Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SharmilaYour feedback matters!
How much chance are there to get pregnant on 6th day of period? I ejaculated inside her. What precautions we have to take now to avoid pregnancy.
Sir/ma'am my wife period came on 26 april and ended on 1st may, we had continuous intercourse from 1st may till 11 may, I thought she may get pregnant, but her period came on 25th may. Is there any problem? please suggest what to do?
I had sex with my hus. And i am feeling so much pain in my vagina. And bleeding there (reddish brown colored blood) I ate papaya yesterday and bleeding started tommorrow morning. Bleeding more blood than periods time. I am I pregnant.
Low sperm count. This is most often the cause of male infertility.
Low sperm motility. Second most common reason
Abnormal sperm. Another common reason
Low sperm count should not be viewed as a definitive diagnosis of infertility but as one indicator of a fertility problem. A normal sperm count is considered to be 20 million per milliliter of semen.
Male infertility is usually caused by problems that affect either sperm production or sperm transport. Through medical testing, the cause of the problem may be found out. Roughly 2/3rd of infertile men have a problem with making sperm in the testes.
Male infertility affects approximately 7% of all men it is commonly due to deficiencies in the semen, and semen quality is used as a alternate measure of male fertility.
A lower amount of semen may indicate an issue with the seminal vesicles, blocked ducts or a prostate gland issue. Sperm count – 20 million to 300 million per milliliter is considered in the normal range. Below 10 million is considered “poor.”
Types of infertility and causes of infertility in men:*
* Male subfertility
* Low concentration of sperm in the semen
* Sperm abnormalities/abnormal semen
* Abnormal shape/morphology of the sperm
* Problems with movement/motility that makes sperm delivery difficult
* Abnormal liquefaction, absence of viable, healthy sperm,
Blockages or obstructions in the genital tract that prevent sperm delivery that can occur due to:
* Developmental disorders of the epididymis, vas deferens or seminal vesicles
* Scarring from inflammation
* Infertility caused by medical conditions, such as varicoceles and testicular torsion
* Genetic abnormalities
* Hormonal imbalances
* Lifestyle choices and environmental exposure.
* Idiopathic Infertility.
Initial testing will likely include:
Semen analysis, Ultrasound, Post-ejaculation urinalysis, Genetic testing, Sperm function tests, Hormone testing, Blood tests
Treating Male Infertility -
Assisted reproductive technologies (ART)
IVF, GIFT, and other techniques
Drug therapy for hormonal disorders
Treatment for problems with sexual intercourse.
I am pregnant last 20 days. Can you please tell me what type of food will I eat and how I care myself.
I am trying to get pregnant last 1 year but still not conceive. I have irregular cycle and no egg white mucus during my whole cycle. Can I take metformin without consulting any Dr. If yes then when should I start this med. And how many days should I take.
My wife has hypothyroidism and has been taking 75mg thyroxine daily. She is right now pregnant with 7 weeks pregnancy. We got her t3, t4 & tsh tested which came as follows. Please advise. T3 100 (97-219) t4 10.9 (4.8-10.4) tsh 4.33 (0.40-5.50)
After having unprotected sex with my husband .my period start with in 2 days and continued for 3 days. Is it possible that I am pregnant? And in next month I got period but with very light bleeding for just one day. Is it a sign of pregnancy.
Hello doctor, my wife's problem, dryness in vaginal, during sex within 15 minutes vagina become dryness. please give me solutions, and how to increase sex stamina/time in women.
I had sex my wife. And after24 hours she take unwanted72 pill. Here any chance she can pregnant? His period date is 14 dec but it s 21 dec but period is not come? please help me.
I have taken i-pill within 24 hours of having sex. Though we use condom. Is there is chance of being pregnant still?
I had intercourse with my husband after that immediately I had ipill as we r not planning child now. But than also I am not getting my period now pls prescribe some medicine to get periods as early as possible.
I am suffering from vaginal bleeding during sex because of tear at lower part of vagina what to do doctor.
Being away or oblivious to social media is synonymous to not following the herd. Social media probably is no more the latest fad; it is the given code to take a deeper look into the present age. The rewarding fact about social networking sites is their ability to transport us to people and places millions of miles away from us. This epoch dictates of overproduction and maximum utilization of labor and snatches away the boon of communication.
Below mentioned points showcase how social media addiction negatively affects our mental health:
- Peer Pressure- Social media use also creates the fear of missing out because you want to do what everyone else is doing. This evokes anxiety and will give rise to negative feelings and emotions, which again create mental health problems and stress and anxiety disorders
- Fatigue and Stress- When you are using social media, you are constantly switching from one task to another because there is just so much to do and see. This information abundance can tire out your brain, especially when it is received chaotically. Your brain needs time and room for absorbing the data and processing the information, but multitasking on social media makes your brain work overtime. This can prevent it from relaxing and it will become exhausted as it tries to deal with the barrage of information. Hence, the fatigue puts your mind under a lot of stress and you may not be able to concentrate on anything at all.
