Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
My gums hurt whenever i chew food a lot. And the pain is unbearable. I have been using sensodyne toothpaste rapid relief for more than a year. I also tried using rexidine m gel but the pain does not go. What do i do??
I am very fat and all body parts are very mainly and my teeth is dirty I tried many tooth powder but not effects.
I am 30 yrs old. Can i go for braces at this age and how long it takes to get it and how much do they charge?
Jaw Bone substitutes are costly because IMPLANTS were DELAYED.
Implants are expensive because ROOT CANAL TREATMENT was AVOIDED.
Root Canal Treatment is taxing because CAVITIES WERE NOT FILLED IN TIME.
Cavities were not filled because of the LAZINESS TO VISIT DENTIST EVERY 3 MONTHS.
DENTISTRY IS NOT EXPENSIVE.IRRESPONSIBILITY IS!
Preservation is the rule,
Recreation is a custom!
My tongue has white spot surrounded by red area. It's been over a week now. They appear one at a time or once they heal another area of the tongue become like that. It's burning a lot whenever that area touches my teeth. The spots are smaller in size.
I hve sensitivity in teeth. Firstly only cold feel. But from last few weeks hot also feeling. Wht to do. Will you please suggest.
Small painful mouth sores can be anywhere in the mouth lips, soft palate, hard palate, cheeks, gum base, tongue and even on the roof of the mouth. When situated inside the mouth, they can cause pain during eating or swallowing, especially with hot or spicy foods. A bigger cause for concern is that these mouth sores or mouth ulcers or canker sores could be an indication of an underlying health condition. A lot of chronic diseases, including HIV, herpes, and syphilis, manifest themselves as mouth sores. The following are some of the health conditions to watch out for when you have mouth sores. Each disease has characteristic appearance and so very often are easy to identify.
1. Herpes simplex (HSV1): The herpes simplex virus causes sores on the lips only which are usually painful with red blisters that last about 10 to 14 days. These are caused by herpes simplex virus type 1 and the sores appear about 20 days after contracting the virus. Also, once they enter the system, they can cause recurrent attacks especially when the immunity is low.
2. Canker sore: The most common type of mouth ulcer, they are also known as aphthous ulcers and are usually seen on the soft tissues of the mouth (not the hard palate or the gum base). These are generally innocuous and heal within 5 to 7 days. Do reach out for medical help if there are more than 5 to 6 bouts of canker sores in a year.
3. Oral thrush: Also known as candidiasis, this is where there are whitish lesions on the tongue and the insides of the mouth. Candida is a fungus that is normally present in the mouth, but when the immune system is weakened, it can lead to an infection, orally manifested as white lesions. These are typical and appear in toddlers and in patients with anemia, diabetes, HIV/AIDS, or cancer patients on chemotherapy.
4. HIV/AIDS: Another disease which first can be diagnosed in the mouth is HIV/AIDS. In the first stages of infection, known as acute retroviral syndrome, where the first symptoms of the disease begin to manifest, oral ulcers are one of the first symptoms. With the other associated symptoms, more workup for diagnosis should be done followed by appropriate treatment.
5. Oral cancers: The lining of the inside of the mouth can develop cancer and usually it appears in the form of chronic non healing ulcer that just does not go away. Seen anywhere in the mouth, nonhealing ulcers are a cause for concern and should be investigated and treated.
As seen above, mouth sores may be harmless often, but in some cases, may have something more to tell about the health in some cases.
I just met with an accident in November I got stretches near to mouth and it get swell little bit and near shoulder it has swell so it is not going injury are clear but that marks and swell are like that only so is there any treatment and please say some medicine.
When I eat sweets and drink cool water I will get teeth pain and bleeding. Why? please give me remedy for that.
I'm a boy 16 years old I do brush every day then also I have a problem of halitosis. It is genetically please reply.
Hello doctors, I found out that I have wisdom teeth erupting and its very painful even when I make any movement and i am unable to eat anything. Please suggest me any pain killer or gel? Thank you.
I am troubling with ulcers inside of my mouth it's comes in every month for four to five days please any suggestions.
My dentist has advised me to go for 5 root canal with crown placing for my teeth. The cost of crown is very expensive here. Each crown costs around Rs 5000 minimum. Can i just do Root Canal Treatment now and leave the crown out for some years and then later get the crowns done? I am in financial difficulty right now so dont know whether this is advisable or not since i have pain in 3 tooth right now.
Tongue cleaning is as important as brushing and flossing. Use of a proper tongue scraper every morning will remove tongue plaque and freshen your breath.