Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sundra VadhanamYour feedback matters!
Day before yesterday I mistakenly bitten a bone so hard and my teeth got cracked I can see two lines on the teeth any solution to repair it?
Dear doctor, from last 12 days my mouth remains more watered than normal level but it is stomach related. How can I cure it with home made remedies.
My teeth has very spots and scary I want any cleaning items to clean my teeth whitening please help me.
From last 4 to 5 months I am suffering from tmj. Now I dont feel any pain in my mouth but my left side of cheek look swallow please suggest i do not look god I love my face so much please.
Its been more than a week I have severe pain in my jaws. Tried all home remedies but no use. Please suggest what to do ?
Small painful mouth sores can be anywhere in the mouth lips, soft palate, hard palate, cheeks, gum base, tongue and even on the roof of the mouth. When situated inside the mouth, they can cause pain during eating or swallowing, especially with hot or spicy foods. A bigger cause for concern is that these mouth sores or mouth ulcers or canker sores could be an indication of an underlying health condition. A lot of chronic diseases, including HIV, herpes, and syphilis, manifest themselves as mouth sores. The following are some of the health conditions to watch out for when you have mouth sores. Each disease has characteristic appearance and so very often are easy to identify.
1. Herpes simplex (HSV1): The herpes simplex virus causes sores on the lips only which are usually painful with red blisters that last about 10 to 14 days. These are caused by herpes simplex virus type 1 and the sores appear about 20 days after contracting the virus. Also, once they enter the system, they can cause recurrent attacks especially when the immunity is low.
2. Canker sore: The most common type of mouth ulcer, they are also known as aphthous ulcers and are usually seen on the soft tissues of the mouth (not the hard palate or the gum base). These are generally innocuous and heal within 5 to 7 days. Do reach out for medical help if there are more than 5 to 6 bouts of canker sores in a year.
3. Oral thrush: Also known as candidiasis, this is where there are whitish lesions on the tongue and the insides of the mouth. Candida is a fungus that is normally present in the mouth, but when the immune system is weakened, it can lead to an infection, orally manifested as white lesions. These are typical and appear in toddlers and in patients with anemia, diabetes, HIV/AIDS, or cancer patients on chemotherapy.
4. HIV/AIDS: Another disease which first can be diagnosed in the mouth is HIV/AIDS. In the first stages of infection, known as acute retroviral syndrome, where the first symptoms of the disease begin to manifest, oral ulcers are one of the first symptoms. With the other associated symptoms, more workup for diagnosis should be done followed by appropriate treatment.
5. Oral cancers: The lining of the inside of the mouth can develop cancer and usually it appears in the form of chronic non healing ulcer that just does not go away. Seen anywhere in the mouth, nonhealing ulcers are a cause for concern and should be investigated and treated.
As seen above, mouth sores may be harmless often, but in some cases, may have something more to tell about the health in some cases. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
I had a swollen uvula, from that moment after 2 to 3 months I can still feel that something is still not fully normal what should I do?
My friend is a graphics designer, having 8 hour job. He has a very bad mouth smell. He smokes as well 10-12 cigg every day. Please advice what he need to do. He occasionally eats non veg, do not drink alcohol.
Sir I have a problem repeated to my teeth I have a cavity inside the that day by day it is going pain too much I can't eat a single thing I can't. Plzz help.
I am 33 years old man 1 year back my front teeth was taken instructed instructed by dental but now I find difficulties routine in such way that I get blank often, I feel that I don't get enough oxygen to my brain, I don't get in to any active participation, I lack in concentration.
Stop eating sticky foods and cold drinks are enemy of tooth it soften your enamel
Floss your teeth thrice in a week and use soft bristles toothbrush
Go for scaling of teeth twice in a year it prevents bad smell, bleeding of gums, senstivity, heart disease" healthy mouth leads to healthy heart"
Regards. Take care stay healthy.