Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SornamYour feedback matters!
Virginity is not the measure of a woman’s character, but the decision to lose your virginity should be a well informed one. After all, there’s no going back from here. In biological terms, losing your virginity refers to the first time you have vaginal intercourse. For most women, it is symbolized by the breaking of the hymen. However, since the hymen can also break while participating in other activities like gymnastics and horse riding, this should not be taken as a measure of a woman’s virginity.
Here are a few things you should know about losing your virginity.
- There may be blood: Don’t freak out of you see a few drops of blood on the sheets. Most women break their hymen when they have sex for the first time. This is the source of the blood that you see. Unlike other cuts and bruises, you will not need to put anything on your vagina for the hymen to heal. At the same time, if you do not bleed don’t worry. This is a sign that your hymen was already broken.
- You may feel a little pain: There are two major factors that determine how much pain you will feel when having sex for the first time; your sensitivity to pain and the size of your partner’s penis. More than pain, you should be ready to feel a lot of pressure. This can be relieved by going slow or by using a lubricant.
- You should be comfortable: Don’t try any awkward positions for your first time. You should be comfortable both mentally and physically. This will help you enjoy the experience and will ensure that your body produces enough natural lubricant.
- You should use protection: Protection is a must for every time you have sex until you are ready to start a family. A condom will not only protect you from unwanted pregnancies but will also protect you against STDs.
- It’s OK to back out: You should never feel under pressure to lose your virginity. A good partner will understand this and let you take your time. Even if you had planned on ‘doing it’ but at the last moment do not feel comfortable about it, don’t be afraid to back out.
- Share your experience with someone: Though considered taboo, losing your virginity should ideally not be kept a secret. Parents are the best people to talk to about this but you could also talk to an aunt, elder sister or anyone you trust. Alternatively, speak to your gynaecologist; they are the best informed and there’s nothing they haven’t been asked before so you don’t need to feel shy about asking them anything. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Hey I am rekha and I am pregnant. But I don't want to have baby right now. What can I do? Is their any pill by which I abort. I wants only abortion by pill. Please suggest me medicine and some tips to abortion.
Can hymen be broken with the use of tampons I am virgin but i did not bleed when i had sex first time what's the reason? Is reason use of tampon or anything else? Please advise.
Hi I am 33 weeks pregnant. .and I am suffering from severe back pain. What should I do to stop this pain please and in addition to this I am also suffering pain during my intercourse.
Can one have sex during pregnancy. Of the lady is having 21-22 weeks pregnancy. If yes how often can one do it. From which month one should stop having sex. What is the precautions one should take.
Where do I start. I have alway had lumps in my breast. Always very lumpy. Went for a mammogram and ultra sound yesterday. Well I don't know why this one upset me so much. Was very teary. That the mammogram first to be told that they had to do more imaging on the left. Then the U/S and was told they.
Iron is definitely one of the most important ingredients and nutrients that we require. Most of the health problems in the world are caused due to iron deficiency, including low immunity and anaemia, among many others. The lack of iron can lead to a variety of development delays and can also affect the haemoglobin levels in the blood which gives rise to symptoms like dizzy spells and fatigue.
So what are the underrated facts about iron that we need to know? Read on to know more!
- Transport of Oxygen: Iron is credited with the transport of oxygen within the human body. It is a well known fact that all the cells, atoms and tissues in our body need oxygen, in order to grow and maintain livelihood. The red blood cells in our body are a good source of this oxygen as they contain an iron rich protein called haemoglobin. This element is what takes the oxygen which is later released in a more targeted manner. While two grams of oxygen can exist in the cells at any given point, this supply can diminish if the dietary iron intake reduces which can lead to a condition called anaemia.
- Production of Energy: Iron is also an element that helps in the metabolism, which has great implications for the various organs and muscles of the human body. The cells of our body are known to burn these calories in the diet so as to create energy which activates these organs. If the iron resources become low in these cells, then the process does not take place in a proper manner, which can lead to symptoms like fatigue before the organ functionality gets compromised.
- Iron Rich Food: The kind of foods and materials contain iron include legumes, lentils, fish, tofu, seafood, pork, soybeans, liver, green vegetables like spinach and ladies fingers, raisins, strawberries, and other fortified food like cereals. It is a well known fact that plant foods tend to contain lower levels of iron as compared to animal foods like red meat. Also, there are many spices that are rich in iron including cumin and cardamom, which can be used on a daily basis to pepper your salads and stir fry preparations.
