Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SreelathaYour feedback matters!
Hello Doctor, My baby is two months old and he is not having milk properly I think because of gas in his stomach. I gave colimex he get relief but again it happen.
My daughter is 2 year old some say she is anemic some say calcium deficiency her weight is 11 kg tall. Is tonic for this have any side effect on her.
My child is 5 years old, she has power of -2.5 on both eyes, how to rectify this through foods and any exercises.?
My nephew has been hospitalized since 3 days. She is Just 9 Months old. She had fever for past 5-6 days. Even after being hospitalized there is no improvement she is not talking meals properly and all the time she is fussy and irritated. What should I do?
My Son Age 1.2 years suffering from Mild Stage of down Syndrome and have effect of growing late is dere any treatment homeopathic or alopathic which make his life very near to normal growth.
Concentration problems and trouble in focusing on one task at a time can be termed as Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder or ADHD, in rare and severe cases. While most of the cases are identified in one's childhood, it has been seen that many cases persist into adulthood while still others go completely undiagnosed. This mental health disorder comes with a number of symptoms and management methods. Read on to know more.
- Symptoms: While many patients suffering from this disorder may not display any obvious symptoms at a young age as children are supposed to be brimming with energy, the symptoms for adult ADHD, start to show up in a more obvious fashion. Wavering concentration and low levels of focus along with disorganised living with impulsiveness are the first signs of adult ADHD. Such adults also have trouble when it comes to finishing one task at a time, or even focusing on a task for a prolonged period of time. Bouts of impatience and excessive activity can also show up as symptoms, while restlessness is a quality that most of these patients seem to possess.
- Diagnosis: The diagnosis of this condition is slightly difficult because most adults may complain of some or the other symptoms related to this condition at some point in their lives. Anxiety and mood swing related symptoms can help in diagnosing the condition in a better manner. If the condition ends up disrupting your normal life, work, socialising and behaviour in general, then you may want to see a doctor regarding the same, so that proper diagnosis may take place.
- Causes: While genetic predisposition is said to be the foremost cause of this condition, especially when it continues well into adulthood, there are various environmental factors that may also have a significant bearing on the onset of the condition. Exposure as a child increases the risk of falling prey to this condition. Also, when there are problems with the central nervous system during the developing years, the patient may start to develop symptoms connected with this disorder later on.
- Treatment: Stimulants and other medication like anti-depressants, nonstimulant amphetamine are also used for treating this condition along with therapy and psychological counselling for better organisation in life.
He is 8 years old. As for as features known of dyslexia. Those features he has. Difficulty in writing, does not have the patience in reading, writing, not respects elders. Though his behavior was tolerated by us. He will continue his rude behaviour until we beat him. Is it necessary to get him counselling by a psychiatrist. If at all, please refer one fine psychiatrist in bangalore.
Now my baby is 5month old. I want to know the best contraceptive method which I can use for next 3yrs.
Hi. My baby is 15 months old and largely depends upon milk. If we give him something solid he spits that out or sometimes puke. Somehow we have managed to give him cerelac once a day. My concern is if this routine is ok or what can I do. Also he has grown his front teeth only.
My daughter is recently complaint of less hearing . On being consulting with ENTDoctor he advise for audiologist test. In test it os said 50% hearing loss and advice to put hearing aids. I want any other treatment to recover this loss. They are saying nerve related issue. Pls guide.
I am breastfeeding my 2 and a half month baby. He was born preterm, at 32 weeks. Does it cure him, if I eat ajwain when he gets cough & cold, and does he get cured if I eat heeng if he would be having gas problem or stomach ache. Is it ok for me/my health, if I eat ajwain and heeng daily.
Dear sir, I'm a boy of age 16 years and 6 months and my height is 166 cm. I really want to increase my height and also have been doing exercises for long but now for a long period of tym my height hasn't increased. I weight 56 kg and I am a vegetarian. Kindly suggest what to do so as to increase my heht in these years. Thankyou.
My baby is now 9 months old. Last day he is suffering from chicken pox. He is crying very much. Nd even not eat any thing and feeding. Pls suggest me any precautions as soon as possible. I am very tensed.
My baby is 1 year 10 month. He has slip down the stairs. His head very injured. Doctor can be stitched. My question is in future he has a problem on his head.
Hi I have stomach pain from last three days back pain and ulcer in mouth also Please suggest what shout I do.
Whether you have a toddler or a teen, I believe, five of the best strategies to improve nutrition and encourage smart eating habits in kids would be :
1. Have regular family meals.
2. Serve a variety of healthy foods and snacks.
3. Be a role model by eating healthy yourself.
4. Avoid battles over food.
5. Make eating a playtime and probably a way of spending quality time with your kids.involve them in the process.
Kids who take part in regular family meals are also:
- more likely to eat fruits, vegetables, and grains
- less likely to snack on unhealthy foods
- less likely to smoke, use marijuana, or drink alcohol
You could Follow these basic guidelines:
1. Work fruits and vegetables into the daily routine, aiming for the goal of at least five servings a day.
2. Make it easy for kids to choose healthy snacks by keeping fruits and vegetables on hand and ready to eat. Other good snacks include low-fat yogurt, peanut butter and celery, or whole-grain crackers.
3. Serve lean meats and other good sources of protein, such as fish, eggs, beans, soya, tofu.
4. Choose whole-grain breads and cereals so kids get more fiber.
5. Limit fat intake by avoiding fried foods and choosing healthier cooking methods, such as broiling, grilling, roasting, and steaming. Choose low-fat or nonfat dairy products.
6. Limit fast food and low-nutrient snacks, such as chips and candy. But don't completely ban favorite snacks from your home. Instead, make them "once-in-a-while" foods, so kids don't feel deprived.
7. Limit sugary drinks, such as soda and fruit-flavored drinks. Serve water and low-fat milk instead.
And above all ----- Be a Role Model Yourself!
The best way for you to encourage healthy eating is to eat well yourself.!!!!
That's all for now, for my next dose(article) ...stay tuned!