Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Dilatation And Curettage (D C) Procedure
Egg Donation Procedure
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Food Plan Preparation
Submit a review for Dr. T K V SharavananYour feedback matters!
I am 63years and 6 months old. My weight is 71kg, height 165cm. On routine check I find following, globulin 4.2, s. G. O. T is 91, s. G. P. T is 107, alkaline phosphate is 209. My blood sugar is at borderline since 5to 7 years. I am not taking any medicine for sugar. Fasting 130, pp155to 165. My walking is for 120 minutes daily. Is this serious.
My wife, 50 yrs having thyroid for the past 15 yrs. This blood test taken on 05-11-2015. The results are as follows. Free t3 = 3.52 pg/ml, free t4 = 2.14 ng/dl, tsh 3rd generation (hs tsh) = less than 0.005 miu/ml. Based on these results doctors advise her to reduce tab. Eltroxin to 150 microgram. But while taking for 10 days or so, the face and chest started swelling and even unable to wear the blouse. But on increasing to 200 microgram, the swelling disappeared. But doctors are threatening that organs will fail, if she takes more eltroxin than required. Please help to reduce the swelling and medicine intake. Intake of less than 200 microgram, even 175 microgram gives her the above problem.what is needed to be done?
Hello Dr. My mother is 42 years old and she has this really high Hypothyroid got her report done for Anti-TPO > 1000.0 < 65.0 IU/mL this is the counting came please could you suggest me what to do for her she smokes every single day and drinks alcohol some time its rely hard to make her understand that these things are bad for her. Please guide me what do for her so she can understands it thank you I would be Waiting for the Answer one mere thing I would like to ask is it important to get Ria Test for her reply soon.
I am suffering with burning sensation at foot and nerves I am getting week presently I am taking insulin 25/75 insumam 15 two times along with other tablets so kindly prescribe the suitable medicines please.
If you have got diabetes, then it is quite natural that you will soon face acute eye troubles. This is the reason diabetic patients are always suggested to keep their blood sugar levels controlled so that eye troubles can be easily avoided. Thorough medical check-up is required in order to detect conditions of the eyes. Some of the commonest eye troubles occurring due to diabetes are cataract, glaucoma, blurry vision, diabetic retinopathy and others.
List of eye diseases caused by diabetes:
- Diabetic Retinopathy: When the retina's smallest blood vessels get severely damaged due to increased blood sugar, then this kind of eye condition occurs. Early detection of this eye condition can save your eyes, but if it is too late, then nothing can be done, and it might even lead to blindness.
- Cataract: Fogging or clouding condition can bring this kind of condition and this can only be corrected by wearing proper corrective lenses. However, if you fail to control diabetes, then in spite of wearing glasses, your eye condition might get deteriorated day-by-day. Glared or blurred vision is the most common symptom in this regard.
- Glaucoma: When the eye fluid is not drained properly, then this kind of eye trouble occurs. In fact, eye pressure increases to a great extent as a result of which delicate eye nerves can get severely damaged. The blood vessels of the eyes can get clogged causing greater interruption in vision. Medicines can make aqueous humor to get drained in a proper manner, and thus you should go for a proper eye check-up so that you can acquire the requisite medicines. Some popular symptoms of glaucoma are headaches, eye aches, blurred vision, watery eyes, vision loss and others.
- Diabetic macular edema: This eye disease mainly occurs in the advanced stage of diabetic retinopathy. Macula is nothing, but the most delicate part of retina and when it gets swollen, then you might face this eye trouble. Only medications can help you to get rid of the same and thus immediate medical help is needed.
- Blurry vision: Though this is quite a small and temporary eye issue for diabetic patients, but this condition might turn into a serious one if you neglect to correct the same in the very beginning. You might even face blindness due to negligence of this trouble. Also, fluctuating sugar-levels should be stabilized so that this kind of trouble can be easily tackled.