Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SudhasreeYour feedback matters!
Is it possible a girl is virgin less from birth? If no then what makes virgin less without doing sex? Or how to conform that a girl is virgin or not?
Winter is the time when people cherish food for several reasons, be it the seasonal availability of certain food items and their unique flavor, color, taste, etc. Also, during winters we need to add food that warm us and helps to build immunity to fight against common cold, cough and flu.
This season brings with it hearty winter greens like palak, methi, sarson, muli and high energy and protein grains like Bajra and makki which are loaded with warmth giving quality.
All this calls for higher intake of food leading to more calorie intake than usual. Here are some winter foods with high nutritional value coming in a low calorie package.
1. Methi leaves: In winters, methi leaves are available in abundance and are fresh. It is an excellent source of folate, vitamin A, B6, C, and K. It is excellent in boosting immunity during the winter months. Methi instantly increases body heat which is perfect for cold days. Methi also helps in lowering the cholesterol and control diabetes. It can be consumed in many ways either make a parantha out of it or a subzi, its goodness remains there.
2. Citrus fruits: Citrus fruits especially orange and grapefruit are at their juiciest in the wintertime. Loaded with vitamin C. Citrus fruits are also rich in flavonoids, which are known to boost ‘good’ HDL cholesterol and lowering “bad” LDL cholesterol and triglycerides.
3. Carrot: It is the “powerfood” of winters, packed with vitamins and minerals like vitamin A, C, K, and B8, beta carotene, folate, potassium, iron, copper, and manganese. Good for vision as it is a good source of vitamin A. Pectin present in it lowers the cholesterol levels. Carrots are known to possess anti cancer properties. Try to have a glass of carrot juice daily.
4. Hot soups: Nothing is better than a bowl of hot soup during chilly winters. Less in calories, higher in nutrients, satisfies the taste buds, provides heat to your body. What else can be a better appetizer than even a simple tomato soup or chicken soup.
5. Ginger: Ginger acts as an antioxidant. It makes your immune system strong. It is an excellent remedy against cold and flu especially when taken with honey. It boosts the metabolism and keeps the body warm. A hot cup of ginger tea is the best way to protect from winter chills.
Let’s gives this winter a healthy break by adding above mentioned foods in our diet
I am 23 year old got enged I might my would be last night by mistake we had sex with condoms I released the sperm outside, her periods are going to start within 2 days will there be any problem for the pregnancy.
Sir, Me and my wife love to do anal sex and it she feels lot of pain as she is shouting more also ask me not to stop or do more is it dangerous for her and me.
I am 30 years old female I have thyroid problem I am used thyronorm tablets. Main problem is irregular period and heavy flow I consult many doctors but no use. please give me solution for my problem. My weight is 63 doctor suggests me lose the weight ok but my body is ok my stomach is belly I got two c -sections .i want to reduce my belly stomach. please what can I do now.
Common Cause of Infertility in Females
- One of the two ovaries releases a mature egg.
- The egg is picked up by the fallopian tube.
- Sperm swim up the cervix, through the uterus and into the fallopian tube to reach the egg for fertilization.
- The fertilized egg travels down the fallopian tube to the uterus.
- The fertilized egg implants and grows in the uterus.
In women, a number of factors can disrupt this process at any step. Female infertility is caused by one or more of these factors.
Ovulation disorders, meaning you ovulate infrequently or not at all, account for infertility in about 25 percent of infertile couples. These can be caused by flaws in the regulation of reproductive hormones by the hypothalamus or the pituitary gland, or by problems in the ovary itself.
- Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS).In PCOS, complex changes occur in the hypothalamus, pituitary gland and ovaries, resulting in a hormone imbalance, which affects ovulation. PCOS is associated with insulin resistance and obesity, abnormal hair growth on the face or body, and acne. It’s the most common cause of female infertility.
- Hypothalamic dysfunction.The two hormones responsible for stimulating ovulation each month — follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) and luteinizing hormone (LH) — are produced by the pituitary gland in a specific pattern during the menstrual cycle. Excess physical or emotional stress, a very high or very low body weight, or a recent substantial weight gain or loss can disrupt this pattern and affect ovulation. The main sign of this problem is irregular or absent periods.
