Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sivakumar R
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Sivakumar RYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from severe chest pain when I was trying to breath in the morning so kindly try to solve my issues and it's there any problems.
I am cycling for about half an hour in morning beside using in day also for 5/10 minutes. Do I require any other exercise for controlling BP (i have) and avoiding risk of diabetes.
I am 22 years old and I am also a smoker I smoke from last 3 years and but from last 1 and a half year I feel that my heart is beating so fast sometimes my body gets shake and I feel a type of current in the whole body with teeth also what I will do Sir? please plz please answer.
I am 50 year old (female) suffering from early spondyltic changes as described in mri of dorsal spine with mild kyphoscoliotic deformity of lower dorsal spine. Effect high pain at right side of chest and back.
Mera blood prssure 170/90 kabhi to 200/100 tak hi chala jata. Mere pass ke doctor kahate hai ki tu sochata hai? but sir bp ka socha ki muje bahut dar lagata hai. or sir kahbhi mujhe kisi ke ghar one night rahine ka ho to. muje aisa lgata hai mujhe hear attack to nahi aayeka? to muje baut takalif hoti chaakar bhi aate hai. or sine may dukhane lagata hai.please sir muze takalif kam karne kai liya koi rasta batya ki mai kar sakau
Hi sir . I have acidity problem since several days I am suffering a lot I have consult a doctor n take medicines. Am suffering from all this things ie. Heart burning, burning sensation abdomen, palpitation, chest pain is rotating around n back side also not constantly one place n not regularly oftenly showing this all n I was scared n I have taken ECG report n shown to the doctor report was very good. doctor given to medicine rabeprazole&domperidone n megaldrate&symthicone syrup n I was used one month n again repeated my problem Am psychologically suffered a lot pls help me.
How to control excess estrogen, symptom of gynecomastia, fat on tummy, suffering from high blood pressure for 3-4 years, Is this the sign of inguinal hernia ?
My husband is 28 years old his blood test says high cholesterol i.e. cholesterol: 239.5 HDL-cholesterol (HOMOGENEOUS ASSAY: 28.1 triglyceride: 366.7 VLDL (CALC) :73.35 Chol/HDL (CALC: 8.54 LDL-cholesterol (Direct: 145.2 LDL cholesterol :138.09 please tell me what to do which medicine to take or home remedies to control cholesterol. Which food to have n which not. Any easiest method to control the cholesterol.
Cardiomyopathy includes diseases involving the heart muscle. These diseases have various causes, types, symptoms and modes of treatment.
The heart muscle gets enlarged, thick or rigid. In several cases, the heart muscle tissue is replaced with a scar tissue. As this condition worsens, the heart gets weaker and the ability to pump blood is disrupted, which can cause heart failure or irregular beating of the heart. The weakened state of the heart can lead to valvar diseases.
The different types of cardiomyopathy are:
- Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy: This is a common form and affects people of all ages. Men and women are affected equally. This condition arises due to the enlargement and thickening of the heart muscle. The ventricles, the septum and the lower heart chamber usually thicken, which causes obstruction in pumping of blood by the heart. This disease also causes stiffness in the ventricles, and cellular changes in the tissue.
- Dilated Cardiomyopathy: This form of cardiomyopathy develops due to the enlargement and weakening of the ventricles. The issue arises from the left ventricle and develops over time. It may even affect the right ventricle. More effort is put in by the heart muscles for pumping blood and slowly the heart is unable to pump blood effectively. This condition may lead to heart failure, valve diseases or blood clots in the heart.
- Restrictive Cardiomyopathy: This disease occurs due to the stiffening of the ventricles, without thickening of the walls of the heart. The ventricles are not allowed to relax and do not receive a sufficient volume of blood supply. This condition causes heart failure and valvar problems over time.
- Arrhythmogenic Right Ventricular Dysplasia: This rare form of cardiomyopathy occurs when fat or fibrous tissues replace the muscle tissue of the right ventricle. This causes arrhythmias and disruption in the electrical signals of the heart. It generally affects teens and may cause cardiac arrest in athletes.
- Unclassified Cardiomyopathy: Some types of cardiomyopathy of this category include left ventricular non compaction where the ventricles develop trabeculations. Takotsubo cardiomyopathy is another disease where immense stress causes failure of the heart muscles.
Treatment: Many cases of cardiomyopathy come and go away on their own. Treatment for other cases depends on the severity and symptoms. The major treatment methods are:
Lifestyle changes meant for a healthier heart.
- Nonsurgical methods.
- Surgery and implants
Modes of surgery for treatment of cardiomyopathy include:
- Septal myectomy
- Heart transplant
Implant devices such as Cardiac resynchronization therapy (CRT) device, Implantable cardioverter defibrillator (ICD), Left ventricular assist device and pacemakers are fitted into the heart for better performance.
Cardiomyopathy can be of many different types, each arising from different situations and conditions. The mode of treatment depends on the severity of the complication or on the basis of symptoms. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cardiologist.