Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. T S SadeehaYour feedback matters!
I was getting normal periods till I started getting involved sexually. Later when I took ipill a few times I started getting irregular periods. Since 6 months I haven't got any period. I am taking homeopathic medicine and had a drop in January. 3 years ago got tests done had hormonal imbalance. Please suggest medicine remedies or tests.
After tubal realisation how many percent will become pregnant after tubal reverse after tubactomy I have already 3 sons by cesarean.
When you are diagnosed with atrial fibrillation, or afib, the most common type of irregular heartbeat, putting your heart back in its proper rhythm is only half the goal. Stroke prevention is the other.
Both objectives require rethinking certain foods and medications that once seemed innocuous and now could be a danger to your health. From common over-the-counter drugs to some of the healthiest vegetables on the planet, here's a list of atrial fibrillation dangers to sidestep.
Caffeine can trigger atrial fibrillation
Chugging cup after cup of coffee may help you stay awake, but too much caffeine can be an atrial fibrillation trigger, causing more frequent episodes of the irregular heartbeat. The same goes for caffeine pills, energy drinks, and other caffeine-containing substances.
" they [energy drinks] have the capacity to make afib worse or more frequent, even in people who have never had afib before" says larry chinitz, md, a cardiologist and professor of medicine at nyu langone medical center in new york city. But, Dr. Chinitz notes, when you have afib, only&nbsp;excessive caffeine intake is a problem, so you can sip a latte here or there without any trouble.
Alcohol can be toxic to your heart
Think twice before you order that next round alcohol and atrial fibrillation can be a dangerous combination. Alcohol in excessive amounts is a depressant to the brain, but a stimulant to the heart. This stimulation can worsen or instigate afib episodes.
" it's also a direct toxin to the heart muscle" chinitz says. Sometimes, heavy drinking over a short period of time can cause episodes of atrial fibrillation in people who have not been previously diagnosed with it, a condition known as holiday heart syndrome.
Cold and allergy medications can trigger afib
For most people, nonprescription medications for stuffy and runny noses are fine, but cold/allergy medicine and atrial fibrillation don't mix well. Use caution when taking these remedies because they could cause more frequent episodes of an irregular heartbeat.
" all medications that are trying to decrease secretions or dilate the airways or lungs are all direct stimulants to the heart" chinitz explains. A few common stimulating over-the-counter (otc) medications to watch out for include actifed (chlorpheniramine and phenylephrine), sudafed (pseudoephedrine), and contac (acetaminophen, chlorpheniramine, and phenylephrine), though others may present the same atrial fibrillation dangers. Talk to your doctor before taking any of these medications if you have afib.
Leafy green vegetables affect blood clotting
Whoever thought that veggies could be bad for you? but as it turns out, some of them can be dangerous if you have atrial fibrillation. If you're on a blood thinner such as warfarin (coumadin, jantoven) for atrial fibrillation to prevent stroke, you should carefully monitor your intake of green leafy vegetables like spinach and kale, which contain high amounts of vitamin k.
Vitamin k can counteract the blood-thinning effects of warfarin, making some veggies atrial fibrillation dangers. But you don't have to give up vitamin k for afib management; the key is to eat about the same amount of k-rich foods every day" you shouldn't have none for a month and then huge amounts over the course of a few days" chinitz says.
Vitamins and herbal supplement cautions
Though otc supplements are often thought of as harmless, some of them can affect atrial fibrillation. Vitamin e, for example, has a blood-thinning effect so if you're on a blood thinner, talk to your doctor before taking it. The same goes for herbal medications that have a stimulant effect, like ma huang (chinese ephedra) and st. John's wort.
Extreme exercise puts a strain on your heart
For most people with atrial fibrillation, moderate exercise isn't a problem and can be beneficial by helping you control your weight and improve your mood. But a few people with afib find that particularly difficult workouts can launch a fibrillation episode" we do caution those people against excessive amounts [of exercise]" chinitz says" but most people's exercise routines are not affected"
If you notice irregular heart rhythms during or just after a workout, talk with your doctor about the best way to proceed so that healthy workouts don't turn into atrial fibrillation dangers.
