Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SnehalathaYour feedback matters!
My wife having problem of thyroid and also a MVP. And she is taking medicines like thyrox 50mg once od and ramipril 2.5 mg once od. And after one month of taking both the medicines now. The thyroid is from 19.6 upto 4.5% so I want to ask you that how life g time she has to take thyroid tabs and she is also having a hemoregia in menstruate. Time. Up to 6-7 days long so what is the reason of excess bleeding and what is the solution of that please advice me asap.
I am 35 years married female. For the first time I missed my periods. Last month my period got started on 14th and on 27th I removed my multiload which was for 3 years. But till now I am not having any signs of going to be periods as usually my period starts before the last months date. Kindly advise. What could be the reason.
She is my girlfriend. She is 17 yr old but her period is not regular. She getting it after 3 or 4 month. Is there any problem? we never had any physical contact.
Doctor I am confirmed with hbsag positive so my question is that is their any special ot required during delivery? and what about my baby is he will be healthy as other infants are?
I am a 19 year old girl and I am facing symptoms of UTI I can't hold my pee even to get to the washroom, pain during urination, feeling unwell, dark yellow color, and a dull pain In vagina what meds shall I take?
Is there a complete cure for dermoid in homeopathy. My mother in law is having bilabial dermoid it is almost 4.5*4 size is it better to do operation or take homeopathy treatment.
My daughter age 11 years attained puberty on 3rd October 2016. But today 23rd October she got her periods again. First time the bleeding was less. But now the 2nd periods bleeding is normal. Could you please tell me whether it is normal to get periods so soon again or should I consult any gynaecologist.
Is it there any type of cutting of vaginal opening happens during the normal delivery to a woman?Please help sir .
Hi I am 24 year girl. I had sex with my husband two days back. But there were no blooding Nd pain during intercourse. Now he is having doubt on me. Kindly suggest any way.
I am trying to conceive since 1 yr. My husband stays out. Last month I had almost skipped my periods fr 28 days. But on 29th I got my periods. Is it a good sign or I need to consult a doc. I never skipped so long. I am not taking any pills other than thyronorm 25 mg. Pls help.
Diagnostic tests- Females
We provide testing for fertility by all modalities ranging from reproductive hormones to diagnostic ultrasound to ascertain the cause. It is advisable that we make you undergo these tests before your final treatment/ plan of management is started.
- Blood tests – These include a whole array of blood investigation ranging from CBC , Urine routine microscopy, RBS, TSH, PROLACTIN, VDRL, HIV, HBSAG, HCV, AMH. And any other test depending on the history of the couple.
- Transvaginal ultrasound- A complete ultrasound of the uterus an adenexa is done to diagnose any anatomical disorder.
- Specific tests – In cases of recurrent implantation failure and recurrent pregnancy loss or if required other tests are also advised.
- Diagnostic Laparoscopy and Hysteroscopy – For many, this test is an important part of a fertility evaluation .Laparoscopy takes place under general anaesthesia with small incisions made at or just below the navel and the pubic hairline. A laparoscope (a small-diameter telescope) is passed through the incision, which enables one to view the ovaries, fallopian tubes, uterus and pelvic cavity for abnormalities. We can check that the tubes are open (tubal patency) by injecting dye through the uterus and observing it spill or not through the ends of the fallopian tubes.
Hysteroscopy uses another small-diameter telescope called a hysteroscope. This enables to assess the uterine cavity for abnormalities such as polyps, adhesions or fibroids.
Hi i Had intercourse once of every 2-3 days, want a baby, sperm enters many times into ovary, but still no sign of pregnancy and still menstruating, want a baby, I am a little fat (78 kg), that's why in time of straight (face to face) intercourse- my belly obstacks, so we choose for back style (dog), and I regularly pee after 1.30-2 hour of sex. My period is 29 days cycle, and its still no delay or no stop. I did pregnancy tests 3 times, every time result is negative. What I have to do- to get pregnancy. I am 20, my hubby is 30 yrs (wgt- 66kg), please help.
My LMP date is 8th Jan16 and my pregnancy test is positive. I was on thyroxine sodium tablets of 62.5 MCG since last 1-2 years or so. On 6th feb test result showed my TSH as 6.2. I am not able to consult my doctor as of now. So, I had increased the dosage to 100mcg on my own (since 6th feb). please suggest if this is the correct dosage and if it is not the correct dosage then what should be my course of action now?
Sir, i'm Married since Last year September and had One miscarriage on december. Since then I don't get pregnant. I had lot changes in My Period after Marriage. It came 2 Month gap. Last month and on August the periods were Really long för nearly 20 days. I got anemia due to that. I have pcos From 18 but I Never had irregular like this. I Live in Germany so the doctors i'm not really satisfied in Treatment. please Assist me in getting pcos Treatment and pregnancy.
While some people see tears as a sign of weakness, for others crying is a crucial way of dealing with grief. Though as children we’re told not to cry and to ‘keep a hold’ of our emotions, letting go of a few tears can help alleviate grief and emotional distress.
Here are a few reasons crying could be a good idea when dealing with loss.
- Crying can stimulate the release of endorphins: Crying cleanses the mind of negative emotions and allows you to express your emotions. Crying can be described as a reaction to pain and in order to control pain, the body releases endorphins. Endorphins are also known as happy hormones as they block the transmission of pain signals and create a sense of contentment. These chemicals can take a little time to have an effect and hence in most cases, you will notice an improvement in your mood after a good cry.
- Crying elevates the mood: Crying can help reduce your body’s manganese levels. A higher than normal manganese level can heighten anxiety, irritability, tiredness and emotional disturbances. By lowering manganese levels, the brain is left with enough space for happier emotions and hence crying can help elevate a person’s mood.
- Crying stimulates the body’s parasympathetic nervous system: The parasympathetic nervous system controls a number of functions including heart rate. Crying can stimulate this system and trigger a state of relaxation. For this reason, you may feel sleepy after crying. This gives your body time to relax and deal with the problem at hand with a calmer mind.
- Crying helps deal with stress: A stressful experience or emotional situation can cause a build-up of stress hormones known as cortisol. As the levels of cortisol increase in the body, it goes into flight or fight mode as an automatic response to stress. Crying reduces the cortisol levels and helps relieve tension and stress almost immediately.
- Crying is cathartic: Every day we are exposed to conflicts and stressful situations that can build up into resentments and leave a person feeling anxious and depressed. Sometimes, giving vent to emotions and crying can help release these pent-up feeling and heap cleanse the mind of these negative emotions. Crying also allows us to open ourselves up to the people around and can improve the levels of intimacy between them. In this way, it can help a person become part of a community. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
1 week back my 1 month pregnancy was conformed. With my husband help I used Mifepristone nd misoprostol. After 3 days its completely discharged. Now my problem is. I am getting stomach pain and started bleeding daily after 1 week. So please suggest me some medicine. I am unable to consult doctor in my working schedule. My periods dates are 1st or 2nd monthly.
Do it yourself (DIY) are the simple test and procedures that enables you to know the probability of getting a particular disease condition. You can say the test itself a life saving technique and act like a warning signal. In series of posts I will tell you how to test for a particular condition by your own.
1) DIY for cardiovascular disease
"Simple sit and reach test is a good predictor of arterial flexibility"
DIY test for stiff arteries:
A) sit on the floor with your leg straight
B) Your toes should point towards the ceiling
C) Bend from your hips, stretch your arm and try to touch the toes
D) Inability to perform the activity is an indicator that you may have stiff arteries which are the reason of many cardiovascular diseases