Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sunitha
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SunithaYour feedback matters!
My sisters son has shivering in the time of eating. Also he don't like to talk, even to his father, also he is crying very fast, even when an biscuit lost. Also all the time he is biting his nail. He has asthma also. Please send a good solution for it.
Doctor my baby would be 15 months old on 16 Jan 2015 and is due for MMR Vaccine but i have heard mixed reviews on the same and parents talking about various side effects where kids stop eating ,feeling feverish etc. Please clarify my doubts.
My spouse got cracked nipple problem. She has 15 month baby with breastfeeding. She is using nipcare cream and some antibiotics which was prescribed by her doctor but not getting relief.
Dear doctor, My 7-year-old niece has been recommended an adenoidectomy. I would like to know the cost for the surgery. Also would like to know if there are any long term after effects of the same.
My younger daughter is 10 years old. She is not gaining her weight please suggest some diet for her.
2 year baby is suffering from high fever 103. I gave meftal p before 1 and half hour but fever is not coming down. What should I do.
I don't know this is Right or wrong but only problem with my daughter (2 years 1 month old) is mostly she passes stool after having morning heavy meal. Sometimes in the night too, she passes her stool mostly 2 to 3 times in a day. She is slim but very active. She is having this problem since 8, 9 months. Is this a disease? Any serious problem or common? Please suggest?
I am blessed with a girl baby on 26.10.2016. While going to pediatrician on 2.11.2016 for general check up. He found that the baby eyes appears yellow. He advised us to take jaundice test. Test result exhibits that the baby has jaundice and the reading is 18 mg/dl. Baby is kept under blue ray light and she has no fever. Please give some suggestions. We are worrying about our baby health condition.
Upon reaching adolescence, children's bodies undergo several changes and so do their minds. It is then that their minds are most, as well as least impressionable. And the daunting question regarding the upbringing of an adolescent is how to treat their constantly changing behavior?
Here are some of the tantrums adolescents more commonly throw, and what should ideally be your approach to it:
- Your child seems to hate you: It is very common for a phase of emotional exclusionism to prevail between 16-17 years of age approximately. And the worst thing you could do is heighten that emotion by returning the hatred. Make sure you're firm against any extremely unacceptable behavior, but at the same time, show them that you're there for them no matter what.
- Electronic devices become the center of their attention: Whenever you want to have an earnest conversation with your children, their attention seems to be drawn solely to their phones and computers. They feel the need to be connected to their friends and all times. Ways to monitor that are by setting limit to the maximum hours spent on devices or making them pay their own bills, which will make them more responsible rather than splurging unnecessarily. Also, if your child is not entirely secluded from the family, it is probably best not to interfere all the time.
- Ignoring the curfew: Your kids often stay out later than the set limit. But it is quite possible that your curfew is unreasonable when compared to other parents' curfew. Find out what the average time limit is; it may prevent your child from bearing a grudge against you. In case they still fail to respect your curfew, make sure you spill out to them what the consequences can be, like being grounded for a week. However, in certain cases, your child may be spending time doing nothing constructive, but away from home. There may be something else going on, find out what that is.
- Being friends with the wrong people: Sometimes it might happen that you think some children do not have a good influence on your child, but you cannot say that directly because adolescents tend to get very defensive about their choice of friends. Unless the adolescent is doing something harmful with the friend, like using drugs, let him exercise his choice. Otherwise, don't hesitate from seeking professional help to counsel your child.
- Being over-dramatic: Every emotion is heightened in your child and you cannot tell them that what they are whining or being overjoyed about are trivial, because that's their prime focus then. Let them realize on their own how irrational they sound or else you may risk spoiling your relation with them.