Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SivaprasadYour feedback matters!
Can we use straightener and hair dryer if we are suffering daily from a severe headache from morning till night?
I am having wart in my foot. Around 10 to 12 warts on my foot. Need suggestions for this on removal of warts.
I have scars nd pimples on my face. My face color has become dull. What should I do to make my face look bright nd clean from scars?
I am umesh katighar aged 22 from Hyderabad. I have been suffering from hairloss from past 4 years. I lost nearly 40% of hair. Also my hair become thin. I am thinking of taking minoxidil 5% with biotin to stop my hair fall for 3 years then at 25 age thought of getting hair transplant. I know minoxidil is not permanent but still I think I left with no option for now and I really want to look young. And as of now I cannot go for hair transplant because I recently completed my studies so no savings.
Hi sir myself I am hvng freckles sun n age spots on face n pigmentation I hve consulted a dermatologist they prescribed me biluma cream but it is not useful pls suggest me some precaution fr this.
Can I remove my chest hair and neck hair permanently. If yes then please please suggest me how. I have lost my confidence because of the hair issue. I feel shame in front of other people because I have hair on my neck also. So please suggest me about this problem.
My hair turns white up to small number. And I am 20years old because of what these occurs. Any medicines.
Melanoma, also referred to as malignant melanoma, is a type of cancer. It evolves from the color or pigment containing cells known as melanocytes. Melanomas normally happen in the skin, yet may once in a while it may happen in the mouth, guts, or eyes as well. In women, it generally happens in the legs, while in men they are most regularly on the back. Sometime a mole may also raise your concern by increasing in size, developing abnormal edges, a change of color or itching and irritability. This may also prompt breakdown of the skin.
Some general facts on melanoma are mentioned below:
1. More than one million new instances of skin cancer or melanoma are analyzed every year.
2. There has been a 2000% increase in rate of melanoma since the year 1930. One out of fifty get affected by this cancer.
3. This is common in young women and causes many deaths.
4. Women below the age of forty are at more risk of getting melanoma than any other kind of cancer such as breast cancer.
5. There has been a high rise in the rate of melanoma from 1970 to 2008. There has been an 800% increase in young women and 400% increase in case of similar aged men.
6. Early recognition makes melanoma treatable. It is screened for growth very minimally.
Melanomia may be caused primarily due to these causes:
- The most primary cause of melanoma is ultraviolet light (UV) in people with a low level of skin pigment. The UV light might be from either the sun or from different sources, for example, tanning devices. Around 25% of cases occur from or in the form of moles.
- Those with numerous moles, presence of the disease in family members and who have poor immunity are at more noteworthy risk to get melanoma. Various uncommon hereditary defects, such as xeroderma pigmentosum increase the risk of melanoma.
- The individuals who work on airplanes seem to have an expanded danger, due to more contact with UV rays.
- Ultraviolet UVB light of wavelengths between 315 - 280 nm from the sun react with the skin cell DNA and result in a kind of direct DNA harm called cyclobutane pyrimidine dimers (CPDs).
In order to stay away or avoid melanoma, you should:
- Spend less time in direct sunlight and should seek shade.
- Avoid the sun at peak hours.
- Examine your skin at times for some kind of change.
- Keep away from tanning salons.
Melanoma is a dangerous form of cancer and causes a lot of deaths. You should stay away from anything that causes melanoma.