Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SunithaYour feedback matters!
What is diet plan for two year baby and weight is 8 kg, so weigh graining diet plan Protein powder is helpful for baby or not.
Breast milk is the best for babies and the benefits of breastfeeding are one too many. Breast milk not only supplies your baby with its requirement of vitamins and nutrients, but also gets the substances which fight diseases, making your baby healthy and strong.
Benefits of breastfeeding are:
1. Protects Your Body - Breastfeeding induces some changes in your body which you might not be very delighted to accept, but are for the sake of your baby. Did you know, these very changes benefit you as well. Studies have proved that women who breastfeed are protected against breast and ovarian cancer. The longer you feed, the more protected you are.
2. Reduces Stress - Adding to the benefits of breastfeeding you can derive, is the fact that it helps you reduce stress. It also lessens your risk of postpartum depression. Breastfeeding has been found to be relaxing since it releases the hormone called oxytocin. This release also helps the uterus contract.
3. Averts Risk For Baby - A breastfed baby has lower risk of sudden infant death syndrome.
4. Reduces Obesity Risk In Baby - Breastfed babies have lower chances of obesity. They are good at judging when their tummies are full and therefore stop drinking on time. This leads to healthy growth pattern. Compared to babies who are fed on formula, breastfed babies gain weight at slower speed, hence reducing chances of obesity later in life.
5. Increases Cognitive Skills - Multiple researches have shown that there is a direct relationship between cognitive development and breastfeeding.
6. Enhances Baby’s Immunity - Breastfeed babies are also said to be better protected from developing allergies as immune factors like secretory igA is present only in breast milk. It creates a protective layer on the babys intestinal tract. Babies who aren't breastfeed are known to fall sick pretty frequently as formula diet doesn't build their immunity as mother's milk does.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
I have problem in concentration while reading and Listening. Also at work I forget many things, of course I have to multitask in office but like others I too don't want to forget things. Regarding this office work actually I am not happy doing job here and I want to leave this, I am frustrated here So, that may be a case I am not remembering little things . But the concentration problem is there with me, and I have searched on net regarding this there is something called ADHD. Please tell me what problem I have and how to deal with it? Thanks
All diabetic patients who fast should be aware of certain facts if they fast during Ramzan, he further added.
All patients with diabetes should consult with their family physician regarding the Ramzan fast and learn the warning symptoms.
Type 2 diabetes will be controlled by diet and may require no special precautions.
Patients at risk of diabetes should avoid overeating to prevent post meal high blood pressure, after the predawn and/or sunset meal.
The exercise program for patients with diabetes on diet control should be modified to avoid lower blood sugar level. Exercise should be done 2 hours after the sunset meal.
Food restriction and dehydration may cause some cardiac risk in the elderly.
The choice of drugs in diabetes may require consultation with a doctor. Drugs that act by increasing the production of insulin are to be preferred. Some patients on metformin may fast safely with minimal complications. However, two-thirds of the total daily dose should be given just before the sunset meal and rest one-third before the predawn meal. Patients on pioglitazone may require no change in dose. Patients on sulfonylureas may require medical clearance before commencing fast.
Insulin dose also needs to be modified during the fast. Usually two doses of insulin, one before each meal, are sufficient.
If the blood sugar falls below 60, then the fast should be immediately broken.
Fast should also be broken if blood sugar rises to more than 300.
Patients should avoid fasting on sick days.
Tragedies are a part of life and at some point in life, every person faces them. It may be in different forms like separation, crisis in relationships, financial stress, death of a loved one, some severe disease and many others. Such tragedies can cripple anybody from inside out, but the children can have a devastating effect on their lives. Therefore, it is important that you love and support them during this phase and help them face the situation well.
Here are a few ways of dealing with the effects of tragedies on kids:
- Talk to them, honestly: It is important to assure the kids that they are not alone in this world and should remember that there are many other people who love them. In case of a tragedy, kids usually have a lot of pent-up feelings inside them. You need to talk to them and make them understand that instead of keeping those feelings to themselves, they should talk to you or anyone they trust. Venting out will enable them to relax.
- Act on truth: It is very important to teach the children that no matter what happens in life, there is a chance to start afresh. The kids should be surrounded with people they love, as it will make them feel a little relaxed and open. Also, it is essential for them to know that there’s always hope and not all is lost.
- Remain calm: After a large scale tragedy, your children will usually look up to you regarding, how to react in a situation. Although it is okay for your children to see you sad or in grief, but you should keep as calm as possible and do not react intensely. This will help keep them calm and less anxious.
- Reassure your children about safety: You should make your children understand that they are safe and nothing bad will happen to them. They must be reassured that no harm will come upon them as you are always with them.
- Maintain normal routine: It is essential to give your children a feeling of normalcy. You must try to maintain their normal schedule with the usual dinner time, bed time and school time. You must pay special attention to them to make them feel more secure. You should spend extra time with them and always be there for company and reassurance for any factor.
Children are affected severely by any kind of tragedies as they are fragile and immature. Tragedies disrupt the balance of life, but you must try to make your children feel the crisis as less as possible, so that they get less hampered emotionally. A troubled childhood affects the healthy growing up of a child.
Hi doctor, my baby is 3 months old. He is having slow weight gain and looking so lean. His birth weight is 3.4 kg and now he is 5.2 kg. Is it normal? I am on breastfeeding. He is not finishing one breast completely. He is taking only foremilk and not hindmilk. He is very lazy to suck and sleeps often in the breast. After feeding I used to pump to remove the hindmilk. Please suggest what to be done?
My son is 3.5 years old and weighs 14 kg. Was having a repetitive condition of pain and stiffness behind left ear with fever and cough and cold. Which was diagnosed as left cervical lymphadenitis the condition is repeating after almost a month. And has repeated fourth time. He has been on antibiotics like zifi for 3 or 5 days. And on the last occasion linezolid for 14 days. But it has again repeated with same symptoms. A little worried wants to seek expert advice. Please help.
My 3 years old daughter hugs me and her mother very much but with her and our clothes up and enjoys the touch of body very much. Is this behavior of a child is normal or is this something to worry about and train/ counsel her. Please advise.
Epilepsy is a common neurology problem. We need to have proper diagnosis and treatment. The medications need to be taken very regularly. Make sure to sleep for at least 6 to 7 hours.