Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sunitha
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SunithaYour feedback matters!
My son 2 years 4 months old. He is thin and doesn't have good eater. Kindly suggest any good syrup for him.
Hello Dr. Is it normal My 4 years old daughter is having body temperature of 97.3 in the early morning 4 am.
Is there any side effect of masturbation on 16 years old boy? I try masturbation in 1 weak 1 time. Is there any effect on my hair?
Hi, Doctor I have a boy kid. He is 2 years old. But still now he not start to speak well. But will speech with one word for he will call ma, pa, and also he tell all the product names for example samsung and also have pronunciation. Issues. He can not to speek sound of la, ra,rr as lyk tiz. Am so worried about tiz. I want to know I its a big issues or normal. What is the solution.
Hi I have stomach pain from last three days back pain and ulcer in mouth also Please suggest what shout I do.
My son is 15 months old He is suffering in Krabbe disease, is this disease is curable what we do Pls. Suggest me.
I have 2 years old baby and still feeding and my wife does not want to feed him any more and she is trying but after some time her breast becomes hard and she feels pain in breast so is this normal or is it has any sideffect.
Why it's important that your child's diet is calcium-rich
Calcium is an inevitable part of your child's diet. You cannot afford to skip it if you wish to maintain a healthy lifestyle for your child. It is recommended that children between the ages of 9 and 18 should get approximately 1300 milligrams of calcium every day. Calcium-rich diet is important for your child for a number of reasons.
- Calcium helps in building strong bones and teeth for your child.
- It is important in order to ensure proper functioning of your child's muscles and nerves.
- Calcium plays a vital role in the release of such hormones and enzymes in your child's body that convert the food he eats into energy.
- It is also helpful in causing the blood to clot whenever your child gets bruised.
- Since your child is continuously growing, a calcium-rich diet ensures an adequate supply of resources that help him to develop new bones that are healthy and strong.
- A calcium-rich diet is also essential as far as other bodily functions like muscle contraction, blood vessel constriction and relaxation are concerned.
What does lack of a calcium do to your child's body?
- Lack of calcium can cause bone diseases like osteoporosis in your girl child, thus exposing her to a greater risk of weakened bones and possibility of fractures.
- If your child is a young kid and his diet lacks calcium or vitamin d, which absorbs calcium, he is exposed to the threats of the bone-softening disease called rickets. It can cause in him bowing of the legs, muscle pain and poor growth.
- Bones are living tissues that change constantly, old bones keep getting replaced by newer ones and a calcium-rich diet aids this procedure. Therefore without an adequate supply of calcium, this process would borrow minerals from existing bones, thus weakening them and exposing them to increased risks of fracture.
- Lack of calcium also increases risks of cardiovascular diseases, damaged gums, high blood pressure, ovarian and breast cancer and several other infirmities in your child in his later years.