Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sunitha RamasubramaniumYour feedback matters!
Hi, I am 9 year old male child having problem of night sweating as well as my underwear is wet with urine in day, some stool in underwear in day, taking bath with very hot water and smell in my urine also suggest me the reason/causes for all these things as well as course of treatment.
Cough and cold are very daunting diseases for anyone out there. Especially for people who have a tendency of catching cold easily. Nobody likes to have a runny nose, vigorous cough and fever. But all these symptoms occur when anyone suffers from cough and cold. However, the symptoms get doubled when anyone suffers with Whooping cough. Though any kind of chronic cough can be severe enough but whooping cough is the most panic striking among them all.
What is whooping cough?
Whooping cough begins with a little respiratory illness and includes runny nose, relentless cough. In later stages a development of vivid, copious mucus with the cough and the whoop sound while coughing develops. Whooping cough can be treated safely. If we look at the homeopathic treatment, there are various remedies for whooping cough. But first and foremost, it is very important to boost your immunity. Good immunity helps you to recover faster. Next you need to add nutrition to your diet, which are very important for your health. So intake green veggies and fruits as much as you can. Talking about the homeopathy treatment, yes there are some common homeopathic medicines available, which are prescribed for whooping cough. However, it depends upon individuals and their condition as to which one would be prescribed.
Listed are homeopathic medicines for whooping cough:
- Antimonium tartaricum: This medicine is prescribed if anyone suffers with scanty and prolific cough along with difficulties in chest or lung. The patient may get mucus with cough, but it hardly comes out. As a result, the patient might end up vomiting in an effort to expel the mucus. The cough can be worse in this case, and the patient might feel breathless often. This medicine is prescribed in such a condition when the chest is filled with mucus, but it barely comes out.
- Drosera: This medicine is prescribed when a person experiences convulsions of coughing and ends up having cyanosis and shortness of breathing. The cough will be worse, especially at night, and the patient may end up vomiting. There is a chance of getting cramps in feet and hands while coughing.
- Belladona: This is a very common medicine for whooping cough, which is usually prescribed in the early feverish stages of whooping cough. If taken properly, it can be effective in terms of curing the illness.
Mostly in the coughing stage, patients may face violent cough with red nose and bulging out of eyes, there can be abdominal pain too. Severe irritation in larynx and headache too are noticed in this period. All the above mentioned homeopathic medicines are likely to be used in treating whooping cough infection. However, it is advised to consult a homeopathic doctor before starting any treatment.
My son 8 years old had earlier been diagnosed with Phimosis. Our paediatrician advised a cream to applied with which his skin started to retract (fucidin) and it seemed to have worked fine. However, his penis skin got stuck again after sometime which we corrected after applying the cream for sometime again. Now he has been advised to retract his skin regularly however in 1-2 instances his skin developed a cut which was painful to him while urinating. Is there some permanent solution to this problem. We don't want to go for a surgery as one of the leading hospital Doctor advised. Pl advise what is the best solution to this problem. Also to let you know, we came to know of this problem initially because he was facing issues during urinating. He was complaining of frequent urination with only few droplets. Though the problem was largely sorted out after his skin retraction, however he did complain once or twice on urinating issue but not recently.
Hi Doctor, My 2 years old son followed a sysfol active tablet. He is fine and shows no sign of poisoning is there anything to be worried about?
I am giving daily idli, apple juice, cerelac, rice with moong dal, pomegranate juice, moosambi juice, potato, and then in night rice with dal, and last cerelac, to my lactose intolerant 10 month old boy baby. He is very thin. How to become fat? He cries while eating, also he is crying I never mind and I hold him tightly in my hands and I give food by spoon. When I give apple grinded, he does potty like the apple. List the foods to be given him daily to become fat and healthy.
My daughter age is 18 month And 05 days. When his age is 6 and half months than we find that she is suffering from Iron deficiency Anemia. That time hemoglobin level is 6.5% and that time required blood transfusion. After that when she admitted in hospital that time Hemoglobin level is 10.38% and at presently we take some test. At present Hemoglobin % is 12.20 and LDH level 597U/L and S. Ferritin level is 63.8 ng/ml and we also taken HB ELECTROPHORESIS and result is HB A- 96.5%, HB A2-2.3% and HB F -1.2%. On dated 01/0/2016 HB% becomes down 10.20% RBC-4.18% and some times we give her nebulizer. Most of the time Runny nose itchy eye and regular cold and fever problem. Now I want to know the above report result mean. Can you tell me please? On the other hand last 4 months his weight is constant at 9 kg. How we can gain weight my baby. We are worry about that.
At what age of my infant shall I start feeding her top milk and other liquid. She is 1.5 month now only on breastfeed?
The tooth is made of 3 layers, each with unique characteristics and specific function, the enamel, dentin, and pulp. The enamel is the outermost layer of the tooth and gives the tooth it's hard and lustrous appearance. The enamel is thicker on the crown than the root and is the first one to be affected by tooth decay. The only symptom when the enamel is decayed is food lodgment and discoloration.
The dentin is the next layer, which is composed of minute fine tubules leading from the enamel to the living portion of the tooth, which is the pulp. Once decay progresses from the enamel, the dentin is affected, and this leads to sensitivity in the teeth. When the root portion is exposed to the oral environment, because the root is covered by a more delicate substance called cementum, more severe dental sensitivity ensues.
