Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sridharan Ramaratnam
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. Sridharan RamaratnamYour feedback matters!
If a person masturbate daily, I will face So many problems like early ejaculation, excitation problems, insomnia etc. Can he/ Can regain back his/her strength back reducing masturbation for once in a week or once in 2 weeks? Please give me a proper answer.
Sir my age is 25. Height 5 ft11 inch. Weight 80 kg. From 2 year I am having numbness and tingling in whole body. Bone and muscle weakness along with pain in body. High bp 150/100. Frequent urination. Chest enlargement and belly enlargement in terms of fat. Hair on my body after 23 has increased 8 times more than previous and also came in the areas where they were never before. I also noticed a huge reduction in my testis size. My right testis was double size of left but now both became equal. Ultrasound shows right volume 8 cc and left 9 cc. All my blood test were normal except serum total testosterone always coming in hypogondal range that is less than 270 ng/dl .i had this test 5 times. This report was worrying me much and I was seeking it as the cause for all my problem. So I continued my search. And I met to an urologist 14 days ago. On 17th july, he asked me to get my semen analysis done along with test FSH, LH and serum Testosterone. I had given the sample. The report shows that FSH is 6.26mIU/mL (reference 1 to 12, LH is 1.29mIU/mL (reference 1 to 12), serum testosterone is 271 ng/dl (ref 270 to 820. Semen analysis shows azoospermia. After that he asked me to get those test again to confirm diagnosis and in 25th I again had the test .it shows serum testosterone 306 ng/dl. FSH is 11. 07mIU/mL. LH is 2.29mIU/mL. Semen analysis azoospermia again. Doctor checked my testis says that these are small. He said he has vas deferens, epididymis .he suspect it as a case of non obstructive azoospermia. So I asked him why this problem happened to me, he said may be by birth. But sir I want to ask that I had grown good in height, my chest is full of hair, my voice is undergone good changes I have heavy voice. The only thing is that I do not have beard except moustache and chin beard .i had habit of masturbation from the age of 17. I used to do by rubbing penis against bed for several hours .i used to do 1 time daily upto age of 20. After that from age of 20 to 23 I did it 4-5 times daily. But 5 months after leaving this habit I started to face all the problem and all these problem increasing with time. Thats why my 2 year search bring me to this conclusion that I have azoospermia. Please suggest is it case of primary testicular failure? Did excess masturbation caused that? Is it treatable or life is over?
My mother got paralysis attack on 8dec 2013. It affect on face. She feel nerves tightness on the left side of facial area. What will be the treatment for this. She takes medicine regularly
Lot of pain in half head covering one eye, migraine issue no relief even after 1 saridon and 2 vasograin, MRI is fine.
Our body is composed of many elements that carry out emotional and physical functions that are usually in sync with one another. It is important for these organs and other elements to be in sync for good health. All nerves are connected to the brain and are responsible for sending important signals throughout your body. Therefore, even one pressed nerve may send you warning signals such as pain to the body. It is advisable not to overlook these signals. Damage from a pressed nerve might be minor or extreme. It might bring about persistent and chronic issues. Therefore, the sooner you get a treatment for nerve compression, the more relieving experience you will have. In a few cases, you cannot reverse the damage caused by a pressed nerve. However, treatment does relieve you from the pain in most cases.
Nerves are the most vulnerable at spots in your body where they go through narrow spaces and have very less tissue to protect them. These are the places they are more likely to get pinched. A number of the causes may include:
- If the nerve is pressed between tissues, for example, your tendon, ligament or bone.
- Nerve compression in your neck or arm may likewise bring pain in zones, for example, your elbow, hand, wrist or fingers.
- Aggravation or weight on a nerve root leaving the spine may bring about neck or low back pain.
- In case a disc tears, it is known as a herniated circle that can put weight on a spinal nerve.
Some of the common symptoms of pinched nerves are:
- Pain in the region of pressure, for example, the neck or low back
- Transmitting pain, for example, sciatica or radicular pain
- Blazing sensation
To what extent you are affected depends on individual to individual. Treatment fluctuates, based upon the seriousness and reason for the pinched nerve. You may find that you benefit from just resting the affected area and by maintaining distance from any exercises that may cause you harm. If side effects endure or torment is serious, it is best to consult a specialist. You may require one or more types of treatment to contract swollen tissue around the nerve.
Treatment may include:
- NSAIDs - Non-steroidal inflammation mitigating drugs (NSAIDs, for example, headache medicine, ibuprofen, or naproxen) may diminish swelling & helps in certain situation' but it do not work in most of the time and must be avoided.
- Oral corticosteroids - These are utilized to lessen swelling and agony, used in certain specific situations.
- Opiates - These are utilized for brief periods to lessen extreme pain.
- Co-analgesics - These are the main medicines for nerve pain. Carbamazepine, Pregabalin, Duloxetine etc medicines are best medicines for these situations.
- Interventional Pain Procedures - They are the most cost effective and non invasive methods for pain relief as recommended by the WHO. Your pain will be taken care of by the interventional pain physician or the pain specialist.
- Surgery - Surgery might be required for more serious issues that do not react to different sorts of treatment.