Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. SubashYour feedback matters!
Hi. I'm 37 weeks 5 days pregnant. Yesterday night I had a three times mild diarrhea. Some people says that it will be the early symptoms of labor. But I didn't get any pain. Should I worried about this or is this is normal?
My husband is 40 years old and having fatty liver since 5years. Also bilirubin level is 1.3. Could he takes double toned milk once daily.
One of the most severe illnesses included in the larger group of diseases, is known as inflammatory bowel disease (IBD). Crohn's disease is typically a long-lasting, chronic condition. The intestine or bowel, most commonly the colon and the lower part of the small intestine, are either marked by sores or get inflamed and ulcerated. It is a common occurrence in adolescents and in young adults.
Types : Crohn's disease is subdivided into five types, each having its own set of symptoms:
- Ileocolitis: The most common type, it affects the colon and the ileum and results in considerable weight loss as well as diarrhea and cramps.
- Gastroduodenal Crohn's disease: People who suffer from this type of disease have their stomach and duodenum affected and many experience symptoms like nausea, loss of appetite and weight loss.
- Crohn's Colitis: This involves only the stomach, and can cause joint pains, rectal bleeding, skin lesions and diarrheas.
- Ileitis: This type of Crohn's disease affects the ileum and the symptoms are identical to those of ileocolitis.
- Jejunoileitis: In this type, the jejunum gets affected and general symptoms include the formation of fistulas, diarrhea, intensive back pain as well as areas of inflammation.
Causes: Although there are many theories about what causes Crohn's disease, none of them have been proven. However, there have been a few possible causes which have been identified. These include:
- Immune system problems
- Genetic disorders
- Environmental factors, such as: a) Certain edibles, b) Viruses or harmful bacteria, c) Smoke.
Symptoms: The primary symptoms of Crohn's disease include the following:
- Diarrhea: Diarrhea is a common problem for people with Crohn's disease and can occur for about 10 to 20 times a day in severe cases.
- Blood in your stool: In rare cases, you might notice blood in the toilet bowl or darker blood mixed with your stool.
- Fever and fatigue: In more intense cases, you may develop a fever. You may also feel tired or have low energy.
- Abdominal pain and cramping: You may experience anything from slight discomfort to severe cramping and intermittent belly pain, including nausea and vomiting.
- Anemia: Due to a reduction in iron level caused by bloody stools a person can turn anemic.
- Reduced appetite and weight loss: Abdominal pain and cramping can affect both your appetite and your ability to digest food, which leads to severe weight loss.
- Perianal disease: Erratic appearance of small tears in the anus are called anal fissures.
Hi. Doctors, My problem is gastric problem. I already consult to a doctor. Now I am using tablets. There is so many side effects I see. Leg feet's dry and hands also dry. And middle back pain. I think blood circulation is not proper in my body. Have any parts damage in stomach? Please support me.
Upper abdomen pain not able to sleep flatly and getting chest tightness. Taken ecg result is normal and endoscopy result is gastritis. I doctor prescribed pantakind, pantocid, omeprazole. Nothing has been git remedy. Please suggest me.
I got pain when I don't go for toilet for few minutes on left side of my body. I feel frustrated all days because I don't know there is something happened on my left part of stomach.(moving like gas or other. And sometimes or day I did not realise this & goes normally.
Hi doc, I am 28 years of age and am facing a typical stretchy and swelled feeling towards the right side of my stomach. A little food feels full. What can it be. Please guide. I used to face gastric trouble very frequently . Bt after my child's birth it became very rare. Please help.
My acidity prblm increases in evening time at high level and I feel vry frustrated. My legs also starts aching.
I have been suffering from ibs for last few years. But not fully cured. All treatment are failed. What to do? Is it possible to recover?
Sir my uncle facing severe burping problem during whole day since 6 months, no other problem (no discomfort, no abdo pain, no fever. Already consults with 2-3 doctors but no relief yet.
