Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. ShanmugamYour feedback matters!
I am a 23 years old male and having cold and cough after every two months and having it right now too. Also a patient of Hypothyroidism with increasing weight and knee pain. What should I do?
I have been operated on for compression on my spine c4, 5, 6 two years back can I do yoga and pranayam for diabetes? especially surya namaskar.
Its been 3 weeks since my Acl reconstructive surgery using 4strand hamstring graft ,and I still find some laxity in my operated knee ,is it normal ?
I am 32 years old now iAM suffering knee pain and swelling last 20 days. I am using some pain killing ointments but no relief. What can I do?
I am a 21 year old guy. My lower back pains at midnight sometimes, I have to take painkiller to sleep again. Being an intern I work in office for 6-7 hours.
I strained my wrist 3 months ago wince I tried applying idoex, volini,etc however nothing helped I even tried using a hot bag on my wrist still the pain I there, what should I do now?
I am suffering from back and lower abdomen pain for the last one month, doctor suspected appendix but he is unable to give answer for pain at kidney area. KUB / USG done but nothing appear. Now doctor asking me to under go operation of appendix. Kindly suggest that will help me to solve my pain at kidney area.
Hi Dr. I'm 28 years old, 5.7 ft, weighing 65 kgs. I feel sexual urge a lot & get aroused quickly. It makes me masturbate a lot. I have developed ~32 inches of waist. I have noticed a considerable Decrease in my energy levels, Penal size, Girth & worst Hard Erections. Kindly suggest me a solution. Thank you.
I am suffering from diabetes for past 10 years. Also I have BP and heart disease. Now am admitted in hospital coz my left legs are swollen and some bad bubbles spreading across my legs till thigh. Please suggest or prescribe how can I release from that. Does removing of leg causes me to live longer.
My mom has shoulder neck and back pain from few years but it's getting worst. Now her half right side body is in pain.
I am a 63 yr old male. My left shoulder pains, not continuosly. Also my left heel pains for few minutes when I wake up in the morning.
Any mild fracture in the hip can give a tough time to people. A hipbone fracture or broken hip is mostly common in the elderly people, especially in women. Mostly, the reason is underlying thinning of bones. In addition, in any hospital hip fracture is considered to be the most common bone treatment in the orthopaedic department.
A hipbone fracture can be intracapsular (within the joint capsule), or it can be extracapsular (outside the joint capsule).
What causes the hipbone fracture?
As discussed before, the leading cause of hipbone fracture is thinning of bones. So if you develop osteoporosis, you end up getting a fracture in your hip, mostly when you fall. Osteoporosis generally means your bone density has decreased, and your bones have become honeycombed. This makes the bone more fragile.
Generally, if you have a fracture in your hip, then you will feel pain around the injured portion, you will face difficulty in walking or moving. These are the most common symptoms that can be felt during a broken hip. Mostly the intensity of the fracture is determined clinically via different tests like X-ray, MRI, CT scan etc. The treatment may vary and depends upon the intensity of the injury. Now if we talk about the treatment of hipbone fracture, it's mostly surgery.
Well, it will be smart enough to take prevention regarding the hipbone fracture. There are various kinds of guidelines, which can help elders to prevent a hipbone fracture.
How to prevent hipbone fracture?
- First and foremost, it is advised to adopt a healthy lifestyle in young age in order to build a healthy bone, which decreases the chance of bone fractures in older age.
- Always remember to maintain a healthy bone.
- Calcium and vitamin D both are very important for healthy bones. Health experts advise, when you attain the age of 50 or above, you should daily intake 1,200 milligrams of calcium per day and 600 international units of vitamin D per day.
- Exercise can help you to maintain peak bone density for longer periods, and it also increases the strength of your body and bones. Balance training also plays a pivotal role since it reduces the chance of falling.
- Avoid consuming of tobacco and alcohols as it can reduce bone density.
- Get your eyes checked every year so that you do not face any problem while seeing. This is because poor view increases the chance of falling.
- Keep an eye on every medicine you are taking. As dizziness or weakness can be side effects of many medicines, these can lead you to fall often. So it is advised to discuss your medication with doctors.
- As you get older, the chance of high or low blood pressure doubles up. So you should be extra careful while standing up.
If you don't feel steady enough, then to avoid falling, it is safe to use a walker or walking stick in the old age.
I am a 42 years lady. Since last 3 days I am having severe back pain. In this even I am having pain while doing something even while sleeping also. What to do?
As a women of age older 50 yrs. Do I need to worry about bone health? what care should be taken about bone health after 50 yrs age?
Can disc stenosis be cured permanently? And can the compressed disc become as it was earlier with Pranayam?
I am 63 years old, I am having knee pain in both legs since 2 years please suggest me what I have to do come out of this problem.
I am 38 years old, I am over weight with 15 kg, right now I am 65 kg, can you please suggest any weight reduction medicines, I have ligament tear on my right knee, due to over weight unable to walk.
An abnormal swelling in the neck can be symptom of various problems. While it can be something as non-threatening as a swollen gland due to a cold that can be cured with simple medication, a swollen neck can also turn out to be a cancerous lump in the neck. When faced with an irregular swelling in the neck, it is best to not panic or jump to conclusions until you consult with an Ear-Nose-Throat Specialist. The possible problems that a swelling in the neck can indicate are:
- Swelling or enlargement of the salivary glands: The salivary glands may become enlarged due to an infection or due to foreign materials getting stuck in them. While foreign objects or formation of stones in the salivary glands might require surgical removal, they can often be dissolved with medication and other non-invasive treatments. And infection in the salivary glands is often treated with antibiotics or other medication. These treatments can be prescribed and administered by ENT Specialists.
- Thyroid disease: The thyroid gland may swell up and cause a swelling of the neck. These are often called goiters in colloquial language and are a result of thyroid diseases such as hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism. They usually require a series of medication and treatment and are not considered an ENT problem despite the swelling of the neck.
- Benign cysts: Benign cysts can form in any part of the neck or in the glands, much like it can form in any part of the body. An ENT Specialist can prescribe a surgical removal of the cyst lest it turns cancerous later in life. It should also be removed in case it grows or relocates, going on to cause other problems.
- Lumps in the muscles: Lumps in the neck muscles are formed by injury or torticollis. These usually aren’t considered ENT problems and can be treated by general physicians and sometimes chiropractors.
- Cancerous cysts or growths: One of the most daunting problems posed by a swelling of the neck is the possibility of cancer. While thyroid cancers as well as cancerous growths in the salivary glands are slow to develop, a swelling in the neck should immediately be investigated by an ENT Specialist in order to rule out all possibilities.