There is a sharp, shooting discomfort through the tooth to specific foods, such as sweet, acidic, or hot or cold foods. The main reasons for tooth sensitivity include:
- Tooth decay, both crown and root caries
- Periodontal disease and gum recession
- Tooth erosion
- Aggressive tooth brushing
- Mouth breathing
- Bruxism or night grinding
However, there are some simple ways to manage sensitivity, which can be done regularly at home.
- Toothpaste made for sensitive teeth: Potassium nitrate has been shown to block the tubules and has been included as an active ingredient in toothpastes. These are very effective, and if you are brushing twice, this can be used instead of the regular paste once.
- Brushing: Both the type of toothbrush and the brushing technique can have an impact on sensitivity. Change to softer brushes and learn the ideal way to brush your teeth. A lot of times, rough brushing can lead to erosion and subsequent sensitivity
- Rinsing: Fluoride containing rinses have been proven to reduce sensitivity
- Food habits: Even before sensitivity sets in, being cautious to avoid acidic fruits and juices can help prolong the onset of sensitivity. If possible, consuming these food stuffs should be followed by brushing or at the least a thorough rinsing
- Sealants: If a person is prone to caries (deep pits and fissures, for instance), then it is advisable to get sealants applied on the teeth. This can reduce the instance of wearing of the enamel which then leads to sensitivity
- Mouth guard: If you are a night grinder, then a mouth guard can help curtail this habit and thereby reduce sensitivity.
There you go with how to reduce sensitivity. Try these simple, easy measures and go on to enjoy the sweets or hot or cold foods that you have always craved for.
What will be the suitable oil for baby massage, my baby is a month old. Some say its Coconut oil, a few suggest Olive oil, others say Sesame seed oil is the best. Please suggest, do we decide it as per weather? If yes, then what oil is best for which weather?
This is a 2 years male baby was having fever, Dr. Prescribed babygesic and sinarest. After taking medicine he is normal but now he got blackish watery stool. Is that because of the medicine. If so what should I suppose to do. Thank you.
Hello. Can I give Pediasure nutrition powder to my daughter. She is one year 2 months old. Please suggest.
Hello doctor my baby girl is 5 months old she don't drink milk every time she was only playing what can I do? Which food items I can feed to her?
I have 1.5 year child he has daily problem for cough what I do for his medicine & any req. To change his diet.
My 3 year old is sick with a temperature of 100 Degrees she can not keep anything down including Liquids. What should I do?
Hello My baby is 1 year 10 months old, I'm giving her homeopathy medicine for molluscum but from yesterday she had bad cough for cough I gave allopathy syrup. Can I continue both medicine homeopathy and allopathy.
I'm a mother of a daughter who completed 4 years this month. But I'm facing a big problem and that is she is not eating any thing except milk. She generally does not feel hungry for whole day. But she is very much active also .she keeps on playing without any food or juice. She is just taking approximately 400 ml of milk in one day and whole night. She is not taking single drop of juice also. She doesn't like any kind of eatable Items which other children of her age eat like chocolate, ice creams,cakes, any kind of junk food also she do not like. have done her blood test her hemoglobin level is 6. Which is very low. Im giving her Hemsi Pd drops and "Bevon syrup. For her growth. Her weight is just 9 kg and height also short. Can you suggest any syrup for growth and height and for making her hungry for food.
Hi My son had viral fever 15 days back with no symptom. This fever last for seven days. Doctor gave flexon and augpen for possible infection like uti or throat. Now fevr came back after 15 day with block nose n cough. Does viral fever reoccur. What to do now. Should I visit his doctor or should I give him gladimol c n asthalin expectorant. Plzz suggest his age 4 years weight 14 kg.
Having a baby is a beautiful experience and it is important for first time parents to learn the ropes of taking care of a newborn. A mother should consider getting help after the birth of the child as that particular time period can be overwhelming and hectic to take care of the baby all alone. You can get started by nursing your child by taking assistance from specialists and nurses who tell you how to change the clothes of the baby, hold the baby and how to take care of your baby.
How to take care of a newborn
You can hire a maid who can help you look after your baby. If you have relatives, you can request them to help you out. It is important to keep the following things in mind while taking care of a baby.
- Babies are susceptible to infection quickly and hence it is necessary that we wash our hands properly with a hand sanitiser before carrying the baby.
- Make sure you carry the baby properly by providing the infant with proper support below the neck and head. The same rules apply while laying the baby down in the cradle.
- Do not shake the baby vigorously, even by mistake, as it can cause bleeding in the brain of the baby, which can cause death.
- Any member of the household should not throw the baby in the air or try any rough play as a newborn baby is not ready for it.
- Sponge bath should be given to the baby until the umbilical cord falls off and only after the navel heals totally. It can take about 1–4 weeks for this to happen.
- It is very vital that you use clean diapers for your baby, and if the diaper is wet, it must be removed immediately to avoid any rash in and around the genital area. It is important that the genital area is cleaned well by the use of cotton balls and water.
- In case you are using cloth diapers, then it is advisable that you clean it with detergents that are fragrance free.