Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. ShanmugasundaramYour feedback matters!
Hi I am 28 years old and I am going to get married in next 6 months. I am very much concerned about my penis length and girth and also erection time. It is only 3.5 inches long and 2 inches this. Girls are having higher expectations now a days. Please suggest me foods, medicines, exercises, treatments that can help increasing length, girth and erection time. Please don't give moral advice because girls get satisfied with at least appropriate size penis and I can't satisfy them morally. Please suggest on what I have asked above. Thank you in advance and seeking reply from every concerned doctors as this is a very important issue to me and others like me.
I got a throat ulcer 2 days ago and its really pain I want to know is it a sign of cancer I m really afraid im 21 years old.
My wife age 30 years has pcod .In year 2012 she conceives before that hsg test conducted which was normal. But unfortunately she suffers miscarriage after 3 months of pregnancy. Since then unable to conceived. Now doctor advice again HSG test which is very painful actually. Is it necessary that I undergo the test again? Pls help.
I am asking about black rice not white or brown rice, Black rice is complete black, Please answer my question.
Doctor of Mohalla Clinic told me I have chikungunya. The doctor didn't test my blood he just looked at my symptoms and diagnosed me and gave me 2 medicines for 3 days 1. Azithromycin Tablets 250 mg 2. Diclofenac Prolonged. I have just taken 1 tablet each, my legs and hands are aching and have sore throat on left side and everything is normal no vomiting, no headache, Hunger is normal, bathroom's fine. But I am afraid, want to get well soon. Please suggest something.
I am suffering from severe headache since 3 days with vomiting tendency. I already have migraine. So what should I do now,
I had tb before two year. I had a course of one year treatment. Now I am OK. But I have lost my interest in sex. Lost my erection of my penis. Please help.
Arthritis is a common musculoskeletal condition that affects elderly men and women. Joint pain, stiffness and inflammation are the most common symptoms of this condition. This pain can get so bad as to affect your movement and leave you unable to do simple things like walking up stairs or even simply turning a doorknob.
Arthritis cannot be reversed but with medication and a few lifestyle changes, your quality of life can be improved.
- Exercise and weight loss: Though it is difficult to do, losing weight can help relieve the pain of arthritis. This takes the pressure off your joints and increases the range of possible motions. Though exercising may be the last thing you want to do, it can help increase your flexibility and help strengthen your muscles. Aerobics, stretching and strength training are ideal for arthritic patients.
- Assistive devices: Arthritis can make a person knock kneed or bow legged. Wearing unloading braces, shoe inserts or walking with a cane or shoe inserts can help redistribute your weight and take the pressure of your joints. It can also help relieve pain and prevent arthritis from worsening.
- Eating right: Some types of food can worsen arthritic symptoms. This includes processed foods like white flour and sugar, yeast, chemical additives, gluten, hydrogenated and trans fats, milk products, caffeine, alcohol and tobacco. Hence, avoid consuming these foods and instead have a diet rich in fruits, vegetables, nuts and whole grain. You could also try alkaline foods like green leafy vegetables, wheatgrass and aloe vera.
- Massage therapy: A massage not only de-stresses the body, but can also relieve muscle and joint pain by improving blood circulation. Massages also help break up muscular waste deposits and increase the amount of oxygen circulated in the body. This helps transport nutrients to tissues and carries toxins away. Ideally, an arthritic patient should have a massage 2-3 times a week in the beginning and at least twice a month once the condition has stabilised.
- Supplements: Along with eating healthy, including a few supplements in your daily diet can also help alleviate arthritic symptoms. When it comes to rheumatic arthritis; the anti-inflammatory properties of vitamin C help fight arthritis by promoting bone and cartilage growth and reducing infection. Fish oil is rich in omega-3 fatty acids that help reduce inflammation, Vitamin D is another supplement that helps relieve arthritic pain by helping the bones absorb calcium faster and preventing further loss of cartilage. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a rheumatologist.