Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SujathaYour feedback matters!
It is recommended to use a rinse with anti-plaque properties. It helps to reduce the amount of plaque mass in your mouth at any one time. Your best bet is a rinse that contains chlorhexidine. Since such products are only available by prescription, you should ask your dentist whether one would be right for you. Some over-the-counter rinses such as Listerine has been shown to be effective in preventing plaque buildup, but they don’t work as well as those with chlorhexidine.
I'm suffering from a tooth decay and it start spreading to near by teeth. But I'm not feeling any sensitiveness on that decayed tooth. Please suggest some measures to control this and ways to make tooth lustrous.
I am worried about my gums, its more than sensitivity, I am not able to drink even a simple warm milk.
Sir, I take root canal treatment for my 2 teeth. But within one month some part of cement is disappeared and I am getting pain from that 2 teeth. Give me some tips to me to fix the problem.
There is problem in my teeth. And between my teeth is a cavity that's why sometimes it pain a lot and food is also filled into it so how am I solve this.
Is kissing and licking vagina of my wife is healthy. Secretions occurring in vagina can go in my mouth.
I am 23 year old. My front teeth are growing now. In 21 I gone for artificial bridge. I am worried now kindly help me by giving suggestion. Thank you.
There is full of water/saliva in my mouth every morning when I wake up. It has dirty smell. What is the reason behind this? How can I stop this?
My gums leave roots of teeth here is fungus tell me what I do, when I do brush pain in my gums bt I have no pairia.
Lower jaw last left teeth newly born. It was covered by skin and paining a lot since morning.Please do help
For the past 4 months my left side tooth are paining. I can't able to chew n grind food in that side. My mom saw tooth and found it not tooth-decay. Kindly provide a solution. I am afraid that if I visit Dentist they will remove the teeth. Pain is in centre portion of the teeth.
Hello Mujhe bahut thuk (spit) ata hai muh se, bar bar rah chalte ghar me kahi pe bhi aa jata hai bbar bar thuk phekta rhta hun ghar ke kone me raste pe aur kisi bhi trah ka koi smell milne se bhi thuk aa jata hai aur subha jab so kr uthte hai to munh me thuk bhara rhta hai aur munh se badbu aati hai. So please koi upay bataye.
Hi, I am 25 years old. I am suffering teeth problem. In my teeth blood coming daily. I am using sensodine teeth paste and brush also. But again blood coming between my teeth. And bad smell coming out on my teeth. What should I do?
What are tips of gums strengthening naturally Is there a treatment for pyorea. Can gums become healthier.
I am a 50 years old. Male. I am having mouth ulcer since 4 months. Biopsy done. Negative. Mild constipation. Acidity and gastric troubles.?
we have to know why they get yellow in the first place.
There are several factors
2.food and drink
A tooth is made up of 4 tissues-enamel, dentin, pulp and cementum.
The enamel and dentin is what play the biggest role in color.
two biggest culprits are the nasty food and drink that actually break down the enamel, and weakening enamel as we age.
As the enamel breaks down, it reveals the yellow dentin underneath. These remedies will focus on whitening teeth that have already lost some white enamel, but it’s also good to keep in mind that doing things to strengthen enamel is just as important so you can keep it from breaking down further.
Poor dental habits often invariably lead to complicated dental issues and hence expensive treatments. And, to maintain the general good health of your teeth, brushing is not enough. It is very important to regularly floss too.
Difference between brushing and flossing: For those who consider brushing and flossing to be similar, here is where the difference lies. While you brush your teeth, it's only the surface that gets cleaned. But the dirt that gets accumulated between the gaps of your teeth can only be cleaned by using a thin nylon thread, and that process is known as flossing. Avoiding flossing can lead to cavities and decay and also gum diseases at times.
Benefits of Flossing:
- Reduces the risk of heart diseases: Periodontal diseases, that is, diseases of the teeth, gums and mouth, can lead to heart diseases. Thus maintaining oral health can reduce the risk of any major ailments manifold. It can also help you to avoid the risk of diabetes and high body mass index.
- Cleaner breath: Flossing cleans the dirt between the teeth that gets accumulated when we eat. The accumulated food, if not taken out, starts decaying and creates bacteria and results in bad breath, leaving a bad impression.
- Cleaner and glossier teeth: Flossing regularly keeps your teeth clean and white. It also makes your teeth gleam, making your smile more attractive.
- Keeps you healthy while you are pregnant: During pregnancy, some women suffer from enamel wear and gum diseases. Thus, flossing regularly even while you are pregnant can help you maintain your dental health.
Types of dental floss:
- Waxed and unwaxed dental floss: Waxed dental floss is much smoother than the unwaxed version, and as a result, moves more easily between the teeth. On the other hand, unwaxed dental floss can be a little rough to use in the beginning.
- Teflon floss: Made of Teflon, this type of floss is extremely easy to navigate between the teeth and rarely gets stuck between teeth.
- Thread floss: This one works just like the other flosses, but is simply made of a different material, that is, nylon.
- Tape Floss: As compared to the other type of flosses, this particular floss is a little thick and is suitable for people who have wider gaps between their teeth.
You can also stick to flossing aids for maintaining proper dental hygiene. They are usually perfect for people who find the conventional forms difficult to adapt to. However, such aids may be more expensive than regular flosses.
You can also use a toothpick or an interdental brush in case you wish to avoid flossing. Just make sure that the dirt comes out, no matter which method you take up! Keep Smiling!