I have suffering from blood stool whenever I am eating spicy food or taking alcohol. What kind of symptoms these are?
Can I know that I am suffering lower abdomen pain or muscle pain in the area which joins leg from stomach is it due to sex that I had done 4 days ago or due to stone ? seriously I am not sure that its a muscle pain or something else like urinary path pain ? So please help . But I have 4,7 mm stone I am sure regarding that .
I am experiencing gas problem since last 6 month, due to this stomach got heavy and heart burn problem occur 1. Is heart burn is this dangerous to heart? 2. Please suggest what I do for this, I have also consult too many doctors but problem is still same.
I suffer from gastritis and it is very painful sometimes I can't seem to do anything about it. Can you please suggest some type of remedy for it.
Madam, I want to reduce my weight, I consulted nutritionist and taken diet by avoiding rice and taking chapati and brisk walk etc inspire of food control and walking my weight is not reduced. I have a habit of taking tea/coffee. I am 34 years old, height 5.7 and weight 85 KGS, my both parents are diabetic as I am working in a financial industry stress is a quite common factor, which can not be avoidable. I like to eat more food, always I feel my tummy is full and indigestion, I am having gastritis and no proper sleep during night time.
• Drink 1 – 2 glasses of lukewarm water early morning to stay healthy and acidity free. Drink more and more water. It is one of the easy Home Remedies to beat acidity. Have a habit to drink warm water after meal at night which helps in proper digestion.
• Coconut water is an effective means for acidity and soothe your digestive system.
• Eat carbohydrate rich food like rice ,which is easy to digest without any acid formation.
• Banana, watermelon and cucumber aid your digestion and good for curing acidity. So, use it in your diet.
• Vegetables like sweet potatoes ,carrot and beet root are effective in fighting acidity. Vegetables such as drumsticks, beans, pumpkin and carrot give you relief from acidity.
• Have dinner two to three hours before sleep, it would ensure food is digested completely and keep you healthy.
• Eat some almonds after every meal, every snack, every time you ingest something basically. Nuts do something to seemingly neutralize the juices in your stomach, relieving and preventing some instances of heartburn.
• Chewing on five to six tulsi leaves when you suffer from acidity is a great way to beat the discomfort you feel.
• Simply chewing on a few saunf seeds can help reduce the symptoms of acidity, as a long term remedy, boil a few seeds in water and leave overnight, drink this water during the day when you feel uneasy.
• Have one teaspoon of amla powder twice a day to help keep acidity at bay.
• Take a probiotic supplement. Probiotics are mixtures of "good" bacteria normally found in your gut.
• Use of honey and water before meals fights acidity.
• You can take cold cow milk before going to bed at night to cure acidity.
• You can chew piece of jaggery after every meal. Potassium present in the jaggery help to balance the stomach acid. Diabetes patients should not take jaggery.
• Sucking ginger is also very beneficial to neutralize stomach acid.
• Exercise daily. Yoga is the best exercise for acidity to cure and reduce it naturally.
• For instant relief from acidity, one should use Jaggery, banana, and yogurt.
• Clove: One piece of clove (laung or lavang) if kept in the mouth for some time can help in reducing acidity. Clove juice that goes into the system with saliva eases the abdomen and stomach greatly.
• Don’t eat fried and oily food.
• Avoid intake of coffee ,tea and soft drinks.
• Avoid eating citrus fruits ,such as sweet lime and oranges , as they have high acid content.
• Stop smoking and limit your intake of alcohol as both can damage the sphincter and cause acid reflux.
• Avoid late nights ,as inadequate sleep can lead to severe acidity.
• Avoid going to bed immediately after having dinner.
• Do not wear tight clothes and lose weight if you are obese. Yoga and meditation can help lessen stress and reduce heartburn.
• Activities that put too much pressure on the stomach and cause acid reflux, such as bending; lifting heavy objects, straining, and coughing should be reduced as well.