Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Derma Roller Treatment
Hair Mesotherapy Treatment
Nail Surgery Procedures
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Mole Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Skin Polishing Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sreedhar RaoYour feedback matters!
I am 24 years old female had a hair fall problem can you please suggest me some shampoo and other thing to prevent me from this problem.
Hello sir, I am 23 male. I have got pink reddish rashes on my feet knees elbows. Itching 24/7. More in night. I cant sleep. Please help.
Alopecia or alopecia areata is more commonly known as spot baldness. It is a serious condition that makes a person lose his or her hair in round patches. The patches increase in number over time. Alopecia could affect your scalp and can also result in hair loss from other parts of the body. Alopecia is an auto immune problem and causative factors of which are still not known. However, certain triggering factors, such as stress, which is the biggest culprit along with other factors like thyroid problems, genetic tendencies, drug abuse, hormonal changes or medications can lead to such a disorder.
Naturopathic ways of dealing with Alopecia:
- Chinese hibiscus can come to your rescue: Alopecia is mainly caused due to weak, undernourished hair follicles. Chinese hibiscus is known to deal with the problem effectively. The petals of this flower, when used in combination with dandelion oil, add strength to your hair follicles. It also repairs hair damage. The oil should be applied on the scalp at least twice a week for noticeable results.
- Fenugreek is a great way to tackle problems of hair loss: Fenugreek is rich in proteins and organic compounds. These compounds are effective in building up the defence mechanism of your scalp. Fenugreek regulates hormones in the human body in such a way that a stark re-growth of hair follicles is noticed in many cases.
- Try using green tea creatively: Many people resort to green tea to lead a healthy way of life. While drinking two cups of this inimitable concoction twice daily, remember to use its liquor on the bald patches of your scalp as well. Absorb the drink on a piece of cloth and massage it on the affected areas of your scalp. Catechins, saponins and antioxidants present in this kind of tea help in regeneration of cells on the scalp.
- Graphites can do wonders: Alopecia can also be characterized by itchy eruptions on your scalp. These eruptions may or may not contain pus like fluids. Patchy baldness, especially on the sides of your head, can be dealt with by taking this medicine. A person who shows intolerance towards cold and has an excess of adipose tissues can be treated with Graphites.
- Mezereum is a sought after homeopathic medication: If alopecia areata makes hair fall in the cups of your hand each time you comb, Mezereum should be one's first and foremost choice. The skin of your scalp might be crusting, or you might have rashes in the bald circles. Mezereum will cure these symptoms by fighting off the condition in itself.
However, over-the-counter medication is not suitable for all patients as the causative factors will differ from patient to patient, thus it is important to always consult a trained practitioner as the right dosage and potency will be decided by the doctor.
Shine bright: 10 ways to ensure glowing skin this summer
Summers open the doors to shorts, ice creams, cool drinks, and swims. But while having all the fun, don't forget to take care of the largest organ of your body and that is your skin. Due to the strong and harsh rays of the sun during summers, we need to take special care of our skin which gets exposed to plenty of sun especially in a tropical country like India.
So, here are some essential skin care tips you must follow to ensure healthily and glowing skin this summer season:
1. Stay hydrated
Due to excessive water loss from the body through sweating, you need to drink plenty of water to keep your skin hydrated. Drink at least 15-20 glasses of plain water each day.
2. Wear sunscreen
Choose a sunscreen with SPF 40 or above and apply it on your skin 20-30 minutes before your skin is exposed to the sun. This helps in protecting your skin against harmful UV rays which can potentially cause skin cancer.
3. Use a protective gear
You should invest in a good pair of sunglasses, a hat or an umbrella as these provide further protection for your skin from the strong and harmful rays of the sun.
4. Wear minimal makeup
Try and use minimal make-up that is mineral-based instead of cream-based. Wearing heavy make-up during summer causes sweating and may clog your pores.
5. Clean your face often
Clean your face twice a day with a face wash. In addition, you can clean your face with plain water up to five times a day in case your work requires you to stay outdoors for long hours.
6. Go for exfoliation
While face wash can clean the face up to an extent, it is important to also use an exfoliating scrub on your face at least 3 times a week since all the sweat, oil and dirt clogs pores. A natural home-made scrub of curd, besan and honey soothes and cleanses the skin and can be used on the entire body.
7. Use a toner
You can go for a natural one (e. G. A mix of aloe-vera juice and rose water) or buy one from the market. In summers, toning your skin is very important since natural skin oils are secreted that may clog pores and cause acne.
8. Avoid peak sunshine
Avoid going out between 11 am to 4 pm if possible since the rays of the sun are harshest during that time and can damage your skin.
9. Remove tan
In case, your skin gets tanned in the summer, use simple home-made packs made of sandalwood powder, lemon juice, cucumber juice, tomato juice to remove tan and also give you a glowing skin.
10. Eat fresh
Eat as much fresh fruits and vegetables as possible and avoid oily foods. Swap caffeine and alcohol for fresh lime juice and other fruit juices.