Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sornam
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SornamYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor. I am 9th month pregnant. Last conception date is 6 dec 2015 It. Is my ultrasound report. It had done on 18 July 16 can you tell me about the condition of my baby n when will my baby born? BPD - 80. 1 MM AC - 300 MM FL -63. 1 MM placenta localisation - Anterior amniotic fluid -mild more EFW -22008 G gestational age - 32 weeks 6 days EDD- 6-9-16. When will I feel my baby is delivery position?
My wife left side Brest fibroadenoma h doctor operation k liye bol rhe h kya bina operation k treatment Nhi h aur operation k bad dobara fibroadenoma Nhi hoga aur breast ke size me and shape m koi problem to Nhi hogi.
Hi doctor, one of my friend is not getting her periods from last 3 months, please suggest how can she will get her periods?
I am suffering from itching problem at vaginal area. I am facing this problem from last 2 months. And sometimes it burns also during urine. I have taken cansoft vaginal and fas-3 kit also but after taking these medicines I felt relax only for a week and then again the same problem has started.
We had unprotected intercourse on 1st 2nd and 4th June. Itz 30 june now. She dint had her periods yet, her dates usually starts around 1.however last month she had early periods on around 23 may which ended on 29 may. And we had intercourse on 1st 2nd and 4 the June. How long should we wait. Please give the detailed answer to get this over as soon as possible. However I took it out before the cum but still to be on a safer side. I am worried. How long should we wait. And what should we do exactly after that. please provide a detailed answer. I got the answers not more than a line before. So please provide answers so that we can understand it properly and tell the necessary steps Reply awaited.
Swimming or running? Having to prioritize between the two can be quite a daunting task. While swimming has its loyal followers, one cannot ignore the health benefits of running either. In fact, swimming and running are like two faces of the same coin. What is suitable for one may not be an ideal choice for another. While swimming may be helpful for some, others might benefit from running. Following the mad rush does not make any sense. Know what are your requirements, strengths, and weaknesses and then choose between the two.
This article is an attempt to clear your confusion and thus, help you choose between the two.
- Injury: Running and swimming can both result in an injury. However, running is more intense. Thus, chances and frequency of an injury (muscle cramps, ligament tear, sprain or fracture) are slightly more in the case of running. In comparison, swimming is less strenuous. There is less probability of a sprain or a fracture in swimming.
- Body workout: If you are looking for a complete body workout, swimming is what the doctors have just advised. The different strokes in swimming ensure maximum muscular movements. Every part of your body, from head toe, are involved in swimming. Running, however, is not a complete body workout.
- Joint problems: For people with joint problems or associated conditions such as arthritis (especially Rheumatoid Arthritis), running might be highly uncomfortable and risky, aggravating the problems further. Under such circumstances, swimming comes as a much-needed breather. Not only is it safe, but also comfortable (people with severe arthritis should, however, consult the doctor before swimming). Swimming is an excellent exercise for improving the motor skills and also building on the core strength.
- Calories burned: Finally some good news for the runners. If you are looking for a high-calorie burnout (where you have to sweat it out literally), running is what you just need. Swimming also helps to burn the calories, but running has a slightly higher impact. As per a survey, you burn close to 700 calories by running for seven miles per hour. Surprising, you burn only 550 calories (per hour) by swimming 50 yards per minute.
- Bone health: If swimming is good for the joints, running is important for your bones. Running plays a pivotal role in improving and increasing the bone density in a person.
- Hormonal effect: Swimming or running both are believed to improve your cognitive abilities. Endorphins, which are commonly known as the ‘feel good’ hormone and is known to lift your spirits. They enhance your mood like never before.
Both swimming and running come with their own sets of merits and demerits. Choosing between the two can be an uphill task. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Physiotherapist.