Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. SnehalathaYour feedback matters!
Used for dysentry, diarrhoea, febrile diarrhoea, amoebiasis, ibs (irritable bowel syndrome) etc.
Many brands of syrup based kutaj extract with bilav etc are available for use in infants, children also.
No side effects
Here are some herbal tips.
Natural home remedy using flaxseeds
Eat 2 tbsp of flaxseeds every day during periods
This reduces prostaglandin levels in the body
Natural home remedy using ginger, honey, lemon and tea
Prepare black tea
Add to it ½ tsp of crushed ginger
Add 2 tsp lemon juice
Add 1 tsp honey
Drink this tea at regular intervals during the day
Natural home remedy using basil leaves
Crush a handful of basil leaves
Press the paste on a sieve to extract juice
Take 1 glass hot water
Add 2 tsp basil leave juice
Drink thrice everyday
Acupuncture treatment provides pain relief
Include in diet:
These remedies are based on the principles of Ayurveda, the ancient Indian science of healing, and are completely natural, non-invasive, and can be prepared at home. Consult your doctor if the symptoms persist.
Consult for further queries and suggestions.
My wife' s right side fallopian tube cut by operation. Now we want to a baby but no result. How can I do? please give me proper way.
My period was on 4 Feb 2017 and I took primolut from 4of march still date can I become pregnant today the date is 26 march 2017. please reply soon.
I used pain killer (cyclopam) during my periods due to severe stomach paining. Is there any side effect of this medicine can it create any problem in future.
I am 17 years old and I had sex with my boyfriend in the month of April and I consumed unwanted 72 pill next day after doing sex. Doctor my question is this that I don't get my periods till today in June I had completed 2 months what is this doctor ? Is after consuming this pill periods gets delay and how much delay? 1, 2or 3 months plzz tell.
1. Use a cane or walker for added stability.
2. Wear rubber-soled shoes for traction.
1. Make sure lighting is adequate especially night as falls are common when trying to walk in dark.
2. Eliminate clutter in the house and neatly strap loose wires etc so it does not come in the way.
3. Avoid using rugs where foot or cane can catch while walking.
4. Make sure there are bars to hold on to in the bathroom.
5. Elderly patients will reduce fall risk if they do gentle stretching exercises daily and keep up their walking.
Premenstrual syndrome or PMS is a common phenomenon that happens to over 75% of menstruating women. It refers to a set of symptoms that a woman experiences 7 to 10 days within the onset of her monthly period. The symptoms often cause great discomfort to the woman, but disappear soon after the period gets over.
The symptoms include muscle cramps, headache, body ache, nausea, dizziness, fatigue, mood swings and a lot more. This is not a pathogen related disease. It is caused due to hormonal imbalance before the start of menses in women. The level of female hormones i.e. estrogen and progesterone fluctuate inside a woman’s body prior to the menses. They are believed to have an impact on certain chemicals released by the brain. Therefore, women experience these symptoms during this time of their monthly cycle.
You don’t need to depend on strict medication to get rid of these symptoms. They can vanish if you make some changes in your lifestyle. Here are some natural ways to get rid of these symptoms:
- Check your diet: In order to enjoy a healthy period, you need to avoid certain food items. Trans fats and hydrogenated fats can increase these symptoms. Cut down on the sugar content of your meal as high sugar level can give birth to some of these symptoms like mood swings, headache, nausea, etc. It is also important to check the water content in your body. It is advisable to avoid salt as too much water retention can be bad. Too much consumption of caffeine can cause depression and anxiety.
- Go for a holistic and balanced diet: Women must include sufficient amounts of minerals and vitamins in their diet to avoid PMS. Try eating foods that are rich in magnesium such as bananas and leafy green vegetables. Also consume Vitamin A rich foods, mainly yellow and orange vegetables.
- Take up some light exercises: Light aerobic exercises may help you in getting some relief from bloated stomach and pain. But, don’t exert yourself in doing stressful exercises.
- Try some heat: Applying a heat pad can provide relief from muscle cramps and abdominal pain. Heat dilates the blood vessels and improves flow of blood through them. This provides relief from any sort of pain.
- Drink right: It is true that too much retention of water in the body can worsen PMS. But it is advisable that you drink sufficient amount of water during the periods or before it starts. As experts say, water itself can hinder water retention in your body. Besides water, go for herbal drinks like a cup of hot ginger tea. Some herbal drinks can work wonders in preventing PMS.
- Sleep well: Adequate night sleep is a must for menstruating women.
- Oil message: Use lavender oil and cypress oil to avoid muscle cramps and tension. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.
My sister is of 19 years old. She had a problem of irregular periods , heavy hair fall, severe body pains and pimples on face.help please
Hi sir / madam, during the pregnancy sex is safe?/ unsafe, my wife is now pregnant (10wks), I did a sex four to five times in this period, any problem? Please suggest me. I was worried about it.
Hi I am 2 mnth 6 days pregnant when I scan on 9 th it doesn't shown heartbeat some Dr. said to abort some said to wait and scan on 24 th I am confused what to do there is a chance kya that In next scan heartbeat can b detected. My periods are not regular. Pls help me.
I have a polycystic ovaries. Due to that I have severe hair fall and my wait has been increased. If I loose my wait will I recover from hair fall and the polycystic ovaries. And what diet I need to take?
You may have noticed that the elders in your home often talked about how their grandparents kept water overnight in copper jars believing that by drinking that water in the morning would cleanse both mind and body.
It is true because copper is an essential mineral for the body. Even Ayurveda advises to store water in copper vessels and drink it for the maintenance of good health. The copper is said to possess an electromagnetic energy that aids in solving the issues arising from the imbalances in the body.
Here are the top health benefits of consuming copper water:
It is antimicrobial: Storing water in copper vessels for 16 hours at room temperature can kill all the microbes, which would otherwise cause water borne diseases. The University of South Carolina reports that copper has intense purifying power. The report also suggests that copper surface can put an end to 97 percent of bacteria and microbes that may lead to hospital acquired infections.
It acts as a brain stimulant: The human brain functions by transmitting impulse from neurons to neurons through the regions called synapses. Copper aids in the generation of phospholipids which are needful for the formation of the myelin sheaths that act as a kind of conductive agent.
It helps in healthy weight loss: When diet regulation is of no help to you, then you can opt for drinking water stored in copper jugs regularly. It helps in tuning the digestive system for better performance as well as breaking down of fat and eliminates it out of the body efficiently.
It aids in slowing down ageing: Copper is a natural remedy for your wrinkles, fine lines and other signs of ageing that have started occurring on your face. It has very strong antioxidants and cell forming properties and is also effective in fighting free radicals, which actually lead to the formation of fine lines. By drinking water from copper vessels regularly, you will be able to keep your skin renewed by replacing the old and dying ones.
It has anti-inflammatory properties: This helps in the reduction of anti-inflammatory pains including arthritis and if you are suffering from aches and pains in different parts of the body, you can drink water from the copper vessels every morning for soothing inflamed joints.
Apart from copper, silver and gold are used by Ayurveda for drinking water.These metals have different indications based on your disease. So, kindly consult and know what is best for you.