Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Subash
Submit a review for Dr. SubashYour feedback matters!
I had severe stomach prob from yesterday onwards. I feel like vomiting. My stomach was always like full and gas formed. How I resolve this?
Hi I am 22 years I have runny stool with stomach sound in empty stomach, and I have nose congestion and chest muscle pain and hard to breath, when I do running in evening my congested nose open again it get congested at night morning and daytime. I even have small depression going to doctors does not help me too much what shall I do to have good breath and healthy body.
Excessive secretion of stomach acids brings about the problem of acidity with heartburn and dyspepsia being its common symptoms. There are foods as well as home remedies that can help you to get rid of this problem.
Some of them are:
1. Bananas - Being an excellent source of potassium, this fruit helps to keep acid production in balance. Moreover, certain elements in bananas aid in increasing the production of stomach mucus that helps to protect the organ from adverse effects of excessive acid production. Even its high fiber content promotes digestion, preventing the occurrence of acidity once again.
2. Ginger - Consuming ginger can help to bring about a significant improvement in digestion, superior absorption as well as proper assimilation of important nutrients. This root is helpful in protecting your body from stomach ulcers by enabling mucus production, thereby decreasing the negative effects of acid on the stomach.
3. Melons - Melons are also extremely good for fighting acidity. They have a pH of 6.1 and can be had as whole or as fruit juice. Whether it is watermelons or honeydew, these are refreshing fruits filled with nutrients. Each bite of a watermelon, for instance, contains high levels of Vitamins A, C, and B6, amino acids, antioxidants and lycopene as well as potassium.
4. Mint leaves - Even mint leaves are helpful in slowing down the acid buildup in the stomach while improving digestion. Its cooling effect can help to cut down the pain as well as burning sensation associated with acid reflux.
In addition to having these foods, there are certain home remedies that you can try for fighting acidity:
- It's wise to have your last meal about 2-3 hours before your bedtime to allow time for digestion of the food matter.
- You should always have your meals at regular fixed intervals. Keeping too wide a gap between meals can cause you to suffer from acidity.
- To curb instances of acidity, it's best to avoid spicy foods and caffeinated beverages.
- Having a glass of lukewarm water daily can also help in combating acidity. Consult an Expert & get answers to your questions!