Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. ShankarYour feedback matters!
Hello My 3 years old child has not passed stools for five consecutive days. We have tried all means to stimulate him and also fed him fibre rich food but all of that was of no use. Please help. Thanks in advance.
My 3 year old is sick with a temperature of 100 degrees she can not keep anything down including liquids. What should I do?
My baby completed 11 months and his weight is 9.7 kg. Since 5 days he is passing motion like watery and paste form but only once a day. He vomited everything. We have visited local doctor he prescribed ofloxacin solution. And ORS. Vomit has stopped now but he is not eating anything except cerelac. Motion is still watery. Please suggest can I give formula and cerelac? Please help.
My daughter is 10 weight 31, has been given augmenting 625 mg, three times a day for ear infection. Is the dosage all right?
My 50 days old baby has caught cough and cold my doctor has suggested novamox and solvin cold .he is feeling very restless because of problem in breathing due to cold. Suggest me measure to take care of him including hone remedies also. thanks sirs.
What types of food I can give my baby as she is just five months and I don't have much breast-feeding because of very less milk. Other than formula milk what can I give her.
Me and my boyfriend enjoyed sex yesterday without condom. Is there any chance for born of child. We never planning for sex that day but unfortunately we do that. Any salutation for this.
I want detail about s.m.a. (spinal muscular atrophy). Please give me answer with its treatment , because my child born with that disease. What reason for this condition and where and when we create the plane for new baby.
Mera babu 9 month ka ho chuka Hai uske khane me Kya Kya dena chahiye. Milk and serelake sirf pita Hai.
Hi my 8 year old daughter is having severe deafness suddenly in left ear. Consulted 2 docs and are of the view that it can' t be reversed as nerves got damaged due to unknown reasons. We checked her up 3 yrs back, all was well then. Kindly suggest a way out for the treatment. Docs say there is no way out neither need to take any medicine.
My daughter is 2 years 4 months old. She has stopped feeding during day. However i'm not able to wean off her during night. She sleeps with feeding and wakes up 2-3 times in night. She is eating food properly. Please help me regarding this.
My son is 6 year old, a continuously bed wetting (one or two) by day one. What is the reason, how it goes away.
My 1 year baby's teeth still not came also he is not taking solid diet happily any remedies please reply with your suggestions.
Why it's important that your child's diet is calcium-rich
Calcium is an inevitable part of your child's diet. You cannot afford to skip it if you wish to maintain a healthy lifestyle for your child. It is recommended that children between the ages of 9 and 18 should get approximately 1300 milligrams of calcium every day. Calcium-rich diet is important for your child for a number of reasons.
- Calcium helps in building strong bones and teeth for your child.
- It is important in order to ensure proper functioning of your child's muscles and nerves.
- Calcium plays a vital role in the release of such hormones and enzymes in your child's body that convert the food he eats into energy.
- It is also helpful in causing the blood to clot whenever your child gets bruised.
- Since your child is continuously growing, a calcium-rich diet ensures an adequate supply of resources that help him to develop new bones that are healthy and strong.
- A calcium-rich diet is also essential as far as other bodily functions like muscle contraction, blood vessel constriction and relaxation are concerned.
What does lack of a calcium do to your child's body?
- Lack of calcium can cause bone diseases like osteoporosis in your girl child, thus exposing her to a greater risk of weakened bones and possibility of fractures.
- If your child is a young kid and his diet lacks calcium or vitamin d, which absorbs calcium, he is exposed to the threats of the bone-softening disease called rickets. It can cause in him bowing of the legs, muscle pain and poor growth.
- Bones are living tissues that change constantly, old bones keep getting replaced by newer ones and a calcium-rich diet aids this procedure. Therefore without an adequate supply of calcium, this process would borrow minerals from existing bones, thus weakening them and exposing them to increased risks of fracture.
- Lack of calcium also increases risks of cardiovascular diseases, damaged gums, high blood pressure, ovarian and breast cancer and several other infirmities in your child in his later years.