Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Treatment of Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Nail Surgery Procedures
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SreebalaYour feedback matters!
I turned 16 this february and my height I 5'0 feet. I am really conscious about my height. Please tell something to increase height.
I have a problem that all my body is in fair colour except my hands and face. This is nt frm my childhood. At a age of 12, I used an ayurvedic medicine along wd honey for asthma. My face is oily and I am a person who exposed to sun daily. My age is 24 now and height is 5.10"
I have throat pain and little cold from few days and it gets worse in morning. Please suggest a medicine for same.
Hello sir, I am a 36 year old, I am male and I have a problem of stone 16 mm in left kidney. So what should I do?
I have join my new job. Where I am getting too much pressure related my work due to which I getting my health down day by day so what I need to do for maintaining my health.
I am 33 year old, I have pain with swelling little bit hard for 3 days only at diffrent placeses like heels or anywhere in foot, hand finger of hand if pain sever taking painkiller it will reduce. Suffaring from years. Ra factor, uricacid. Crp every thing was normal. It is more frequiently in summer only otherwise 2 to 3 months it is happend. It is different one please give solution thank you.
Hello. My Body is in fair colour but my face is not the same. What precautions I have to take to make my face loos fair and glow. I am men of 49 years of age.
I have pimples, acnes and dark spots on my face. And tan too. So what should I do? To get fairer, clean and pimple free skin.
I am losing hair quickly and tried all shampoos but no effect yet. I am not sure what else can I do. Can you please help me with this?
Lymphogranuloma venereum (LGV) is a STD caused by the three different types of the “Chlamydia trachomatis” bacterium. LGV is generally a disease of the lymphatic system. It is characterized by small, asymptomatic skin lesions along the pelvis or groin region. It has been noticed that men are more prone to this than women.
What are the symptoms of lymphogranuloma venereum?
The symptoms may start within a few days or months after coming in contact with the bacteria. Some of the common symptoms are:
1. Pain during bowel movement
2. The growth of small painless sores in the genital area
3. Your skin might swell and turn red.
4. There can be drainage from the lymph nodes in the groin.
5. Blood and puss may pass from the rectum as well
What are the possible complications related to lymphogranuloma venereum?
1) The patient may have brain inflammation although this is very rare
2) The patient may suffer from infection in joints, eyes, heart, and liver
3) The rectum may get narrower and scary
4) There may be long-term swelling and inflammation of the genitals
How can you diagnose lymphogranuloma venereum?
1. Generally, doctors suspect lymphogranuloma venereum when the patient is suffering from genital ulcers, swollen lymph nodes and proctitis (inflammation of the rectum and anus).
2. Rectal specimens, genital lesions, and lymph node specimens are taken to test for Chlamydia trachomatis. This is detected by culture, nucleic acid detection, and direct immunofluorescence tests.
What are the treatments available for lymphogranuloma venereum?
People with LGV must be treated with antibiotics and drainage of the bulbous growths may also be necessary for symptomatic relief. Generally, two antibiotics are used to treat such patients:
1. Doxycycline, may be used to treat patients who are not pregnant.
2. Erythromycin is used in other cases and especially for women who are pregnant.
HIV positive patients and HIV-negative patients are treated in the same way. However, HIV patients may have to continue the treatment for a longer period of time due to the compromised immune system. The patients have to abstain from sexual activity till the completion of the antibiotic dose. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.