Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Sheamin AktharYour feedback matters!
Last year I went for my regular check up. In the scan report, they mentioned I have got 1 inch fibroid. What should i do now?
I am 3 months pregnant and my first trimester is completed now slowly I am going to enter in 2 trimester. I was eating only two tablets yet as per doctor suggestion becoz I am having yellow discharge. Which is still not going is it ok for me or it may cause any problem for me. everyday I saw it. I am eating medicine daily but there is no change I had taken a course of 6 injection. Maintain 500. My tablet is folic acid and progesterone sustained release. I will eat them for 15 days more becoz doctor said to me. Plaese advice me I am going to right path or not.
I am 27 years female. I am pregnant and plan to take flight in my 33rd week. Baby growth and all other reports are normal till date. How safe is it to fly in 33rd week. Or is train a better solution? I read that at higher altitude radiations increase so can there be as threat to baby in womb or any other problem? Flight is of 2 hours. Please suggest.
Consume buttermilk everyday in afternoon to stay away from the bad effects of heat caused due to summer. Make sure it is not too sour and dont put ice in it. Adding little salt for taste is benificial.
She works in a software company and daily she comes back to home very tired. She doesn't feel energetic after coming from office, what she suppose to do?
side had unprotected sex 3 days before her period that is on oct 24. She got her period on Oct 27. This month her period is late. Is there any chance of getting pregnant?
I am suffering from hirsutism and PCOD from past 13 years. I am struggling with my obesity. I regularly take glycomet 1gm, krimson35, aldactone 100. As I stop taking these medicines my menstruations stops, I start growing facial hair and gain weight. Now I am 25 years old. How long Shall I have to continue these medicines? Are they harmful? I can to get rid of these medicines as I have been taking them from past 13 years. Is there any permanent remedy? What are the side effects of these medicines? Where shall I get the best treatment in India for hirsutism and PCOD? Please help me. I am very tensed and feel depressed with these issues. Please please help me Doctor.
I miss my periods from last 2 months. Suddenly I have urin infection I do pregnancy test which is negative do I am pregnant?
We have been married for 3 yrs bt unable to have intercourse with my wife as she is scared and her vagina size is too small please suggest what can we do we planning for baby also.
Is there any chance of pregnancy after getting period? Would prega news give reliable result after 40 days of sex?
Salivary gland produce saliva, which keeps the mouth hydrated. It softens and moistens the food that you chew while eating. Saliva also has a slight digestive function. Most of the times, tumors that form on the glands are noncancerous. But sometimes, they might be cancerous. There are three main salivary: parotid glands, submandibular glands and sublingual glands.
Salivary gland cancer falls under the category of mouth cancers. The symptoms of salivary gland cancer include:
- A lump or mass in the neck, face or mouth.
- Pain in one area of the face, mouth or neck (know more about to deal with neck pain)
- There is a noticeable difference in the shape or size of the right and the left sides of the face.
- Feeling numb and weakness on either side of the face.
The risks of salivary gland cancer are as follows:
- Exposure to industrial radioactive chemicals
- Diets high in animal fat but very low in vegetables and fruits
- Consumption of alcohol and smoking, or chewing tobacco
- Genetics or hereditary factors
The two most Ayurvedic treatment for salivary gland tumours are Arogyavardhini Vati and Punarnavadi Guggulu:
- Arogyavardhini Vati: Arogyavardhini Vati is the best Ayurvedic remedy for digestive conditions. Salivary gland tumors do end up affecting digestion. This remedy is beneficial for such. Arogyavardhini must be taken cautiously since it has potent metal (mercury, sulphur, iron, mica and copper) ingredients. It balances the vata, kapha and pitta doshas in the body. Do not take this medicine if you're pregnant or lactating.
- Punarnavadi Guggulu: Punarnavadi Guggulu is available in tablet form. It balances the vata and kapha dosha in the body. This medicines must be consumed carefully. The Ayurvedic practitioner must measure your doses strictly. Pregnant, lactating women and children must not consume this remedy.
Besides the two remedies, hot packs bring much relief, if you have pain in your face. Practicing Yoga and Pranayama daily can help the body flush out the ama (toxins) from the body.