Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. SugumariYour feedback matters!
She has very much pain in her vagina during sex intercourse. Please. Suggest something. How we both enjoy sex life.
I am 33 weeks pregnant and doctor suggested me LRZIN 10 sachet. Can you please tell me the use and side effects of the medicine.
Doing sex with my partner either oral or vaginal or going back. Is it safe doing Intercourse at back (rectal) area?
Progesterone 40 Insulin pp 132.3 glucose plasma fasting 96 Glucose plasma pp 136 Free T4 1.14 Insulin fasting 14.2 TSH 3.54 Prolactin 1.2 HbA 96.7 HbA2 3.3 HBA1c 5.1 Hb 12.4 LH 8.39 FSH 6.86 Estradiol 32.5 AMH 6.89 Age 39, six months marriage conceiving problem. Kindly suggest.
My periods were delayed. Today is CD49. I had faint positive hpt. Done 2 beta hcg showing <0.1saying its negative. Consulted a doctor. Gave me cycloset dabur syrup. If I am pregnant will it effect the growth of the fetus?
Exercises like jogging give great benefits during the cold weather, provided they are done in the correct way. Jogging not only keeps you active throughout the day by increasing your energy level, but also helps you in maintaining your shape even if you consume some extra calories when the weather is relatively pleasant or colder than usual like it is during winters. Read on to find out the do’s and don’ts of jogging.
1. Wear thin and loosely woven clothing
Opt for clothes made of thin synthetic material while jogging. This is because this type of material is beneficial in absorbing the sweat from your body. Additionally, you can wear an outer layer of nylon, to ensure that you remain protected from the wind and precipitation, besides maintaining the heat balance of your body. Never wear cotton while jogging as it does not absorb sweat and leaves you with a wet feeling.
2. Cover your hands and feet properly
The heat possessed by your body escapes mostly through your hands and feet (as much as 30% of heat is released by them). So, make sure to cover your hands and feet with running gloves and socks during jogging when the cold is mild, and with mittens when the temperature further decreases. Wear wicking sock liners underneath your woollen socks to soak the moisture generated while running.
3. Maintain your regular fluids intake
Irrespective of the type of weather, your body loses fluids in the form of sweat while jogging. In addition to this, the chilly air of the winter increases the chances of dehydration. So, keep yourself hydrated during, before and after jogging by drinking enough water or sport drinks.
4. Warm up
It is necessary to stretch out a bit before jogging to wake up your tired muscles. So, before starting your daily jogging regime make sure that you get a bit of physical activity.
1. Stay in damp clothes
Getting wet from rain or sweat while jogging on a cold day, increases your chances of developing hypothermia by decreasing the body temperature further. Immediately change your clothes if they are wet and turn on your heater to warm yourself.
Never dress in a way that makes you feel warm and comfortable before starting to jog. This is going to make you feel warmer as your movements increase, and in turn results in more sweating or discomfort.
3. Forget to cover your head
It may be an astonishing fact, but your body actually loses 40% of its heat through the head. So, never make the mistake of leaving your head bare before stepping outside to jog in the winter. You can wear a hat, woollen cap or a scarf during this time to protect your head.
CAUTION: Jogging at a slower pace is a low impact exercise as compared to running. Research has shown that jogging at slow speed is better than running because of lower impact on foot, ankle, knee and hip joints. However if you have any medical conditions then you should discuss with your medical practitioner to know if jogging is safe for you.
I am a mother of 2 years daughter. My daughter still take breastfeed. Can you please suggest me is there any harm in that or is it will effect my or my child's body. And how to stop this. Is their is any medicine by which my daughter stops breastfeed?
Viral Hepatitis can invade the body and attack the liver systems. It has five different types, Hepatitis A, B, C, D and E. While hepatitis can be treated, it is best to prevent it in the first place.
Here are some simple, easy to follow tips that can prevent hepatitis from spreading.
1) Know how it spreads - Hepatitis can pass from individual to individual or through blood, body fluids, infected faeces. Contaminated food and water can also cause hepatitis. Hepatitis B, C and D in particular spread through contact with infected blood.
2) Get Vaccinations - Immunization can help you protect yourself against Hepatitis A and B. Vaccinations for Hepatitis C, D or E aren’t available. But Hepatitis C can be cured with anti-viral medications. For Hepatitis D, the infected person needs to get Hepatitis B to survive.
3) Avoid Sharing Personal Items - Don’t share as it is a high-risk behaviour for Hepatitis. Be sure that needles for body piercings, acupuncture and tattooing are safe and disposable to avoid the risk of contamination.
4) Avoid Sharing Grooming Items- If you are living with someone who has or is at risk of Hepatitis, make sure that you avoid sharing grooming items as undetectable quantities of blood or other bodily fluids on razors and toothbrushes can lead to spread of virus.
5) Alcohol and Drugs - Hepatitis is a high risk among people who use excessive alcohol and over the counter medications. Liver inflammation and liver damage puts individual at risk of contracting Hepatitis and therefore, alcohol or prescription drugs and herbal supplements must be avoided and taken only after physician’s consultation.