Stress, anxiety, and depression weigh on the heart
Emotions can play a role in bringing on an atrial fibrillation episode. People with afib who have more severe anxiety and depression symptoms may have more afib episodes than people with less-severe anxiety and depression. To help reduce stress and lower your risk of an afib episode, pay close attention to your emotions and schedule relaxing activities that you enjoy.
If your stress, anxiety, or depression becomes overwhelming, talk to a healthcare professional about ways to lighten your emotional load.
Hi, im a newly married men from last three month im doing the sexual intercourse using the condom but now days I don't like to do the intercourse with condom and my partner do not like to take pills to avoid pregnancy kindly help me what is the right time to do sexual intercourse without condom.
Hi I am newly married on jan 30 and her period was on 10 of last mont and this mont she dosent had her date on 10 but she had her date on 15 I want to know that is there any chances of pregnancy please explain in brief.
I am 35 yes. I was diagnosed with PCOD during my second pregnancy in 2012. I was treated for it after my delivery and my periods were regular since then. But recently irregular periods have started. And gaining weight, tiredness is a big issue now. I do moderate exercise daily. Can PCOD be controlled with Ayurveda. How effective is it?
I have bartholin cyst. For that I have taken augmenting 625 mg, Emanzen d, rantac150mg 2times a day for 7 days. However my swelling is not reduced. I have consulted doctor three days back, she told me to continue with the medicines for another three days and told me that it will rupture on its own. But no improvement yet. Please advise.
Fitness info - Newer ways to fitness
Fitness buffs are finding ways to perk up their workouts. And it doesn't have to be as boring with fads like clubbercise crawling and paddling the workouts to 90s classics and charts hits in a dark room with glowsticks
Crawling: It can burn upto 1000 calories an hour. It is on own body weight as lot of versions army crab walk inch worm that tone different muscle groups.
Clubbing: Clubbercise is perfect for old ravers. Dance workouts with all the fun of a night out without a hangover the next day and can burn 500 calories in an hour.
Back to school: Rabble is an hour of school games like hopscotch reworked for grownups for newer generations. And it can burn upto 1000 calories in a session.
Paddleboard: No one can forget the picture of naked orlando bloom on paddleboard last summer, but no need to strip off for this fitness craze which tones every muscle in the body and burn 400 calories per hour.
Get wet: Water workouts are set to make a big splash. Aqua aerobics is a circuit training classes in the pool with timed sprints lengths that isolate top or bottom half and planks at the poolside and expects to burn 500 calories per session
We spend a majority of our time in office. Naturally, the atmosphere of the office affects the way we perceive things around us - our moods, passions and personality. How do you like your office atmosphere? Do you enjoy working with your colleagues? Do you feel respected? It is essential for you to have an affirmative answer to each of these questions, for your own good. But if it is not so, what can you do?
- Shift: Staying in a negative space will pull you down and harm you. If possible, ask to be transferred to another department. Few of us have the luxury of quitting on a whim. So, update your resume and spread the word that you're looking for a change. Don't quit your current job without having a back-up plan in place. However, when looking for a new job, keep the things you don't like about your current job in mind, so that you don't find yourself in a similar situation again.
- Find like-minded people: No matter how many colleagues you don't get along with, there must be a few you like. Watch their back and ask them to watch yours. Whenever you hear of anything that might affect the people around you, share the news with them but with discretion. Limit your interaction with people who pull you down and drain your energy.
- Document everything: Don't let things come to a my word against your's situation. This can be very stressful and harm your health. As far as possible, ensure all your communication is recorded in the form of emails, messages etc. Do not rely on someone else to take notes at meetings, rather make your own. Keeping a work diary is a good idea.
- Lead by example: Negative people feed off negativity around them. If you are a positive person, they will gradually begin avoiding you themselves or you might even make a positive impact on them. Respect people you work with and you will get their respect in return. Before condemning people, take a look at yourself and ensure that you aren't doing anything to attract that kind of behavior.
- Do something about it: Complaining can get things off your chest but often do nothing to change the situation. Be a part of the solution to the negativity in your office. Be regular with your own work and stick to your deadlines. If you need something, follow up with people instead of expecting them to follow up with you.
Lastly, don't try too hard to change the system. You can only control your own life. If you see your efforts going to waste, get back to that resume and start sending it out. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychologist.