- Cooking and Storage: Iron usually gets sucked out of food when the food is cooked for long or processed and packaged under highly intense condition or with excessive salt additives. Also, when you cook plant sources too much, then the iron can escape by way of the water that it leaves, which evaporates.
Find out a good way to bring iron into your diet, but remember that too much of iron can also lead to toxicity.
I had miscarriage in 16th week of pregnancy just before 6 days. Now how long I should wait to start a normal physical relationship with husband? And also ideal time to conceive again?
What is best day to have a relationship for pregnancy? My wife has regular period ,sometimes 1 -2 days gets late or early. Or any tips if you can provide? We have tried 3-5 times in 2 years of 5-6 months interval but didn't get result?
I'm unable to insert my penis into my wife's vagina. I'm able to insert my one finger into vagina. But unable to insert two finger. I met gynecologist she said my wife's vagina ok. You have try. But I'm trying to insert from 6 months but failed. My wife co operative during sex. My penis erection also good what I have to do.
I am Indhu 28 years old. I got my last periods on 22nd oct and still I did not get my tis month periods. But I do have some symptoms of period. I wanted to know whether am pregnant or not.
Can we go with hysterectomy when suggested by Dr but the patient n is 125kg and hypertensive and hypothyroid and age is 53 please advice.Thank you.
Ia m 19 years old after taking primolut n 5 mg I am getting my periods very lighter and drop type ehat should I do now please suggest me please help me.
I just got my preconception tests done and it shows prolactin levels 51 AMH 0.891ng/ml and TSH 6.15. Please tell me can I conceive naturally?
High blood sugar occurs when the insulin in the body fails to metabolize the sugar from the food, which raises the amount of glucose in your blood. It is a metabolic disorder which can be managed effectively with the help of lifestyle modifications such as exercise and food. This article is going to focus on the foods that you can eat to lower your blood sugar levels.
Here are 9 foods that you can use to reduce blood sugar levels:
Cinnamon: Cinnamon is a herb which is very effective in getting your blood sugar down to manageable levels. You can simply sprinkle cinnamon on your food before eating it.
Fenugreek (methi): Fenugreek is a common spice which is used in almost all Indian cuisines. It has a number of health benefits, one of which is reducing blood sugar levels. Soaking fenugreek in water and then drinking it the next day is a very effective remedy in combating sugar problems.
Garlic: Not just for sending away the vampires!, it is also very effective in blood sugar control. Extracts of garlic have been shown to increase insulin in the body which is required to metabolize the sugar in the body.
Heart Healthy Fats: Heart healthy fat based foods such as nuts and seeds are good for increasing the good cholesterol levels (HDL) in the body. Avocadoes contain nutrients which lower the risks of various diseases such as diabetes. In a nutshell, these fats make the cells of the body less resistant to insulin.
Blueberries: Blueberries contain anthocyanin (water soluble pigments) which is very good for your health. They also contain fiber in large amounts which make you feel fuller faster. This fruit has also been shown to improve insulin sensitivity in the body.
Vinegar: Vinegar is an age old remedy to control blood sugar levels; it contains acetic acid which causes a reduction in certain harmful enzymes in the stomach. Vinegar is also known to prevent blood sugar spikes when consumed with food.
Complex Carbohydrates: Complex carbohydrates raise your blood sugar but not like its cousin, simple carbohydrates. Simple carbohydrates cause an immediate spike in your blood sugar levels where as complex carbs provide a steady stream of energy. So drop that packet of refined flour and get that whole wheat variant.
Cherries: Cherries, especially tart cherries and dark sweet cherries, are full of anthrocyanins. Insulin resistance prevents insulin from working properly to control blood sugar in normal ranges. Eating a diet high in anthrocyanins can mean improved use of insulin and lower blood sugars.
Nuts: People who eat nuts regularly have lower rates of heart disease than people who don't eat them. Even among the healthiest eaters, the ones who also eat nuts boast the best health record. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
My friend had have sex with her girlfriend. He is worried about if she is pregnant or not. He don't want her pregnant. He had have sex with her about 10 days before. Which medicine is best to avoid pregnancy or what is best to do? Please help him and her.
Chocolate milk has it all when it comes to proteins carbs sugar or the taste and is also popular among athletes. During high intensity workouts muscle proteins break down and glycogen levels deplete by 60 to 75%. However for muscle growth after a workout, one needs to replenish glycogen and protein that can easily be gained from chocolate milk. Sports dietician suggest students to take four grams of carbohydrates to one gram of protein within 30 minutes after a workout and it depends on workout intensity and duration of workout determine how much energy is used.