Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Suhas Prabhakar
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Suhas PrabhakarYour feedback matters!
Hello hi. My age is 19 years I have an eye sight problem and I have 2.4 in right and 2.5 in left eye. Is laser treatment is beneficial. For that. Is it harmful in future.
I am not getting sleep in time. My eyes are becoming red. And my hairs are getting fall how can I stop that. I am getting head ache also.
Hi, In My Fathers Eyes 2-3 Days Ago Was Dark Red. Doctor Gives Him Eye Drops And Eye Tube But No One Can Cure His Eyes Now What Will We Do. For Red Eye Right Side Eye Was Dark Red And Right One Eye Was Become Small Than Left Side Eye.
I am suffering from eye pain from two month while using computer. Tell me about your Fees because I belongs to poor family. Due to money problem may be I can not afford your fees. Please give me concession for my eye check up.
I am having yellow eyes for more than 4 days, I am having headache, my urine colour is yellow though I drink lots of water and I can eat food much this days.
Intraocular lenses (IOLs) are medicinal gadgets that are embedded inside the eye to supplant the eye's regular lens when it is evacuated during cataract surgery. IOLs additionally are utilized for a sort of vision remedy surgery called refractive lens exchange. There is quite a large range of IOLs to choose from, in the modern-day market. The most newly developed IOLs are premium by category. (Learn more about Wearing and Caring for Your Contact Lenses)
Here is a list of all the new FDA approved IOLs which are extremely effective:
- Aspheric IOLs: Conventional intraocular lenses have a spherical optical configuration, which means the front surface is consistently bended from the focal point of the lens to its fringe. Despite the fact that a spherical IOL is generally simple to make, this configuration does not copy the state of the regular lens inside the eye, which differs in curvature from focus to fringe. At the end of the day, the eye's common lens is aspheric. Mainstream aspheric IOLs that are FDA-endorsed and accessible in the U.S. include: Tecnis Aspheric, AcrySof IQ, SofPort AO, and Softec HD.
- Toric IOLs: Toric IOLs are premium intraocular lenses that correct astigmatism and also partial blindness or farsightedness. Similar to toric delicate contact lenses, toric IOLs can redress astigmatism since they have diverse forces in various meridians of the lens. They additionally have arrangement markings on the fringe part of the lens that empower the specialist to modify the introduction of the IOL inside the eye for ideal astigmatism redress. Before the cataract surgery, the specialist places transitory markings on the patient's cornea that distinguish the area of the most bended meridian of the front of the eye.
- Accommodating IOLs: Accommodating IOLs are premium intraocular lenses that grow the scope of clear vision with both an aspheric configuration and adaptable "haptics", the supporting legs that hold the IOL set up inside the eye. These adaptable legs permit the obliging IOL to push ahead somewhat when you take a gander at close protests, which builds the centering force of the eye enough to give preferred close vision over an ordinary monofocal lens.
- Multifocal IOLs; Multifocal IOL is another classification of presbyopia-revising IOL that can diminish your requirement for pursuing glasses or PC glasses after waterfall surgery.
Like multifocal contact lenses, these premium IOLs contain included amplification in various parts of the lens to grow your scope of vision so you can see things unmistakably at all separations without glasses or contact lenses.
These new intraocular lens techniques are more efficient than ever and provide successful results for your vision.
My left eye is blinking continue from last 15-20days? Can I know the reason? I here clarify that I don't believe on that astrological situation So I want to know the medical reason And how to give treatment to my eyes? This problem is only on left eye.
I am 50 years old female. Last few days I am facing severe discomfort in the eyes, eye fatigue, little blurred vision, pain in the eyes.
A cataract is defined as a clouding of lens in the eye where your vision gets blurred. A cataract affects the eyes, when light that passes through the lens prevents a clearly formed image from reaching your retina. The disease is very common and usually develops as your eyes age or due to any injury caused to the tissues that cover your eye's lens.
Types of cataracts:
- Senile Cataract: This is the commonest of all. It is age-related clouding of the lens. It can affect the near or distance vision and can also cause glare and change in glasses power.
- Secondary Cataract: It can be developed after surgery for other eye problems like glaucoma and other health conditions such as diabetes.
- Traumatic Cataract: It can develop many years later after an injury caused to your eye.
- Congenital Cataract: As the term explains, the disease may be inborn or some children might develop it at a later stage which often affects both eyes.
- Radiation Cataract: It can form after you are exposed to some form of radiation.
A cataract surgery involves the extraction or cleaning of the cloudy lens, which is then replaced by a clear artificial lens.
Why does it happen?
There are lens that lies behind our iris and pupil which act much like a camera lens. It helps concentrate light onto the retina at the back of our eye to form a sharply defined image. Besides, the lens also helps our eyes to adjust focus and allows us to see things clearly both far away and up close. The lens is composed of protein and water where the protein is arranged in a manner to keep the lens clear thereby letting light pass through it.
However, as we grow old, some of the protein starts to become thick and cloud a small lens area. This is known as a cataract. With the passage of time, it may inflate and cover more of the lens, making it difficult for us to see.
Besides, there are other causes of cataract such as smoking, addiction of alcohol, prolonged sunlight exposure, to name a few.
When should you opt for a cataract surgery?
Believe it or not, but till date no eye drop or medication has proven to reverse or prevent the formation of a cataract. If a cataract is affecting your nearsightedness or alteration in your prescription, then new prescription eyeglasses may help to better your blurred vision. However, the only treatment for a cataract is the surgical removal of your natural lens. And, most eye doctors recommend this surgery only when the problem becomes severe and starts hampering your day-to-day activities, such as studying or driving at night.