6) When Travelling- Avoid eating raw fruits, vegetables and raw shellfish, avoid eating at unhygienic places, brush teeth and rinse mouth with clean water, avoid iced drinks or adding ice to the drinks while traveling to avoid contracting the condition.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
Your genes may be the most common triggers of hair fall, but in certain cases hair fall can be triggered by a host of other reasons you wouldn’t have thought about. Sometimes these reasons can range from being simple and temporary (lack of essential nutrients in your diet for example) to something more complex and indicative of an underlying health problem. Read on...
1. Brushing wet hair
Detangling wet hair (easy at it may seem) is probably one of the most common triggers of hair fall. Wet hair is extremely delicate, and brushing wet hair causes the strands to break, leading to excessive hair fall. Repeatedly doing so can cause your hair to become thinner over time, which may result in visibly less hair on your scalp.
2. Food poisoning
Food poisoning can cause an abnormality in your blood circulation, which, as a result, can lead your hair to prematurely enter into a shedding phase. The hair loss that takes place due to this reason is known as ‘diffuse hair loss.’ This type of hair loss usually lasts for a period of 3 months, after which, the hair follicles are replaced by new ones. Hair fall caused by food poisoning is only temporary, and is corrected on its own with time.
3. Car crashes or any other traumatic events
When you go through a car crash or any other traumatic incidence for that matter (divorce, death in the family etc), you may experience an extreme form of shock. This can lead to the development of small bald patches on your head, which is known as Telogen Effluvium. Usually, trauma triggers an autoimmune reaction, because of which the white blood cells attack the hair bulb. This causes the hair bulb to enter into the resting phase, which leads to mildly painful hair loss in particular patches. This type of hair fall is reversible.
4. Food allergies
Different foods (such as dairy, wheat, soy etc) can cause allergies in different people. Such an allergic reaction can cause your immune system to react violently, consequently making your immune system send signals throughout your body to ward off attacks. This, in very rare cases, can give rise to the condition of Alopecia Areata, as your immune system detects the growth of your hair as foreign attack and sends off signals to destroy hair follicles. This type of hair fall ceases once you stop consuming food(s) you’re allergic to.
5. General Anaesthesia and Surgery
Hair fall triggered by general anaesthesia and a major surgery usually shows up 3 months after the surgery has taken place. The combination of general anaesthesia and a major surgery can put your body under heavy physical stress, which can cause alterations in the life cycles of the hairs on your scalp, consequently leading to excessive hair fall. Hair fall caused by this reason is temporary too, and usually your hair will grow back over time.
Now that you know about the possible triggers of hair fall, you may be in a better position to control your condition and prevent your hair from falling out.
I am 21 years old. I took contraceptive pill and after a week I bleed for 2 days (not a normal period. So when will my period start? if I miss it does it mean I'm pregnant? I have no symptoms like cramps nausea or vomiting.
Hi sir I'm 19 and I'm join with foreplay with my boy friend regularly 2 to 3 times per day, after 1 month of foreplay my period date is missing, foreplay causes pregnant? Please tell me sir urgent, we enjoy foreplay equal to real sex so please tell me.
Helo doctor I want to when would be my ovulation time this month. Last period starts on 23 april and stays for 3 days with less volume. How to predict ovulation through kit and where it would be available with what name.
If Any Lady can get pregnant after sex and after that she's period get started? And what is the reason behind period date is delayed ?
"I don't have time" is one of the most common excuses heard for living an unhealthy lifestyle. When you're working at a full time job, it is often easier to order in from a restaurant and spend the evening watching television to 'cool off' instead of cooking a healthy meal and hitting the gym. However, a busy lifestyle does not necessarily need to be unhealthy. Here are a few simple tips to live a healthier life.
- Cook one pot meals: Cooking doesn't have to be complicated. Experiment with your microwave settings and recipes to find quick meals that can be made in under a minute like quiche in a mug or steamed salmon. Making pasta can be as easy as putting all the ingredients in together into a pot and letting them cook. Find recipes that require minimal grocery shopping and preparation.
- Take the stairs: Elevators are definitely a convenience and cannot be avoided if your office or home is on the 10th floor. To balance convenience and health, get off the elevator a floor or two below yours and climb up the remaining stairs. Obviously working up a sweat by climbing stairs at the beginning of your day at work isn't a good idea so time your stair climbs at the end of the day or when a shower is nearby.
- Avoid snacking: Eat proper meals instead of mindlessly snacking through the day. Keeping a food diary can help you recognize your eating habits and rectify them. If three meals a day does not satiate your hunger, break your meals into smaller portions eaten at more frequent intervals. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and should never be skipped.
- Drink plenty of water: Often we snack not because we're hungry but because the body is dehydrated. Water can also boost your energy levels and aid digestion. However, avoid filling your stomach with water before a meal to make you eat less. This can hinder your digestion process and keep your body from receiving its necessary nutrients.
- Cut back on packaged foods: Packaged food is never really all that good for you. In most cases, it is loaded with sugar, sodium, preservatives and artificial flavouring. If you cannot avoid packaged food, pick the one with minimal ingredients.
- Interval training: Spending an hour at the gym is not the only way to exercise. If you cannot find time for a full workout, try interval training. Get off the couch during intervals while watching your favourite soap or take a quick five minute break from your desk to exercise. Regular exercise will also help you sleep better and make you wake up feeling refreshed.