Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sunder Pandiyan
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Sunder PandiyanYour feedback matters!
I have a eyesight problem I am not able to see anything without my spikes I would have to do to improve my eyesight.
There is puffiness below my both eyes and decreases by evening. Got blood tested and found all parameters of Kidney function rest normal. What can be the reason for this puffiness and how can it be treated. Kindly give help me.
My eye sight becoming bad day by day 1 years ago my SPH was -.25 and after some time was became -.50 and after that -1.0 and now -1.0 with cyl. -.25 My age is 21 years and 4 months what I should do.
Hi I am having a swelling kind of lump under the lower eyelid towards the inner side of my left eye. It has been a month now. It is a medium sized swelling. Please give me a remedy or medicine.
Hello dr, I am a 35yrs male, 5'7" height,72kg weight, medium body. My eye sight is weak, please tell me about white colour hair problem, more sleeping, laziness, pain in body at sleeping and risng time, not proper blood circulation, many times hand and legs become inactive. Please give solution.
I have red eyes since two months so what to do? I am using computer at work. So give me proper answer about it.
I am feeling very stress in the eye due to the spectacle. It is paining too much in the area where it is fixed on the nose. I have changed many spectacles, the light ones too, but nothing is changed. Please help me out.
I am 19 years of old . I am very sad because I am suffering from eye visual problem . It is called retinitis PIGMENTOSA . It is a genetic eye disease. Day to day my eye vision is decreasing . I am the only hope for my family . If I gone my family will also gone and I do not want to become blind bcz I have to do lot of things. For our country. I want my vision back . Is it possible ? Should I hope that I will get my vision back bcz it is very important for me and my family . I am requesting you that please help me . If you know any other kind of treatment for this please tell me . Do not ignore this because I am a middle class boy . I know that you can understand that how it is pain for my family .
Contact lenses are one of the most convenient ways to correct vision-related problems. It is easily disposable and requires least maintenance. It might have minor side effects in the form of irritations and allergies but it requires least time for adaptability. They help to correct nearsightedness and farsightedness along with astigmatism and age-related vision problems like presbyopia. Following are the benefits and harms of wearing contact lenses.
Positive effects of contact lenses
1. Better vision: Wearing contact lenses improves your vision to a great amount, especially peripheral vision. They are comfortable to wear and can correct both nearsightedness and farsightedness. They can cause discomfort initially but are more effective than glasses. Lenses are also available in bifocals and tints and can be worn for long periods of time.
2. Great for active lifestyle: Glasses can be a hindrance to sports activities and can limit your peripheral vision. Lenses on the other hand are great for an active lifestyle as they require short adaptation period. They are easy to put and take care of and do not require a lot of maintenance on your part as it needs least cleaning.
Risks of wearing contact lenses:
- Dry eyes: Dry eyes are the most common side effects of wearing contact lenses
- Infections: Contact lenses wearers are prone to infection of the cornea called keratitis. It can cause swelling, blurry vision and other problems due to lack of oxygen supply to the cornea.
- Allergic reactions: Allergic reaction to the contact lens solution can affect your vision as it causes inflammation of the eyeballs and redness. It can also cause eyelid inflammation and limit your scope of vision. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.