Hi, I am 30 years old and have a baby girls three years back through c-section. So after that I put on 15 kg weight, my current weight is 70 kg and I want to reduce it. I am a working women and my shift timings are 1 pm to 11 pm.in this shift I am not able to do any exercise and all. So please help me here.
I am trying to conceive from last 2 years, recently found that my tubes have blockage (rt with terminal hydrosalpinx and lt tube with herbal obstruction and AMH level is 16 which indicates I have PCOS but in follicular ultrasound no PCOD was found. I want to know about the medicines my doc gave me: Ovalife, Evron 35, folizord. I m doubtful about Evron 35 as I read somewhere it is an oral contraceptive, so why does my doc gave this to me.
Reduced sex drive can be a result of many psychological and physical causes. This condition may ruin a person’s relationship, more so, if both the partners are experiencing poor sex drive. Eventually this affects confidence and self esteem of either partners. A natural option to treat such a condition is Ayurveda. Herbs being organic, treat the root cause of this ailment. These herbs are known to give relief to poor libido among men and/or women. In addition to including these herbs, knowing reasons that can cause, deficient sex drive may also be of great help.
Physical fatigue and stress are major causes of lack of interest in sex. There may be medical or psychological reasons that can cause this condition. Medical conditions affecting sex drive include, hormonal imbalance, conditions affecting reproductive system in women.. Other physical reasons causing this condition include, trauma, injury, accident related trauma, etc. It is common in women, post delivery.
Although it is good to seek medical help, you may want to make few changes in lifestyle and pin point the reasons of poor libido. With help of ayurvedic herbs, you can treat this condition, by attending to factor causing it. Listed below are five effective options that can alleviate your problem to a great extent.
1) Garlic Lets begin with a simple herb that is commonly found, garlic. Garlic is an ayurvedic herb, and is popular for its properties to cure. Recouping after an infection or injury or child birth is easier, when you include garlic in your diet. Besides being curative, it is known for its improved sexual performance in men and women, as it promotes, general well being of sexual organs.
2) Shatavari popularly known as Asparagus Racemosus, helps in alleviating hormonal imbalance in women, more so, after child birth. It is also good remedy to overcome difficulties while conceiving. It is known to improve blood circulation and generation process, besides, overcoming miscarriage conditions in women. It is also effective in treating, certain conditions in men, such as, inflamed sexual organs, spermatorrhea and impotence.
3) Ashwagandha It is commonly called as Indian Ginseng and useful in treating conditions in men. It can mitigate conditions such as, male infertility, impotence, and premature ejaculation. It is an adaptogenic herb that provides good nourishment to your body, thereby making it competent to handle stress and strain. It therefore rejuvenates your sex drive, other than strengthening your respiratory and reproductive systems. When you are not stressed or fatigued, sexual desires, come back to you. To include ashwagandha in your routine, you should take it with, warm milk or ginger or hot water or honey or meals, to digest it easily.
4) Salab Mishri is a terrestrial plant known for promoting sexual endurance, besides improving your overall health. It is popularly useful in men, with conditions affecting sperm quality. It is known to improve blood circulation to penile region and hence augment sperm quality.
5) Shilajit Ayurveda revers this herb to be a divine, youth rejuvenating nectar. It helps maintain your youthful vigor and sexual desire. It is basically an aphrodisiac, that works to ameliorate male sperm count or low sperm count in man. It is effective when, poor libido is a result of hormonal irregularities. To summarize, this herb, improves hormone functioning, libido and sexual performance, and can be called Ayurvedic equivalent to Viagra.
I have a baby of 4 years, he has A+ blood group & I am AB-. My husband is O+. Is there any problem is 2nd baby.
I want to increase ma vagina hole Because while intercourse it's very difficult and painfully please explain a way to increase.
My wife is 38 years old I am 56 we have tight issue now I want one more wife has done sterilization is it possible?
I am 22 unmarried my vaginal is itching only outer side from one year and some spots on that whether I have to consult skin doctor or gynaecology leads to any cancer.
Ovulaion date me sex krne se pregnancy confirme Hain? Period k kitne din bad ovulaion date aati Hain? Ovulaion ka symtrom kya hain?
Toothpicks can be an alternative to use for flossing if dental floss is not available. Remember not to be too harsh while using it.