Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. ShanmugamYour feedback matters!
I am 20 years old. L have a pain on my right foot since 7 days. I think it would be serious. Pls consult as soon as possible.
My legs are not strong enough and when I use to mood my leg same checking sound comes from knee evry tim and same is case with my right hand wrist joint why it is so?
I'm 40 year now and I have frequent pain in left ankle. Done xray - nothing found? Do let me know why is it and how to get over.
My mom hav a regular knee joint pain and wrist joint pain. She consult wid a doctor here they gives sum medicines of calcium named "Shelcal" Bt if she leave a dose of 1 day the pain again rises soo can you please give me the better advice or better medicine for that?
Sir pair me bhot pain hai aur mujhe match khelne me bhot problems aa rahi hai please help me thank you.
I'm suffering from back pain from last 3 year, my age is 25, after many treatment I'm not getting relief.
I am 45 years old I have knee problem since 3 months daily its paining badly I hav concerned with my family doctor but no improvement is there I hv taken all medicine but no relief.
I am a patient of still (arthritis), n suffering form last 13 years. I tried everything for my good health but not able to overcome this disease. please help me.
Sir, 2 months before I am operated for ACL (anterior cruciate ligament) reconstruction in sports injury center, Safdarjung, New Delhi. But till now I am having difficulty in walking, I can't walk properly and for long distance. So, I want to know that how long will it take to get perfect in walking and without any difficulty. I regular do advised exercises but apart this, is there any need for physiotherapy to recover fast.
My mother have a pain in both the knees, toes even she is not stand properly. she also have back pain in spinal cord (pathicha manaka. Sometime she had cramp in leg muscles. Doctor suggest her to take calgel but it is not work. Lot of types of massage oil she tried but not a single improvement so please suggest us right medicine She is 62 year old and her weight is 65.
I have back pain in last 2 months. I will get medicine's but its don't reduced my pain. Sir please say what shell I do.
Arthritis is an agonising and degenerative condition caused by swelling and inflammation of the joints that causes pain and stiffness. Whether it is dull, sharp, smouldering or a pressure that must be described as having a hammer crushing one of your joints, chronic arthritis pain and joint inflammation is a very common disease among many adults.
Here are a few generic tips to help the condition of arthritis:
- General and regular exercising: Specialists prescribe the use of a workout plan that guarantees certain activities and exercise routine. The point of the regular exercising routine is to guarantee mobility and flexibility of the joints and enhance the scope of movement for patients. In the meantime, working out helps in enhancing the quality of the joints and allows better strength and support for the body. Along these lines, they help in diminishing both weight and strain on the joints.
- Weight control and healthy diet: Patients with arthritis will suffer more on account of weight gain. To keep away from an excess of weight and pressure on the joints as an after effects of weight gain, stay away from putting on weight. Eat healthier foods that comprise of more minerals and vitamins while giving less fat and calories to the body. Increasing vegetables and organic products in the eating regimen is great for arthritis pain. The leafy vegetables contain anti-oxidants. They also have anti-inflammatory effects on the joints and bones.
- Hot and cool treatment: Simple and basic hot and cold treatments can improve things greatly with regards to arthritis pain. Long, warm baths or showers particularly in the morning ease solidness and stiffness in your joints. Use an electric cover or warming cushion around evening time to keep your joints free and use moist warming cushions. Cool treatments are best to relieve arthritis pain. Wrap a gel ice pack or a sack of frozen vegetables in a towel and apply it to the painful joints for fast alleviation and relief from the pain and swelling.
- Inflammatory and anti-inflammatory foods: Arthritis and joint pain can increase if patients continue using nourishments that have high inflammatory impacts. However, some might not have a thought of what the foods are or what they give to the body. One needs to abstain from eating fast and junk food and processed food products. Turmeric, the most basic Indian spice, has a chemical in it called curcumin that might have the capacity to diminish arthritis pain.
- Plan carefully: It is hard to tell when a flare-up may happen, making your joints turn out to be hard and swollen, or when you will try too hard while working out. Since you cannot anticipate these occasions, it is a smart thought to be prepared beforehand and get ready for issues before they emerge with medication and your emergency numbers in place.