Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sheamin Akthar
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sheamin AktharYour feedback matters!
The pressing urge to do loads in a short span of time, to plan life in a day, to see dreams unfurl into reality at the slightest of efforts inundates millions across the world. It is neither about the goals one sets before oneself nor about rational expectations arising from the awareness of one's capabilities. The problem runs deeper. Happiness and health are two elemental factors discerning the quality of your life. Happiness is directly proportional to your personal health. Neglecting one will affect the other. The best way to cope in the given situation is to take a detour from the overriding rat race. While others are in a hurry, you must slow down and care to nurture your mind and body.
Take a look at the benefits of slowing down:
- It will give you ample time to interact: Moving out of your comfort zone in order to exchange ideas with colleagues or friends plays an eminent role in shaping your personality. Interaction provides a person with food for thought. Therefore slowing down a little will encourage a free flow of countless ideas.
- It will encourage you to pursue a hobby: Hobbies keep you alive. You should take out time to pursue an interest. This is a tried and tested way of rekindling happiness in one's life.
- It will make you attentive towards others: A fast life shelters you within its clutches. You fail to take note of the changes in and around you. Going slow will let you take care of your loved ones.
- It will enable you to see your inimitability: Once you slow down, you'll find time to introspect and retrospect as well. A person can come to realize how unique he or she is in this vast scope of things.
- It will improve your sex life: Dopamine is the chief chemical that regulates a person's sexual desires. Increased levels of stress can hamper the production of dopamine making you lax about sex. Taking an easy pace can add zing to your sex life.
- It will keep your heart healthy: Being overly hyper about delay subjects you to the risk of heart diseases. You should never be frantic about plans; this can lead to high blood pressure or can even cause severe harm to your heart health. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.
Your diet is missing in multiple nutrients hence not able to protect itself from dis-eases. Your body does not get enough supply of nutrients and due to pollution (environmental, water, food, air quality, soil, chemicals used outside and inside home etc.) the nutrients are exhausted faster and the requirement increases multifolds.
The remedy is to eat as many fruits and veg in a day - fresh, juiced (but un-strained) or as mixed fruit bowl, mixed salad etc. all uncooked. Remember the antioxidants (protective nutrients – protect our body from diseases, valuable for preventing sicknesses, beneficial for protecting the body from further damage, if taken in sufficiency even reverse certain symptoms) are mostly present in foods which are in the natural form. So consume the foods the way nature produces for us.
Vitamins A, C, E & Omega are major antioxidants and should be taken in dietary and supplemental form along with Echinacea (herb) to boost the immunity, making you strong enough to fight the infections and diseases.
Therefore consume foods:
1. Rich in omega3 to counteract the inflammatory allergic response such as wall nuts, pecan nuts, flex seeds, chia seeds, mildly roasted or lightly cooked soya beans, canola oil, etc.
2. Rich in antioxidants such as all kinds of all kinds of berries strawberries, black berries, blue berries, bilberries, gooseberries, cranberries, raspberries, mulberries, etc.
3. Rich in Vitamin C and other nutrients - fruits such as oranges, apples, quince, pears, custard apple, kiwi, pineapple, papaya, pomegranate, sweet lime, lemon, grapefruit, passion fruit, mango, banana, apricot, lychees, rambutan, toddy fruit, plums, peach, avocado, amla, olives, cherries, watermelons, muskmelon, fig, guava, grapes etc.
4. Good food sources of other protective nutrients in different color vegetables like baby corn, beetroot, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, carrots, bell peppers / capsicum, cucumber, cabbage, kale, parsley, cauliflower, spinach, green onion, lettuce tomatoes, onions, radish, and more - eaten as raw - as salads....
5. Herbs such as ginger, turmeric, mint, coriander, celery etc
6. Uncooked sprouts of all the lentils. Some nutrients missing in the lentils or legumes are synthesized during the process of germination and available best in uncooked form especially for 4 from Vitamin B group, Vitamin C and many others
7. Warm decoctions such as green tea, herbal tea, tulsi tea, jeera tea, ajwain tea, methi tea, etc.
However, when you already got the health concern, your body requires more antioxidants then it would require on a regular basis. If your lungs and liver are affected then you should undergo a nutritional therapy for a certain period of time to get your health back.
Vitamin B is not one vitamin, but is a complex of 8 vitamins, which not only essential for a good health, but also enables smooth functioning of various functions of the body. Further, each of the vitamin B complexes has specific body functions ranging from iron metabolism to hair health to preventing migraineOur body requires vitamin substances, as stated by their names.
Vitamin B complex is widely present in food sources, and in someone who eats a well-balanced diet would be getting the required amounts of vitamin B complex.
Vitamin B1, also known as thiamine, is required for the body to make new cells and so has a significant role in the immune system. It ias also known as the anti-stress vitamin as it helps in improving immunity. It also is required for breakdown of carbohydrates.
Vitamin B2, chemically known as riboflavin, is essential for red blood cell production and transporting oxygen throughout the body. It also has antioxidant properties by reducing free radicals. This also has antiaging properties and reduces the onset of heart disease.
Vitamin B3, also known as niacin, is essential for cholesterol regulation. It promotes the formation of good cholesterol and so essential for preventing the onset of heart disease. It also is shown to have anti-acne effects.
Vitamin B5, pantothenic acid, is essential for fat and carbohydration metabolism. It also is required for the production of hormones including testosterone and cortisol (stress hormones). It is also beneficial to the skin by reducing antiaging effects including reducing brown spots.
