Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Subashini
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SubashiniYour feedback matters!
My son is 7 years old was complaining of pain in back and abdomen since 2-3 months, but not continue pain it lasts for 45-60 minutes and then stops All his tests are done usg is normal cbc is normal the lft shows sgpt /sgot increased to 377/164 ,alk phos negative hav and hbsas negative and serum lipase is 157 please advice abdominal pain occurs due to increase kn SGPT what may be the reasons of increase if SGPT & SGOT and shall we go for further investigations?
My son is 4 month old. (birth weight is 2.75) his weight is 5.75 kg. Head circumference is 40 cm. Is it normal? Having mothers milk only. When will I start semi solid foods?
The appearance of the milk teeth is one of the most awaited landmarks in a child's life. The first teeth to erupt are usually the lower front teeth during 6 to 8 months of life, and the last milk tooth to fall off is at 12 to 14 years of age. The playful nature of teeth, difficulty to make them maintain good oral hygiene, and the food habits put the children at increased risk of dental disease.
Very often, because they are in place for a shorter duration, parents tend to ignore decay in the milk teeth. But whether it is decay or gum disease or broken teeth, it is important to immediately treat them.
Listed below are some functions that milk teeth play:
- Eating: They may be exerting slightly lesser force than the bigger permanent teeth, but they still play a significant role in chewing and digestion. Children with weak, missing, or decayed molars have poor nutrition and food habits due to their inability to chew food well.
- Esthetics: A child with a good set of teeth and an open smile is loved by all. This adds not just to the beauty of the child but also to his self-worth and self-esteem. These children feel more confident and are more social.
- Speech development: A good set of teeth are essential for the child's speech development. Improper spacing between teeth or lost tooth not replaced can lead to speech issues.
- Space Maintenance: In addition to the above functions, the milk teeth also help to preserve and "maintain" the space that is required for the permanent teeth. As the permanent tooth nears eruption, the milk tooth, gets resorbed, becomes mobile, and finally falls off. In cases where the primary tooth was lost and not replaced, the space may be reduced due to movement of the adjacent and opposing tooth into this space.
Given the above reasons, it is very important to take good care of the primary or milk or deciduous teeth. Some simple things to do would be:
- In the very early stages, before regular dental care can begin, the teeth can be wiped off with a gauze wrapped on the finger.
- By the first year of life, brushing should be introduced along with rinsing after each meal.
- A biannual visit to the dentist for oral prophylaxis with regular cleaning should be started by first year of life.
- If the dentist identifies the child to be prone to decay, fluoride application and/or pit and fissure sealants should be used.
These are sufficient reasons to take care of the primary teeth, which play a very important role. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dentist.
My son has 3.5 years but he is not speaking even single word like amma naana also He can hear but he cannot observe others.
My baby is now six month. I dint gave any food to him. Other than milk. What should I give for my baby.
Health considerations when bottle-feeding
If you decide not to breastfeed, or are unable to breastfeed, commercial iron-fortified formulas can give your baby the nutrition he or she needs. Infant formulas have the right amounts of protein, calories, fat, vitamins, and minerals for growth. However, formula does not contain the immune factors that are in breastmilk. The immune factors in breastmilk help prevent infections and other health conditions throughout a baby's life.
Infants who take enough iron-fortified infant formula usually don’t need vitamin and mineral supplements. However, the American Academy of Pediatrics recommends vitamin D supplementation for all babies drinking formula until they are drinking at least 32 ounces a day. Fluoride supplements are recommended for babies whose primary water supply is not fluoridated. Check with your baby's healthcare provider about vitamin D and fluoride supplements.
Types of infant formula
Cow's milk-based formula. Most infants should be able to tolerate a standard cow's milk formula. Cow's milk formulas are modified to be closer to human milk. These formulas have lactose as the carbohydrate (sugar) source. They are available in ready-to-feed cans, liquid concentrate, and powder. Regular cow's milk is not an appropriate source of nutrition for a human baby.
Soy-based or lactose-free formulas. These formulas are used if an infant can’t tolerate lactose, which is rarely a significant problem in babies. They don’t contain lactose as the sugar source. As many as 50% of all infants who are allergic to cow's milk formula will also be allergic to soy-based formulas. Talk with your baby's healthcare provider before changing formulas. Vegetarian parents may prefer soy-based formulas. But they should be aware that breastfeeding is still the best option.
Specialized formulas. There are special formulas for babies who are premature or who have certain rare disorders or diseases. These formulas may have special directions for use. They are prescribed by the baby's healthcare provider.
