Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Urologists in India. You will find Urologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Urologists online in Chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Sunil ShroffYour feedback matters!
I am a 25 years old girl. I don't have sugar but I am going toilet frequently. Hourly once. What is wrong in me I don't know. Please suggest.
I am 28 years old nd from few days I hv urine problem like in few few minutes I hv to go washroom but urine is not discharging help me.
My mother is a kidney patient, there are so many restrictions over her diet, she can't eat green leafy vegetables, nor fruits but apple, otherwise it would impact her health. Please let me know, what vegetables.
I am a 63 year old male detected with prostate problem - ct3anomo, ipsa -18-19, biopsy report/gleason score - 6. Question - what course of treatment - surgery, radiation and/or hormone therapy to accept so as to ensure least chances of incontinence and impotence.
Mam. I had an unprotected sex 1st time with my feonce on 13th march and 25th march is my mensuration date. My period is not start yet. I took many times urine test which shows negative and I also test serum beta hcg. It also shows negative. What I do please help my period is not yet starts please what I do. Ultrasound karalu ya ni.
I have gone through left kidney surgery but after 6 month of surgery my right kidney pain sometime, What can i do?
I feel like to go for urination more often than normal and while doing so, it so irritate. I am diagnosed as niddm (non insulin dependent diabetic mellitus) patient for the last 20 years. Kindly advise.
Most of the time it happens that I feel burning while urine discharge and it continues for 2-3 days and after every half an hour I feel like to go to the washroom. Please help me to know the exact reason of it and also provide me the solutions that will not affect me adversely.
I have started to feel a prickly pain as I pee from a few days ago. It also urges me to pee giving false alarms. What could it be?
How to show my report. As desired USG KUBP report is as under As per report -Right Kidney- normal. Left Kidney - normal in size and shape and echotexture - No evidence of any calculous or hydronephrosis is seen. Urine bladder is seen in distended state. No evidence of calculous or mass lesion is seen. Pre-void urine volume- 262cc Significant post void residual urine volume-48cc Prostate is normal in size (25X40X26mm) Volume (14cc) and attenuation. No diffuse or focal Opinion- Ultrasound KUB reveals significant post void residual urine. Advise - clinically correlation. Some time when there is pressure for long time I feel this as in this case. If I go without too much pressure then in one or two time I feel relief by passing urine in drops also.
I can't eat NSAID as a painkiller because before when I ate it I had kidney problems and there was blood in mu urine. What should I do if I had use painkillers.
I am 23 year old boy. I have urine problem urine urgency. I take 3 months of 400mg ofloxion. I done my seemen routine show 8-10 puscell. What is the treatment.
May father age is 74. On 31.8. 15 suddenly urine block. Pipe insert in his urine place. Now he is taking geristart for 10 days and niftran 100mg 2 times in a day. When doctor cathedral remove.
Our kidneys act as filters which constantly flushes out toxins and excess minerals with water in form of urine. Urine contains lots of minerals which may precipitate and form stones. Urine has lots of pro-precipitating agents and anti-precipitating agents. When their balance disturbs due to some disease, stones start forming. These stones may often lead to abdominal pain which is referred to as renal colic.
What exactly is renal colic?
Renal or ureteric colic is the term used for typical pain in one side of abdomen in flank region starting from back and radiating forward towards lower abdomen up to scrotum. This is usually associated with nausea, vomiting and urinary discomfort. There may be blood in urine.
How kidney stones are related to renal colic?
Kidney stones usually form inside kidney and lies there without causing any pain. But whenever they are dislodged and stuck at mouth of kidney (pelvis) or anywhere in ureter, they block the passage of urine of that kidney. This causes swelling in kidney termed as hydronephrosis. This swelling in kidney causes renal / ureteric colic. This colic is protective phenomenon and tries to push out the stones. Small stones do come out in urine by this natural process. This spontaneous expulsion of small stones is common and many local practitioners used to get credit of it feigning benefit of their medicine. However large stones need some form of intervention to come out. Otherwise, they do harm to kidneys in long term.
Symptoms of kidney stones along with renal /ureteric colic -
- Most stones which are lying in calyces of kidney are asymptomatic
- Nausea & vomiting
- Frequent urinary tract infections
- Fever with chills
- Foul smelling urine
- Hesitency, frequency and burning in urination
- Blood in urine (urine with a reddish, pink or brownish hue)
- Passage of small stones in urine
Treatment of renal colic
Treatment of ureteric/renal stones involves control of symptoms and stone removal.
- Expectant Treatment or Medical Expulsion Therapy: Small stones of less than 4 mm size usually pass on its own and some medicines like alpha-blockers and steroid hasten up their expulsion. Medium size stone (4-6 mm), sometimes passes with aid of these medications. But stones larger than 6 mm usually require intervention.
- Lithotripsy: This method involves breaking of stones by shock waves into small dusty particles which pass through urine on its own. This is usually suitable for stones upto 1.5 cm and lying in kidneys. This is non-operative treatment which can be done on OPD or Daycare basis.
- Ureteroscopy (URS): This method involves entry of very thin semirigid scope through urethra into ureter. Stone is broken by LASER and removed. This involves single day admission and spinal anaesthesia.
- RIRS- Retrograde Intra Renal Surgery: In this method very thin flexible scope in maneuvered through urethra into the upper ureter and pelvi-calyceal system of kidney. Stones in kidney or upper ureter are broken by LASER and removed. This is also done under anaesthesia and requires a day admission.
- Mini- PCNL: This method is suitable for large renal stones. In this technique, a small hole is made into the kidney through back and tiny scope is entered into the kidney. Stones are broken by LASER and removed. This is done under anaesthesia and require two to three days admission. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an urologist.