Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Assistive Walking Device Training
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Brain Suite Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Cerebral Vascular Surgery
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Procedure
Decompression Microvascular Surgery
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Paralysis
Submit a review for Dr. Sridharan RamaratnamYour feedback matters!
Hello, I am suffering from persistent brain fog. I feel persistent heaviness in head. Its difficult to concentrate, memorise, short term memory loss. Theres lots of mental exertion for minor works. Low energy in body, lethargic. I have treatments in past 6 months which includes vit b12 treatment, paroxetine hydrochloride treatment.(suggested by neurologist) My MRI is okay. My thyroid, blood serum, sugar, bp all are found to be okay. The above treatment mentioned above give me temporary and very mild relief, so that I am at least able to function. I am now sick and tired of taking medicines since 6 months and want to be myself normal back. Again the problem is heaviness in head, persistent and accompanied by mental fog which does not let me be normal being :(What else should I try now, whom to visit.
Iam Diabetic since last 5 years. At times I get cold shivers in the evening / night. This happens once in 7-8 Months. Why does it happen. What is the remedy.
I am 50 years old. Since 2 years I am suffering with tingling numbness in legs and some times in hands also. My after food sugar is 165. And fasting nil. Please guide me.
I was diagnosed with hydrocephalus. Post operation and having a shunt added, I recovered. I drank alcohol, about a pint. And have been suffering with the uneasiness and lack of awareness, alertness, as it was before I got operated. Although the CT scan shows no damage, I want to get rid of this constant feeling of a hangover. Please help.
Hello Doctor, I have Migraine headache for more than 20 years, onside headache, it sustains more than 6 hours, painkiller I am taking is Headset, grenil ,i will vomit after the headache starts, it will be yellowish, headache will be severe on onside right side above eyebrow. Can somebody suggest medicine or treatment to cure.
Cbd oil for epilepsy
Cannabis indica and cannabis sativa have been used therapeutically for thousands of years, including for the treatment of epilepsy. Today, cannabis is viewed as a controversial medical subject - thanks in large part to prohibition and decades of misinformation - but prior to 1937's 'marihuana tax act' cannabis was accepted by doctors and patients as a true medicine, and considered one of the safest and most effective forms of seizure control medication.
What are symptoms of brain tumour? Is it happens by thinking a lot or getting angry and taking so much stress?
Dr. my mother is bed ridden since 07 years onwards due to alzamier nw from 15 days onwards she is having swelling on her feet and hands and fatakd in her body if she start rubbing then blood keeps comngg pls tell us why its happening.
Dear sir, when i go up stares , then i feel very weakness and my breath comes very largely.I go daily 72 steps up and down two three times in a day.My age near about 60 years.I have no any sikness.Please tell the reason.I am waiting your good advise.Thanks
I have a migraine problem since 10 Years. What are the home remedies and preventive measures to reduce migraine attacks?
I am 38 yes old having Glioblastoma multiforme (GBM) in right brain. I completed rt for 33 days and 45 day TMZ120 mg then 1 month gap and repeat MRI which show no unchanged in size of tumor. Then started chemo cycle of TMZ 300 mg/5 days a months. In last month they increase dose of TMZ 350 mg. GLIOBLASTOMA MULTIFORME GR. IV Please.
I have problem related to the brain because some time I forget what was I doing and I consulted many neurologists they told that it's a type of epilepsy so please tell me what should I do now.
Dear doctors what are the symptoms of brain hemorrhage and what precaution should we take to avoid such disease and what we eat.
I am vibhav pandey I am in biological disorder that harm me like insomnia and a different type of fever that behave not better for me.
Sir my brain is very paining in night when I am going to sleeping night. Any esrly morning. Please solve my problem.
My brother is suffering from epilepsy from last 4 years, he was under medication both morning and evening dose upto now but we have stop his medicine for morning only. Will there be any problems bcoz of that? We have stop his morning dose because he use to sleep more due to those tablet and feel low all day. And also some time he forgot everything all of sudden for 2 or 3 minutes.
Asperger's syndrome has been found to affect people at a tender age. The augmented impacts of this syndrome are felt as you grow up. It is a neurological disorder falling under the scope of Autistic Spectrum Disorders. However, it is a milder form of autism and has similarly unidentifiable causes. A person afflicted with Asperger's syndrome will not exhibit stark signs of the disorder. These persons are usually smart and brilliant but face issues in communicating or interacting socially.
Factors that may result in this disorder:
- Genetic factors could also afflict you with such a syndrome. Thus, it is important to carry your family history while consulting a doctor.
- Certain changes in a person's brain could create trouble.
- Your body could be susceptible to external toxins: many times bacteria and viruses from a polluted environment can lead you to such a serious neurological condition.
Ways to diagnose Asperger's syndrome:
- A doctor would concentrate on your child's speech: Language development can hint at many underlying health issues. Your child might fail to process speech around him or her which impairs its own speech.
- Exchanges in a social setup could be indicative of something: Children or adults could find social gatherings challenging. They feel awkward to interact with friends, relatives and colleagues. It takes a lot of effort on their part to exchange basic pleasantries. A doctor will be able to deduce from such symptoms.
- Facial expressions while conversing could help diagnosis: A person's facial expressions tell a lot about how they formulate or feel about things. Their words, at the same time, could be contrary. Counselors lay stress on frequent sittings to closely note the gestures made by a patient.
- Comprehension and coordination capabilities: Your child or loved one might find it difficult to handle motor regulated appliances. Comprehending instructions could also be a test. People suffering from Asperger's syndrome face problems in understanding simple things.
- Responding to change will also be taken into consideration: Patients trying to cope with this syndrome are usually not open to change. They take a very long time to adapt to a given way of life; a sudden change will thwart their idea of normalcy.