Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Surash KatteraYour feedback matters!
Some medicine/syrup has the exp. Date as best before 24 month. I want to know that can we use these medicine/syrup after that best period or it can not be used after best period mention on the label?
I am 20 years old taking a tablet of ovabless daily. I had sex on 1st and 6th april and took I pill on both days. I got my periods on 13 april i.e. My regular date. I had sex on 26th april but condom slipped so I took another ipill and there wad bleeding on 3rd may till 6th may. Again had sex on 26 may but condom broke so took ipill and bleeding came on 4th june which lasted 3-4 days. I had sex after that but protected and last date was 29 june. I didn't had my periods till date. I used 8 urine pregnancy test till now each one showed negative. But I have experienced crams in stomach as if my periods are about to come but they doesn't and white fluid discharge from vagina. What should I do?
My wife is 52 yrs old and suffering from stomach ache for the last six days. She is currently on antibiotics. I wish to have sex with her tonight including oral sex. Is there any risk in licking her vagina because she may have some infection as she has stomachache.
Hi, I am Newly married me and my husband had sex during periods. We took safety measures (condoms and pee) but I missed my periods last month. Is there any chance of pregnancy… pls tell.
My wife is pregnant but I do not give sufficient time for care. Her bleeding so heavy. So what shall I do?
Good evening doctor! I am 36 years old male. I am going to married. She is 33 years old. In this age level we will got a baby in future? Or this age factor will affect ?Kindly explain.
Hi sir I am ravi. My wife have not getting period in this month. Last 4th april period came. I am using condom what should I do? Please reply.
Am trying to conceive from 1 year but till now I got negative results. Am disappointed very much. Now am tensed. Please give me some solutions. From January I am having irregular periods. I consulted doctor she said no problem in hormone its perfect. I did blood test as she suggested but no problem in it. Please doctor help me by giving gud solutions to get pregnant. Please:(
Potential Damage to the Cervix: There is a chance that the cervix may get damaged during the procedure, especially if the dilatation has not been done properly.
Perforation of the Uterus: There is a possibility that the walls of the uterus may get punctured. Although the chances are slim, the risk is also small as the uterus usually heals without complications.
Bleeding: There is usually some post-operative bleeding which diminishes with time but can be an inconvenience just the same.
Cervicovaginal Fistula: This is can be caused by a combination of the dilatation and curettage procedure and cerUterine Rupture: Rare cases of uterine rupture have been cited where the instillation was caused by the infusion of high-dose oxytocin.
Anesthesia if d&c done under general anesthesia patient may feel nausea or vomiting headache for a long time
Infertility if excessive curettage is done than no mense & no pregnancy at all
Irregular menses is also a very big problem after d&c
The main side effect of this procedure is the pain which gradually subsides with time. Bleeding is another side-effect. There is a lot of psychological trauma which occurs, especially if the D&C has been done for an abortion, Bleeding,
Beside these staying in hospital is also very hactic
There is a solution for these problems Herbal d&c no dilation no curatage only some drugs taken orally no side effect no disadvantage complete ccure
If u want to now more about this therapy contact to me Dr Uzma Rahat at lybrate
I am 26 I have had aborted three times last time in June, but I have a doubt as may first two pregnancy was aborted by miscarriage so should I take medical checkup.
Make diwali healthier: try these 6 healthy desserts!
Diwali is an ancient indian festival and the most awaited one at that. Be it bursting crackers, meeting relatives or savoring mouth-watering sweets, everyone has a special reason to make merry during diwali every state of india celebrates this festival of lights with its own special dessert recipes. In an attempt to avoid overindulgence, here are some healthy sweets and desserts that you can try this festive season:
1. Sesame seeds laddoo
- for a change, you can avoid the boondi laddoos this diwali and instead opt for sesame which is a rich source of calcium and magnesium.
- this laddoo is prepared by dry roasting the sesame seeds and then grinding them to a powdery texture along with sugar and cardamom powder.
- you can replace sugar with jaggery which is a healthier option too. Add roasted peanut chunks to the laddoos for a crunchy twist.
2. Pumpkin delight
- forget the calorie-rich kheer and choose pumpkin this season to add the extra fibre and goodness of vitamin a to your pumpkin payasam.
- you can make this dessert using all healthy ingredients like mashed pumpkin, milk, sago, cardamom powder and a pinch of saffron.
3. Ragi treat
- why not embrace ragi as your favorite cereal and make some mouth-watering delicacy out of it.
- ragi or finger millet is known for its high protein and mineral content.
- combine ragi with the grand flavors of saffron and cardamom, roasted peanuts and dried coconut and you can make some healthy and delicious barfi.
- add jaggery for the sweetness. You can easily replace the usual high calorie kaju barfis with this delicious treat.
4. Coconut macaroons
- some delicious macaroons can be baked with the healthiest ingredients like coconut, eggs, vanilla essence and sugar to taste and absolutely no oil content.
- once out of the oven, they have a hard texture and equally chewy feel from the inside.
- they make the best choice for an evening snack and are filled with goodness of coconut which help in digestion and also add a glow to your skin.
5. Date laddoos
dates (khajoor) are known for their iron content. Try to rope in the vitamins and minerals of dates to use them for ladoos instead of using besan (gram flour).
- in this recipe, dates are mashed till soft, heated in a pan with little coconut oil and then sesame powder is added to them while kneading them into a dough.
- add pieces of roasted cashew and cardamom powder to the kneaded dough for the flavor. When ready, roll them over sesame seeds for both the look and the taste.
- this is yet another treat for your sweet tooth without the harmful effects of either sugar or ghee (clarified butter)
6. Oats barfi
- when it comes to health, none can forget the ubiquitous oats. From breakfast to snacks, oats are the perfect choice for the health freak.
- this diwali make your favorite barfi with oats, anjeer (fig), dates, pistachios and flax seeds.
- use a little coconut oil in a pan and heat the mashed dates and coarsely ground roasted oats.
- add the other ingredients with a pinch of saffron and spread the dough it out in a flat dish.
- cut them into sizes you love and relish them with family.
Enjoy this diwali with your favorite sweets but without the sense of guilt with these exotic yet healthy recipes. Happy diwali!