Hydrolyzed formulas. Hydrolyzed formulas are easier to digest. They may be used in babies at risk for allergies. They are more expensive than regular formulas. Talk with your baby's healthcare provider before using these formulas.
Low iron formulas. These formulas are not recommended.
Helpful hints for feeding your baby
Breastmilk only is the ideal feeding for at least 6 months. This means no water, sugar water, or formula.
Wait until breastfeeding is well established before giving your baby breastmilk in a bottle.
Working mothers can use a breast pump on break time and refrigerate or freeze the milk for later use as a bottle-feeding. Refrigerated breastmilk should be used within 24 hours after pumping. Frozen breastmilk is good for several months in the freezer. Fathers and other family members can be involved in feeding time if breastmilk is offered from a bottle occasionally.
Offer cow's milk-based formula with iron as first choice of formula if not breastfeeding.
Keep your baby on breastmilk or baby formula until he or she is 1 year old. After this time, you may switch to whole milk. Children under 2 years old should not drink skim or low-fat milk.
It’s important to follow the formula preparation directions exactly as directed on the packaging. Using too much water can result in poor weight gain. It's also important to discuss your water supply with your child's healthcare provider. In some areas, water must be boiled first, or bottled water should be used.
Bottles should never be propped up.
Babies should never be put to sleep with a bottle. This can cause cavities to develop.
All babies, whether breast or bottle fed, should be offered a feeding whenever they show signs of hunger.
Sir/Mam My child is 4 and half year old and his weight is about 40 kg. He is active as well as a sharp minded personality. His height is 4 feet. My question is "is his growth is normal or he is overweighted. If overweighted please suggest me doctor in patna or muzaffarpur.
I am a new mommy of 43 days old baby girl. I breastfeed my baby daily but there is a lack of milk some times. At that time as per doctor's suggestion powder milk is giving to her. But today her stool is seen as green in colour. Is some thing wrong with her? As a new mom an in tension with this. What may be the reason for that green colour? Did I get in to a hospital soon with my baby?
She has 16 month old now. But all physically developments late. I mean physically well. But they happened few day ya month later. Can you help me?
Adenoids refer to the mass of lymphatic tissue situated at the intersection of the back of the nose and throat. They are a part of the body's immune system and play a noteworthy part in battling infections in kids. Adenoids fight off the microbes and infection that enter the body through the nose. They typically occur in children of five to seven years of age and from that point, they begin to decrease. They vanish when the child gets older. This is the physiological development and relapse of the adenoids. However, permanent adenoids are an issue in view of a number of annoying symptoms they show in a child. The major among these are breathing through the mouth and wheezing because of nasal blockage.
Homeopathic medicines are a very safe option than surgery in kids with extended adenoids. It has been noted that adenoids, when surgically removed, tend to regrow. Homeopathic medicines focus on strengthening the child’s immune system. The cures are as follows:
- Baryta Carb: Baryta Carb is one of the top recorded homeopathic medications for swollen adenoids. It is likewise the medicine to endorse where both tonsils and adenoids are broadened. The child feels sensitive to ice in extremes. The tiniest exposure to icy air causes cough. Cough also shows up at the slightest change in climate. Sneezing and thick yellow nasal release may be seen. Pain in the throat increases on gulping.
- Calcarea Carb: Calcarea Carb is another brilliant homeopathic medicine for amplified adenoids with the tendency to get infected. Calcarea Carb will be recommended where the youngster is exceptionally helpless to cold and falls sick after each such introduction. This weak immune system for diseases brings about broadened adenoids or tonsils.
- Agraphis Nutans and Merc Sol: Agraphis Nutans and Merc Sol are extremely helpful homeopathic medicines for treating ear grumblings because of expanded adenoids. Agraphis Nutans is the best treatment for deafness because of expanded adenoids. Homeopathic prescription Merc Sol is highly used in case of an ear infection connected with swollen adenoids.
- Kali Sulphuricum: Kali Sulphuricum is among one of the top recorded homeopathic solutions for adenoids that regrow after surgery. The symptoms controlling utilisation of Kali Sulphuricum are a blocked nose, mouth breathing and wheezing. Yellow coloured nasal release is also common.
- Ammonium Carb and Sambucus Nigra: Ammonium Carb and Sambucus Nigra are incredibly helpful homeopathic medicines for developed adenoids. A youngster that needs these drugs will have an increased nasal blockage. The nasal hindrance is most set apart around evening time. Breathing through the mouth because of a blocked nose is also very common. Ammonium Carb is likewise used for a seeping nose, particularly in the morning. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.