Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. SivagamyYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from mouth ulcer that disturbs even to drink water. Please tell that how it will be ok. thanks.
Sir I have teeth problem. Whenever I brush I feel pain in my mouth and there is a problem of bleeding. Would you please tell me how to fix it.
Does painless oral ulcer which does not heal within 1 month is always a cancer, or something else.Please tell.
His mouth smell sometimes when he ate chicken what's the matter I am not getting please can you help me to sort my problem.
Iam 22 old male iam suffering from burning of mouth. What is causes of burning of mouth. Natural tips for gastric problem tips.
My jaw not open fully when i try to open but jaw muscle not support what is the treatment please give me only two fingers are going inside mouth?
I am 20 years old male, am going to wear a 3m espe clip, I want to know the cost of 3m m espe clip ?
Why are Milk teeth important?
As milk teeth fall out, it is a common misconception that they do not matter.
The primary teeth have a number of important roles:
• Essential in the first step of digesting food: chewing, biting and grinding
• Allow good pronunciation and speech habits
• Encourage normal development of the jaw bones and muscles
• Ensure there is enough room for permanent teeth to erupt
• Help your child feel comfortable about the way he/she looks
• Guide the permanent teeth to erupt at the correct position in the dental arch since the permanent teeth grow under the milk teeth
• Also, your child's general health can be affected if diseased baby teeth aren't treated.
Remember, some milk molars are not replaced until age ten to fourteen, so they must last for years
What would happen if milk teeth are not taken care of?
Tooth decay and disease present in milk teeth can cause pain and discomfort and can easily pass on to permanent teeth as they erupt. Milk molars remain in the mouth until around 10 to 12 years of age with lots of opportunity to pass decay on to their new permanent neighbors. If it spreads to the root, an infection in a decayed milk tooth can damage the developing permanent tooth lying directly underneath. Consequently, the permanent tooth may erupt either in the wrong position or may not erupt at all i.e. it may remain embedded in the gums.
Why a Pediatric Dentist?
In the same way that paediatricians are trained to meet a child's medical needs, a paediatric dental specialist is uniquely qualified to protect your child's oral health. Paediatric dentists have an additional two to three years of training at university paediatric facilities in addition to four year of dental study. They know how to deal with the behavioural aspects of children, how to make them feel comfortable, and to make the experience pleasant. Also, they are trained and qualified to treat special needs patients. Paediatric dentists have a holistic approach of handling a child patient whereby the dental visit becomes a pleasant experience and not a nightmare. The very reason they are well versed with the psychology of the child which aids in execution of treatment effectively & efficiently simultaneously instilling a positive dental attitude in those little ones
While we all dream of a white set of pearly teeth that can be flashed off when we smile, in reality, there are lot of oral problems that do not allow you to do so. There could be stains on the teeth, swollen or bleeding gums, bad breath and the list goes on. All of these can be easily managed by following some regular oral hygiene practices. While most people do not realize, the gums hold the teeth in place and are very essential for overall dental and oral health.
- Brushing: A much despised activity, this is one habit that should start early in life and continued through life. The benefits of good brushing, practiced at least twice a day, cannot be underestimated. While it is advisable to brush with each meal that was soft and sticky, it may seem impractical. An alternate is to rinse off with each meal thoroughly to prevent sticking of foods to the teeth. Twice a day brushing is mandatory. Check with your doctor on the correct technique, to avoid damage to tooth structure.
- Rinses: Each meal should be followed by a thorough rinse to clear the tooth surfaces of foods that may stick to it and continue to cause damage. Where possible, an antibacterial mouth rinse should be used. If not, plain water is a good substitute.
- Flossing: While brushing takes care of the tooth surfaces, there are surfaces between the teeth which escape cleaning via brushing. Flossing is advisable for these areas and should be done at least once daily.
- Gum massage: After each brushing session, do a plain finger massage that will help in improving blood circulation and improve the health of gums.
- Fluoride: If you know that you are highly prone to caries, then using fluoridated toothpastes or fluoride pastes should be a good option to reduce incidence of caries.
- Scaling: A professional cleaning at a dental clinic at least once in 6 months is a must. This will help identify any early decay and also remove dirt and plaque from the tooth, leaving it healthy and free of infection.
The gums, as noted earlier, are extremely important to keep the teeth in place. Weakened gum health as indicated by swelling, bleeding, or redness should be immediately checked by a dentist and treated. The health of the periodontal fibers helps hold the teeth firmly in place. Damaged fibers can also lead to tooth mobility and eventual tooth loss. So, when gum disease is suspected, it is always advisable to visit a dentist and get them checked and cleaned if necessary.
These are some oral health practices which must be started early in life and followed religiously to get rich dividends.