- Social Anxiety- Even though the whole point of social media is to allow people to stay connected with others, it doesn’t have the same satisfaction and element associated with actual human interaction, which is a crucial human need. In fact, in some ways, it is too distant and this is not a good thing for those who become dependent on social media as it can lead to social anxiety. Those who are already suffering from this problem will find it even more difficult to indulge in face-to-face interaction. Real human interaction can become extremely scary for people as it is becoming common to hide behind your computer screens and not go out at all.
- Distraction- Social media is just tailor-made for decreasing our productivity because you spend hours looking at everyone else’s life when you could be doing something else. This means that most of your time is spent on viewing photos, liking posts, and writing comments and these activities don’t really require the use of your intellectual abilities. They aren’t intellectual at all and distract you from activities that are such as reading, studying informational articles on the internet, etc. Your brain doesn’t get enough food for development and your intellectual abilities can decline in this way. Your brain will slow down and not be able to respond quickly in various situations.
- Insecurity- One of the major problems with social media is that posts typically present an idealized version of what’s going on in everyone’s life. Usually, what you see isn’t actually reality because everyone has their problems and issues. Nevertheless, you end up comparing your own life with that of others and think less of your own. If people in your newsfeed seem to be having a good time, it will make you envious and affect your mood negatively. Research has shown that widespread use of social media can demotivate people, make them aggressive and cause a decline in confidence.
So are you being adversely affected by social media? Here are some signs to look out for:
- Low self-esteem.
- Feeling low when you see other people's images and lifestyle.
- Envy of others people lives - wishing your life was like someone else's.
- Finding social media as your first and only choice of activity done for enjoyment.
- Not having as many face to face conversations with your relatives and friends and feeling disconnected.
- Being unable to do anything without feeling you need to share it online. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
2 months back I got married and I want to know if I do intercourse how many days require my getting pregnant? My age is 35 and my wife age is 34 until what age she will have pregnancy time and what age if can pregnancy can stop even after doing intercourse. Please suggest me.
What is cat scratch disease?
Cat scratches and bites can cause cat scratch disease, a bacterial infection carried in cat saliva. Research suggests a cat may get these bacteria from fleas. The bacteria are passed from an infected cat to a human after the cat licks an open wound or bites or scratches human skin hard enough to break the surface of the skin. Kittens younger than one year of age are more likely to scratch, increasing the likelihood of infection.
What causes cat scratch disease?
Cat scratch disease is caused by a bacterium carried in the cat saliva. The bacteria are passed from an infected cat to a human after the cat licks an open wound or bites or scratches human skin hard enough to break the surface of the skin.
Who is at risk for cat scratch disease?
Factors that can increase your risk for getting cat scratch disease include:
- Being around cats on a routine basis, especially kittens that are more playful and apt to accidentally scratch you
- Not cleaning scratches or bites from a cat as soon as you get them
- Allowing a cat to lick any open wounds that you have
- Being around a flea infestation
What are the symptoms of cat scratch disease?
These are the most common symptoms of cat scratch disease:
- A cat bite or scratch that becomes reddened or swollen within a few days and does not heal or worsens over time
- Painful or swollen glands, especially under the arms (if scratched on the arm or hand), or in the groin (if scratched on the foot or leg)
- Flu-like symptoms including headache, decreased appetite, fatigue, joint pain, or fever
- Body rash
The symptoms of cat scratch disease may look like other conditions or medical problems. Always see your healthcare provider for a diagnosis.
How is cat scratch disease diagnosed?
Diagnosis is based on a complete history, including a history of being scratched by a cat or kitten, a physical exam, and sometimes blood tests.
How is cat scratch disease treated?
Your healthcare provider will figure out the best treatment based on:
- How old you are
- Your overall health and medical history
- How sick you are
- How well you can handle specific medicines, procedures, or therapies
- How long the condition is expected to last
- Your opinion or preference
Treatment may include:
- Antibiotics (to treat the infection)
- Caring for the symptoms that result from the infection. In most cases, no antibiotics are needed, and the infection will clear on its own.
What are the complications of cat scratch fever?
Most healthy people don’t have complications from cat scratch fever. However, people whose immune systems are weak (such as those who have HIV/AIDS, are receiving chemotherapy, or have diabetes) can have complications such as:
- Bacillary angiomatosis. A skin disorder characterized by red, elevated lesions surrounded by a scaly ring. This condition may become a more widespread disorder that involves internal organs.
- Parinaud's oculoglandular syndrome. A condition that involves a red, irritated and painful eye similar to conjunctivitis (pink eye), fever, and swollen lymph nodes in front of the ear on the same side
Can cat scratch disease be prevented?
Avoid being scratched or bitten by cats or kittens. If scratched or bitten, wash the area right away with soap and water. Do not allow cats to lick wounds you may have.
When should I call my healthcare provider?
If a cat scratch or bite becomes red or swollen and you develop flu-like symptoms, including headache, decreased appetite, fatigue, joint pain, or fever, contact your healthcare provider.
Key points about cat scratch fever
Cat scratch disease is an infection caused by a bacterium in cat saliva.
- The disease causes redness and swelling at the site of a cat scratch or bite, and flu-like symptoms.
- If you are scratched or bitten by a cat or kitten, it is important to promptly wash the area with soap and water.
- Cat scratch disease can be treated by antibiotics.