Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Hi I have a 3 year old child, he is in play school. Before going early morning school he takes only a glass of milk and some biscuits or cakes in his tiffen box for break time, is it good for him. I am really confused about his healthy food schedule. Please suggest me, what kind of food I should give him during his schooling and after?
With the growing popularity of energy drinks among children, should I be concerned about my child consuming energy drinks?
My daughter age 1years 1 month still not start standing properly by her own. What is the best remedies so she could be strong.
Sir I have one doubt for my son. He is 7 years old. His weight is 28 kg before 3 or 4 months ago. Suddenly he lost his more weight. Now he is 24 kg. I checked his weight before 2 months 26 kg. I really scared about his weight loss. So I consulted a doctor and scanned his stomach USC. That is normal. But still he lost his weight. What's the reason. Please suggest me.
Please suggest what harm tusq p will do to my baby. Because this medicine has been recommended by a pediatrician only.
Hi My children has some problem in passing motion for last two days i. E yesterday and today She tries to push out but it does not happens, she cries a lot while passing motion We have given her milk of magnesia one table spoon today morning but it did not worked out Also given hot water in the morning and dried grapes also given but no use. Any suggestions?
Hello doctor during from last 4-5 months I got abscess on the underwear area. It comes every month and I take some medicine then it gone but again come after interval of month.
Now my baby 6 month old. Now I take blood sugar level and thyroid test. Test result BLOOD GLUCOSE (F) Method: GOD-POD=113 mg/dl BLOOD GLUCOSE (PP) Method: GOD-POD= 145 mg/dl Thyroid FREE T3 Method :ECLIA=5.76 pg/ml. Ref. Val 2.38-4.37 FREE T4 Method: ECLIA = 18.68 pmol/L.Ref.val 12.40-20.40 TSH-ECLIA Method: ECLIA = 0.093 uIU/ml. Ref. Val 0.44-3.63 Pls explain this test result. Which tablet I take .doc said eltroxin 50 mg nly. And sugar tablet not prescribe.
Sr my son is 2 years old. Since last one month he suffering from fever. Some time temperature goes above 100 c. Later we found that some problem in his stomach. That is some time the motion was very loose and the stomach was enlarged in all times. We consult with doctors they gave us worms medicine albensol two times, meftal and there after they gave him bacigyl - N, oflocin, endospas and zinconia. Last five days the condition of baby was good. The latrine was normal and there was a normal temperature. But from yesterday onwards the temperature increased above 100 c and the stomach size enlarged. Presently we are giving him meftal 5 ml only then also temperature not coming down. The temperature of stomach also high. We are worried about his bad health. Please give us some advice for betterment of our baby.
Is it normal for young children to stop taking or needing naps? My 3½-year-old hasn’t taken a nap in quite a while, but seems to do OK.
Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SID) refers to the unexplained and sudden death of a seemingly hale and hearty baby. This condition tends to occur when the baby is asleep and that's why it's also known as crib death. Although the reason for the condition is still not known, many experts have attributed the cause of the condition to abnormal development in the parts of the baby's brain that oversees breathing and awakening from sleep. Nonetheless, there are ways that can prevent the problem from occurring and which are:
- Always place your baby on the back to sleep - Sleeping on the back is the safest position that your baby should be in, whenever he or she sleeps. You shouldn't let your child sleep on the sides as he or she can roll onto the stomach, and may hamper the breathing process. You can place your baby on the stomach when he or she is awake.
- Place your baby on a firm surface to sleep sans of any objects - It's best to place your baby on a firm mattress to sleep while avoiding thick and feather padding like a thick comforter. At the same time, objects like toys, stuffed animals or pillows should be removed from the crib as they may get in the way of your child's breathing by pressing on his or her face.
- Make sure your baby doesn't become very hot - For keeping your baby warm during sleep, it's best to opt for sleep clothing or blanket made of light material so that it doesn't make him or her feel very hot. If using a blanket, it should be placed loosely over the baby and one should also remember to not cover the baby's head during sleep.
- Use a pacifier - Research suggests that the use of the pacifier can reduce a baby's chance of dying from SIDS. This is because the pacifier helps in preventing the baby from rolling over onto his or her stomach during sleep. At the same time, it's also believed that the instrument helps in keeping the baby's tongue positioned in a manner that keeps his or her airways open.
- Breastfeed your baby - Breastfeeding your baby for a minimum of 6 months can help in preventing the occurrence of SIDS. Several studies have revealed this beneficial aspect of breastfeeding.
Related Tip: 4 Worst Foods Ever To Feed Your Baby!