Vitamin B6 or pyridoxine, has a major role to play in sleep and mood regulation. It produces various neurotransmitters like serotonin, melatonin, and norepinephrine which are essential for emotional well-being. It also has anti-inflammatory properties and is useful in conditions like rheumatoid arthritis.
Vitamin B7 or Biotin is known as the beauty vitamin, as it has major hair, skin, and nail benefits. It is also essential for glucose level maintenance. It assumes great importance in pregnancy as it is important for normal growth of the baby.
Vitamin B9 or folate or folic acid is again very essential in pregnancy as deficiency can lead to neurological defects in the developing baby. It also plays a major role in carrying oxygen to the cells through the RBCs.
Vitamin B12 or cobalamin is essential to ensure the other vitamins are functioning properly. B12 deficiency leads to anaemia, as it enables the red blood cells to carry oxygen throughout the body. It is mostly present in non-vegetarian foods and supplements are commonly given in anaemic people.
Watermelon white portion (peel) sabzi
Do you know that the rind of water melon is edible? the term rind usually refers to the skin or peel of a fruit.
In watermelon, the rind consists of two parts – the outer green skin and the inner white pulp. The outer green skin of the rind is hard and inedible, so it is discarded. The inner whitish part of the rind is edible, although it has a bland taste when raw and is not as soft as the central red part.
About water melon white rind it is said that is very helpful in relaxing blood vessels and lowering blood pressure as it has a high dose of cirulline amino acid. Finding a use for it also helps cut down on the amount of garbage you produce, so it’s good for the environment as well. So why to throw it, and try making its sabji.
It is very simple, tasty and easy to make. It tastes very similar to loki (bottle gourd), cucumber, turai all water based vegetable group.
My mom use to make it, I remember enjoying it a lot, hope my version is nearest to hers.
- 1 cup water melon white rind peeled and cut
- 1 medium sized chopped onion
- 1 medium sized chopped tomato
- 1 tbsp finely chopped garlic
- 1 tsp ginger grated
- 1 finely chopped green chilli
- Salt to taste
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- 1 red chili cut into big pieces
- 1 tsp. Mango powder
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- A pinch of asafoetida
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- Ingredients for gravy
- Heat the oil in pan on medium high heat. Add asafetida, cumin seeds and dry red chili, let it splutter till it stops.
- Add the grated ginger, garlic chopped onions and saute until it turns transparent.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, peeled and chopped water melon white rind, salt, turmeric powder, red chili powder, mango powder and green chillies. Mix well.
- Do not add water because water melon rind is cooked in its own water.
- Cover the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, on low flame for 10-12 minutes or till the vegetable is almost done i. E it should be easily pierced with a fork and most of the water is almost absorbed.
- Now remove the cover from the pan and lemon juice.
- Water melon white rind sabji is ready. Garnish with coriander leaves.
- This side dish goes well with the roti, parantha and poori.
How to have safe sex without any pills n condom to prevent second pregnancy early. Tell me the safe days n how should we have?
My gf and I had a physical contact yesterday. 14/4/2016. Though I was nowhere near to my ejaculation but my penis was a bit wet. I did a foolish thing by rubbing my penis on her vagina. What do I do now. Do I give her any emergency pill (i pill. Will it harm her in anyway. please ans ASAP. Thank you.
Hi. Am not getting my periods it's been two month's. I am not getting wat happened. Can you please suggest me wat to do. I took an appointment vth you for too. Evening.
Hi, I had sex in jan 2016. Then february, march, april regular periods. I also take krimson 35. But after april month I did not take krimson 35. May 2016 again my periods irregular. Again may 13, 2016 I start krimson 35. Remember had sex jan 2016. Any chance of getting pregnant?
Proteins are extremely important for your health. Protein is present in every cell of your body, it generally makes up your hair and nails along with keratin. Your body needs various supplements to stay healthy, such as fats and carbohydrates. These are called macronutrients (you need to consume it in huge amounts to stay hale and hearty).
Where can you find protein?
- It is present in milk, fish, eggs and meat.
- If you happen to be a vegan you can consume soy, beans, legumes and nut butter.
- Protein bars, Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, anchovies, peanut butter, tofu, wheat germ, quinoa and edamame also contain a high amount of protein.
Why should you consume protein?
- It can reduce the risk of diabetes by producing natural insulin and progesterone protein.
- The substance called hemoglobin carries oxygen to your blood cells. So without hemoglobin oxygen would not be supplied to your muscles.
- If you have a heat shock, proteins can help reduce the stress and rebuild your cells.
- If you have lack of protein in your diet, it will be difficult for you to move and can also result in paralysis.
- Since protein is present in your hair and nails, it also helps to make your skin taut and look younger since structural protein includes collagen. There are a lot of products available in the market like collagen creams; since collagen contains protein it is not possible that creams containing proteins applied on the skin can make your skin better. It is highly necessary to consume protein such that your blood flow contains proteins. This will make your skin seem youthful.
- After a surgery, it is important that you stack up on protein, because protein helps to close your wounds and make them heal faster.
- Protein shakes are also very useful when you want to attain a healthier physique after hitting the gym. During a workout, your body goes through a lot of micro-tears (wear and tear caused in your muscle due to contraction of your muscle). So taking protein shakes after a heavy workout helps your muscle tissues to be healed completely.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!