Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. ShanthiYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor, My baby is 13 months old. She weight is 7.5kgs, birth weight is 2.75, increase weight, please give me suggestions.
Hello, Doctor my baby is 1year she not eat food, im giving her rice all types dall mixed cooking food. She will cry while eating when iam forcing her and I am holding her in leg togiving food. Food like liquid so when iam giving food substance going in nose n ears. So please tell how handle a baby what kid of food shall I made to her n give me advice for her hunger. And her weight is 6.5 kg she is active but her weight is not growing. Please tell me tips n medicine to gain her weight iam worried about her weight.
Ma child is a downsydrome baby of 1 years 5mnth. He started walk frm 1 yr 3mnth. He talks in his language something n all. He plays nicely. He comes to us when we call. Can I know that my child is like a normal child? Can he study in a normal school? Can he be like other children?
Hi, My 14 months baby is complaining pain in his left arm, above and below. He presses his arm gently and shows that he has pain there. My kind requests to Doctor, to suggest us why he is having pain there?
How many days mother feeding continue, for the child age now 6 month plus, drinking water should we introduced in this age?
Hello sir I have given pentaxim for my baby at 6 weeks and 10 weeks and hexaxim at 14 weeks. Now im really worried regarding the immune status. Can I switch to painful vaccine for further vaccination. If I opt for painful vaccine for booster dose will the immune status be compensated. Pls give me suggestions sir.
My son 1 year and 5 months old he suffered from cystic fibrosis. Still we are continuing medicine. My son weight s only 6.5 kg. What can I do for weight gaining?
I want to lose weight and for this purpose I have tried almost all the weight losing products available in the market. But the are of no use and all makes me suffer from the problem of lose motion.
All parents expect their child to start going to school, learn writing and learning and do well in academics. However, children with dyslexia may not be able to progress at school at the same pace as others. The good news is that there are early pointers that can help a parent to identify dyslexia in the early stages. This can be helpful in training and support the child socially to learn and socialise normally. Dyslexia is a disability that affects both spoken and written language. They have a different learning style and when supported and encouraged, instead of mocked and insulted, they can become avid readers. The following are common 10 indicators of developing dyslexia in children, in general, and at school.
10 Behavioural signs to watch for in general:
- The child usually has difficulty concentrating and following instructions
- The child is easily distracted, seems to daydream, and tends to forget words.
- Poor personal organisation skills and is not very good at time keeping.
- May get confused between today, tomorrow, yesterday; east and west; right and left; up and down.
- Has difficulty remembering seasons, months and days.
- Tends to be doing something to avoid work.
- Seems distracted, and ‘daydream,’ does not seem to listen
- Requires a lot of effort focusing on things at hand and is constantly tired.
- Slow pace of processing in terms of spoken or written language
- Often appears withdrawn or lost in his own world.
10 Behaviours to watch for at school:
- Poor standard of writing and written work in comparison with oratory skills.
- Poor handwriting with badly formed letters.
- Confused easily between similar looking letters like m/w, n/u, b/d.
- Usually, messes up work by using close but wrong spellings and rewriting the same
- Mixes up words by using similar-looking words – quiet and quite, tired and tried.
- Same word is spelt differently at different times
- Poor motor skills and pencil grip leading to slow, inaccurate writing
- Produces a lot of phonetic spelling which does not change with repeated corrections
- There is difficulty in blending words together, and struggles a lot when asked to read out loud, can miss out or add words that are familiar in between
- Has difficulty connecting the story that is being written or read
As noted, these children have very inconsistent behaviour with very limited understanding of nonverbal communication. If these symptoms go on increasing as they grow, it is advisable to seek professional help so that support can be provided and the condition can be arrested at the early stages.
Sir meri wife ko fibroids hai please uska koi medicine btaye ya koi ghrelu remedies btaye please doctr.
I believe that my 7 month old son has some teething problem due to which he seems to have been defecating numerous time (loose motion types). Is there some medicine which can reduce the loose motion?
My grandson was born yesterday at 16 30 hrs. The doctor has said that the child had was gruntin and finding it difficult to breathe initially. After a few hours in the incubator and a few feeds this gradually disappeared. Should the child be checked by a pediatrician for anything specific and what is it we should look for and also what care should be taken.
My son has diarrhea after he takes any fluid. What do to stop loose stool. He had 7episode of watery diarrhea.
My 5 years old cousin has got liver swelling. His SGOT and SGOT levels increase to 250 .Is it will b corrected by medication. Or it will lead to some big disease. please answer me.
7-8 kg at 9 months is good weight at this age. It is not necessary to add powdered badam etc. The tiny particles of badam can cause problems. Wait till the child at least one year old.