Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shanthi RangarajanYour feedback matters!
Severe hereditary heart imperfection commonly becomes obvious soon after the birth of a child or at some point in the first few months of its life. It is a tragic condition in children and some of the symptoms that are associated with the heart imperfections include rapid breathing, grunting while breathing, swelling of the abdomen, legs and areas around the eyes of the baby.
The baby experiences shortness of breath during feeding and in this way, the baby does not gain much weight. The nostrils of the baby also become flared, and they at times turn pale blue in their skin color. In some cases, the blood pressure of the baby is also very low after their birth.
Congenital heart defects are at times not diagnosed in the early stages of childhood as the signs are not noticeable.
However, some of the signs that are obvious and noticeable in older children mainly include:
- Children become short of breath while exercising or doing some activity and at times these children require frequent monitoring.
- They get tired in no time and have less stamina
- The legs of these children suffering from congenital heart defects tend to swell.
- The blood circulation in these children is very poor
- Holes in the heart occur and typically in the walls between the major blood vessels as well as the chambers.
Do Tests Regularly:
It is very important that a follow up is done with pediatrician regularly and the tests described are performed regularly. In any such case if the problem is significant, then it is likely that your medical doctor would refer your child to a paediatric cardiologist. The paediatric cardiologist is specially trained to identify as well as treat severe heart problems in young children, infants and even in young adults.
Medications Used for Treating Heart Disease:
The condition cannot be prevented and hence to lower the risk of your baby having congenital heart disease it is very necessary that women have a healthy pregnancy. There are certain medications provided by the doctors to treat this condition and relieve the symptoms caused. The medications that are used include Vasodilators to widen the blood vessels so that the blood circulation is improved, Diuretics are used to reduce the extra fluid in the body. The strength of the heart beat is increased by use of Digoxin, and irregular heartbeats can be prevented by use of Antiarrhythmics. However, these medications do not treat the defect completely.
Hi. My baby is just 15 days old ans she got contact dermatitis on her face as well as on whole body. Can I use soframycin for this treatment as prescribed by a skin specialist?
My age is 11. Pulsating headaches on back side of head for last 20 days. Taking migraine medicine and painkiller but no cure. Ct scan result normal. Please advice me what I can do. Thanks.
My baby girl is only 2 months old and she is suffering from cold and do not want to feed as she habituated. Her nostril is blocked and she is taking breath from her mouth. I gave her nasoclear nasal drop but it is a temporary solution and a sound is coming from her chest. What is the solution and how would I give her relief from this situation? A information I am giving that she is not doing breastfeed she feed from bottle.
I have 10 month old baby. He bites me very very much during feeding. How can I deal with it. Please suggest any solution.
Hii my son is 21 months old. He z 10 kg weight. Is the weight normal. He does not eat properly. He just milk all d time. Due to that im worried he z becoming week. How to improve hungriness in him please suggest.
Hi doc, my baby is 7 months old. He is hesitating foods even milk. 2 days before he got fever now he is alright. . But not taking anything. What could be the problem. I am really worried. Please advise.
My daughter is 3 months old. I feel to continue at least for 1 year My milk supply is very low please give me prescription to increase breast milk.
She don't eat any thing and wants to sleep all time and wants that no one disturb her and she likes to live lone.
You look your best when you wear a smile on your face. Everyone prefers a smiling face over a frowned one. Since we are talking about smiles, one can never underestimate the role that teeth play in the beauty of a smile. Dental hygiene and care is mandatory if you wish to secure your beautiful smile for years to come.
However, the global statistics for dental care suggests that we do not care enough for our teeth. 60-90% of children who are in school and almost every adult suffer from dental cavities. Dental cavities are pretty common nowadays. And yellowing of teeth can now be seen in almost every other person. It spoils the smile and makes people conscious. By ensuring a few dental care habits in your daily routine lives, you can avoid yellow teeth.
Let us discuss the tips and tricks to avoid yellowing of teeth:
- Say no to specific foods: Yellowing of teeth is caused by food choices including coffee, red wine, sodas, juices, sports drinks, white wine, coloured candies and other artificially coloured foods. It will help if these foods are consumed in less quantity and frequency as they are the major contributors towards discoloration of teeth.
- Water after every coloured drink: Here is a habit that you must inculcate in your routine, whenever you consume any of the above mentioned food items. Post every drink or food intake which can cause tooth-staining, top it up with a glass of water. When you swirl or gargle the water in your mouth, you remove the acids that get accumulated in your mouth. It is one of the simplest preventive measures one can implement to avoid tooth stains.
- Dental Hygiene: Our parents and dentists kept reminding us all the time to brush twice a day and gargle with water post every food intake but did we listen to them as kids? No we did not. Proper brushing, flossing and going for dental checkups at regular intervals are sure shot ways to keep your teeth healthy for majority of your lifetime. One must develop these habits quite early in life to gain benefits from it.
- Whiten those Yellow teeth: You might be at that stage of your life where inculcating the above mentioned habits won't do much good. The damage might already have been done. Your teeth are probably yellowish already and you have a history of dental cavities. In this 21st century, there are ways to whiten your teeth artificially with the many alternatives available in the market. One can opt for a solution, which can be done at home itself or go for a laser whitening which is now possible at a dentist clinic.
So there is still hope for those who are unable to share that smile with the world due to the yellowing of teeth. Nothing is irreparable here and the health of your teeth lies in your hand.