracting me and the immense pain while the anus gets squeezed is unbearable. Please guide. Thank you.
1 month old crying since 2-3 hrs probably due to gas. Already applied hing on stomach and given some sauf ka pani. please suggest.
I am 25 years old female, married. I am having a headache on my right side. Sometimes it gets so sever that I can not sleep at night. I consulted a doctor and he said it may be because of gas trouble and suggested to control in food. But still I do not feel better. What may the real problem?
I am 24 years old. I am pregnant for 5 weeks 4 days. I have pcod and endometriosis in my right ovary. Still I got pregnant naturally. By God's grace. Is there anything I should be worried about. Do I need complete bed rest? I am given Duphaston, folic acid, all9 and gestofit. Pls do reply. It will be great help.
Colitis is characterized by an inflammation of the large intestine (colon). It is generally caused due to reduced blood supply, autoimmune reactions (wherein the immune system erroneously starts attacking the body’s healthy tissues) and infections in the large intestine.
Symptoms of colitis
1. Presence of blood traces in the stool.
2. Acute colitis can itself be a symptom of hemorrhoids (inflamed and swollen veins in the anus or the rectum)
3. Tenesmus (constant urge to empty the bowels) is also quite common
4. Occurrence of abdominal pain in regular intervals, thus resulting in diarrhea
5. Constant abdominal pain
6. Fever and sudden chills throughout the day
Types of colitis
1. Inflammatory bowel disease: This condition is characterized by inflammation of the intestines or all the parts of one’s digestive tract
2. Microscopic colitis: This involves inflammation of the large intestine (colon), resulting in a cramping sensation that can be painful
3. Chemical colitis: This condition is caused due to prolonged exposure to certain harsh chemicals which results in intestinal swelling and inflammation
4. Ischemic colitis: The most common form of colitis, this occurs mainly due to an insufficient blood supply to the large intestine
5. Infectious colitis: Caused due to certain bacterial or parasitic infections
Treatment for colitis
1. Medications such as acetaminophen and ibuprofen can be recommended to ease the pain
2. The drug ‘Loperamide’ can control the diarrhea. However, this should not be consumed if there is presence of blood in the stool
3. Colitis reduces your appetite. Thus, it is important to maintain a healthy diet in this regard. Avoid consuming dairy products or high fiber foods because they further inflame the large intestine.
4. Colectomy (surgically removing a part of the whole of the colon) is recommended in the most severe of cases. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gastroenterologist.