Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. SudharshanYour feedback matters!
Mereko naak m kaan m ankh m khujli hoti h or khashi atti h, mje kya diet leni chahiye Jo y thik ho jaye.
I am 34 years old male, I am suffering from Thyroid from 1.5 years (TSH Low and T3 high) now I got swelling under eyes & some bags also. Do I need to worry about this.
I have eye floaters in both eye since 15 days I also went to eye specialist for retina examines but there is no defect, so should I worried about retina detachment. If possibilities of detachment how much maximum time it take for detach.
I've been experiencing pain in my left eye for just over a week I am a little concerned but not sure when I should see a doctor about it. The pain feels like a dull headache with pressure, it also been pretty bloodshot, it hurts to move up/down or blink and, has been sensitive to light.
Sir . I have one operated eye which have very poor vision and the other one have power 0.5D which is good. How can I improve my poor eye vision in regular habits.
I have headache sometimes. I'm wearing glasses because of short site. The power is only -0.25 and it's right eye.
What type of blood test suits for me if I have PE, ED, Thin Sperm, looking aged, hair lose, weak body, pimple problem, gaining fat, hair white, gaining weight, weak eye sight. Thanks.
Last few I am faced my eyes problem. Very difficult to see far away thing. Please help me sir. And tear come down from my face when I frocely study something.
My mother is 40 year old she have sugar problem and. Recently in ultrasonic she. Have tumor.in uterus doctor said we have to do uterus removal operation for that but in normal sugar . So my question is can. Operation be done using insulin or we have go through laser treatment where d treatment is good for this in varanasi.
I have 3 questions My thyroid hormone has increased from normal limit. Doctors say to have a tablet for whole life. Pl suggest me Ayurveda treatment for this. treatment for high cholesterol Treatment for Good Eye sight.
I Hv eye problem if I continuously study or read thn water wll start pouring frm my eyes. Wt is the reason behind it.
Hello sir when I go outside my eyes got red and nose is always closed I use rainoset medicine please tell me but I do now.
My sis have a red eye problem since 2 months. We consult with doctor Dr. but he said its normal plss tell me about this.
I am 55 yrs old I have a problem with my eyes, the vitreous is detaching so the are a lot of floaters. Can you help? I am suffering from sciatica for the last year, I also have oedema on my right arm due to removal of nodes as I had breast cancer, there is a water retention on my whole body. My husband who is 61 suffers from chronic cold Can you please advise?
This is a condition which can be caused in the delicate folds of the skin over the eye called the eyelid. The eyelids usually protect us from extreme light, and the entrance of other debris as well as against injuries to the delicate interiors of the eyes. The eyelid may get irritated or experience varied sensations like prickling, burning or itching, with a dull ache or sharp pain due to many reasons. This discomfort and irritation is usually caused by inflammation. Let us learn more about this condition.
- Eyelid Inflammation: Blepharitis or eye inflammation is a condition that causes eyelid irritation because of allergic reactions as well as infections, dandruff in the eyelashes and eyebrows, pollutants and varied other causes. Also, poor hygiene can lead to the growth of eyelash lice which can also enter the eyes and lead to inflammation and irritation of the eyelids. A malfunctioning oil gland can also cause this kind of problem along with side effects of certain kinds of medication.
- Types of Inflammation: This condition can be of two types :- anterior and posterior. Anterior eye inflammation causes irritation in that part of the eyelids which are outside the eyes where the eyelashes are situated. Dandruff and allergic reactions can also cause this kind of irritation. Posterior eyelid inflammation is a condition that can be found in the inner rims and corners of the eyes where malfunctioning oil glands found in the follicles of the eyelashes can cause this problem leading to blurry or cloudy vision as well.
- Symptoms: Apart from irritation and not being able to close the eyes properly, there are many other symptoms of this condition. These symptoms include sensitivity to glares of light, oily eyelids, burning and itching sensation, and a feeling that some particles have entered your eyes and formed a crust on your eyelashes.
- Checking for an Infection: Many of these symptoms can point at the presence of an infection, especially when accompanied by fever and headaches. Yet, irritation can also just be a cause of simple inflammation or due to the entry of a foreign body into the eye. Still, it is always best to get the symptoms checked by an ophthalmologist who will conduct a detailed eye exam along with lab tests based on blood samples in order to ensure that there is no bacterium or virus infecting the body.
- Treatment: Steroids and antibiotics will be used only when there is an infection. As a home remedy for this condition, you can apply a warm wash cloth and clean your eyes frequently.
Talk to your doctor about potential complications of this irritation like eyelash loss.