Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. SunithaYour feedback matters!
I need a dietician that can help me actually I had lost alot of weight suddenly due to wich my eyes got sunken in and I'm suffering from sunken eyes since a year. Please help me and tell me how can I get rid of it? Even pills would work. Please don't suggest fillers I am a student whose living alone so I can't afford it.
Hi, I have some problem in my right eye there is no vision and the pressure is also high there are some white spots like cloudy in my eye doctor gave me some medicine but I'm not satisfied with his check up he is saying that I have to put medicine long life he also told that I have ulcer in my eye.
An eye stye develops when a specific oil gland at the edge of an eyelid gets infected. A stye looks like a pimple in appearance and may occur either outside or the inside of an eyelid.
Here are several facts you should know about eye styes:
- Pain, redness and tenderness are the first signs: After these symptoms are observed, a small pimple develops in the affected area and swells up the eyes. In some cases, only the immediate area is affected while in other cases, the entire eye gets swollen.
- Styes do not cause problems with vision: Vision is not affected by eye styes much and both near vision and far vision will remain unaffected.
- Staphylococcal bacteria causes an eye stye: This specific bacteria is usually found in the nose which makes it easy to transfer to the eyes when you rub your nose (read more about Allergic Issues of the Nose) and then the eyes.
- Styes are contagious: Every human contains this bacteria in their body, which cause styes and any person of any age can develop an eye stye. Eye styes are contagious in nature and can spread from person to person. You must keep your eyes and hands very clean and must not share pillows, bed sheets or towels.
- Most eye styes heal on their own: Most styes heal on their own within a few days. Applying hot compress for fifteen minutes, three to four times a day, can help you get relief from an eye stye. This process, continued over a long time will cause the stye to rupture, drain and heal on its own.
- Do not pop an eye stye: People have the habit of popping pimples (know more about the Home Remedies to Get Rid of Pimples) with their fingers, but it is advised not to do that in case of eye styes. You must allow the stye to heal on its own.
A stye occurring inside the eyelid is called an internal hordeolum and might not rupture or heal on its own. This type of stye is serious and requires medical attention, the doctor will surgically open it up and drain it. You will be prescribed antibiotic ointments in case of recurring styes. Pre moistened eyelid cleansing pads can also be used to maintain hygiene and avoid blepharitis.
Eye stye can occur due to other eye issues: Other conditions of the eyes can also cause eye styes. The affected area undergoes frequent watering, light sensitivity gets increased and the person may feel something is stuck in their eye. An eye stye causes infection of the eyelids and affects the entire eye. Although they are not very serious and in most cases heal on their own, proper care, and precautions should be taken for eye styes. If you wish to discuss about any specific eye problem, you can consult a specilized opthamologist and ask a free question.
I am suffering from glucoma and corona distrophy taking combigain and trvatan but my vision is not clear.
Hi doctor- I am 23 yr old girl and I have weak eyesight and I am wearing specs for long distance vision. My eye sight no is- Left -2.75 Right-3.50 I am so afraid because my eyesight is increasing and I don't like to weak specs and my skin is so sensitive so when I wearing specs than red rashes is done in my nose and related chin area which depress me. So I like to know how to reduce my eyesight no. Or is lasik laser treatment is safe for cure vision or not? and if any other treatment is available. please help me.
I am 29 yrs old, I have specks for last 15 years, my current no are 5.5, 6 for far length, how can I reduce my no or which process is better for operation to have a clear vision for long time.
I am 23 years old. I sleep 8-9 hours a day but still I have constant dark rings around my eyes. Also my eyes looks as if I have put red kajal in my eyes when exposed to sun and the dark circles increases that time. Please guide me.
My eyes are going deeper into my face even though I slept 8hrs a day. I have BP 140/80. My company doctor suggested some of blood tests they are all fine. Could you tell me the reason.
I am suffering from eye floaters. I had consulted eye doctors. They say there is no problem with eye. They even given tablet. But of no use. How can it be cured. Wt is the reason. Any prescription.
I have a problem that when I talk with my fiance when ever it may be and also when I see any move, when a kiss or any sex related seen come and also if some one tells me that he likes me then from that time whenever I talk with him even he is my friend, there is white discharge from my vagina. So I face a lots of problems in my day today life. So please help me what should I do to overcome it. Thank you.
I have red eyes whenever I ride my bike and aslo I have to reduce my tummy aslo whenever I use laptop my eyes become red aslo sometime my legs were also paining please help me.
I have shot tightness and red eye and water flow is it a problem glasses is a solution what is your opinion.
I have pain in my eyes, my eyes become red, pain in head and I can not see from long distance properly. Then what should I do?
Why am I having persistent redness in the eyes and is it advisable to go for LASIK surgery and what is nystagmus?
Here are health facts of Cornea
Hi, I am Dr. Bhupesh Singh. I am a cornea specialist at Bharti Eye Hospital, New Delhi.
So, the Cornea is a transparent structure in the eye which becomes white or opaque due to various process like eye infection, some injury to the eye or some other pathology. For treating the Opacity of the cornea, Cornea transplantation is a very good option. In Cornea transplantation, we place the donor cornea to the patient with the help of stitches. After corneal transplantation, usual recovery is within a period of 3 months, Patient is able to see nicely after 3 months. Cornea transplantation can be done under local or general anesthesia depending on the patient’s age.
So, in conclusion, I would like to say cornea transplantation is a very good option for removing the corneal opacity. Thank you.