- Premature ovarian insufficiency.This disorder is usually caused by an autoimmune response where your body mistakenly attacks ovarian tissues or by premature loss of eggs from your ovary due to genetic problems or environmental insults such as chemotherapy. It results in the loss of the ability to produce eggs by the ovary, as well as a decreased estrogen production under the age of 40.
- Too much prolactin.Less commonly, the pituitary gland can cause excess production of prolactin (hyperprolactinemia), which reduces estrogen production and may cause infertility. Most commonly this is due to a problem in the pituitary gland, but it can also be related to medications you’re taking for another disease.
My wife suffering, small sand like bubble appeared inside and outer side of vagina. Itching is there. Please help.
Sir my wife is first day period but very very less flow there is any tension if this region but period date is actual time every 36 cycle any problem please help.
My wife is 6 weeks pregnant. Some ANMs from the primary health Centre visited our house and gave her a tetanus shot in this week. When I consulted a doctor about this he said that they recommend tetanus shot after 12 weeks. As of now my wife has already taken the shot, how could it affect the unborn baby?
Do you think if a female orgasms first before the guy, then she lowers her chances of getting pregnant.Please tell.
Hello doctor, I have a major question actually I'm going to my college iv n I didn't get my period yet I want that just come now as much as possible before 19th Dec. please help me what to do? Do I eat any tablet for this?
The Rubella infection occur after 15 week of pregnancy. If Foetus not infected then rubella IgM TITRE increases or decreases? How many days after Rubella IgM TITRE diminished? If Foetus infected then rubella IgM TITRE increases or decreases? How many days after Rubella IgM TITRE diminished? Pls give answer of above questions separately.
Hi I am pregnant 6 week n 1 day ki pregnancy he muje. Pr 2 days se muje blinding ho rhi he. Esa ku? Kya Mera abortion hoga?
i am 38 years .periods stopped or veryless.,but i am putting weight,joint pains,brest pain and other minor problems are there.please advice me
Hi doctor I'm 26 my wife 22 both r do sex first time. I insert penis to her vagina she get hurt and cried after later she have pain and irritated when urinate. Is there any problem Note: we get into relationships in 5th day of her period.
It is a common misbelief that eating home cooked food is the healthiest option. Whenever, we plan to eat out, there is always a question lingering about the cleanliness of the hotel’s kitchen. We need to realize that it is not just the hotel, but our own kitchen should also be taken care of.
Listed below are some commonly overlooked things that could be contributing to your health in a bad way. With kitchen shopping continuing through the years, there are unused and/or overused things, both of which are harmful. Read on to know more.
- Overused utensils: In most homes, the cooking vessels turn brown over a period of time. This happens, especially in metallic ones like aluminium. It is due to leftover food and is a breeding ground for germs. Leaving the vessels for a later wash can lead to these stains getting tougher and the vessel taking on a permanent brownish color. A good way to manage this is to clean the vessels as soon as possible.
- Stained mugs and cups: It is a common belief that tea cups will stain over a period of use, which is not true. In some cases, the hard water has high concentration of calcium carbonate, which mixes with the tea and lead to altered bowel movement and improper digestion. The best way to manage this is to mix vinegar and baking soda and remove the stains.
- Chopping board: First things first. Never use the same chopping board for your meat and your veggies. The germs from the uncooked meat affect the vegetables also. As the bacteria continues to grow, in about 10 minutes, there will be double the number of bacteria that will affect the vegetables.
- Chipped melamine dishware: While the melamine kitchenware is unbreakable, do not use them at high temperatures. This can cause it to chip and melamine leaks into the food, causing kidney stones and renal failure. A good way to avoid this risk is not to heat food in the melamine dishes.
- Non-stick cookware: While nonstick ware helps reduce the amount of oil used, constant use erodes the coating and slowly the chemical is leaked, which can add carcinogenic elements into your dosa or roti. This can cause liver and stomach problems with continued use.
- Coffee makers: The reservoir in the coffee makers hoards a whole lot of bacteria and can cause various diseases. Thorough cleaning with hot water can help you keep it clean.
These are some of the common ways your kitchen can affect your health, there are definitely more. So, keep your kitchen clean for a healthier life. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.