Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. ShamnaYour feedback matters!
Meri height jada nahi hai aur breast heavy hai and tummy bhi nikali hai kya karu k body shape me aur bilkul fit ho jau?
Sir, I want run 5km in 27 min, but I am very tired after 3km run So please give me advice to run 5km in below 27 min without tired.
I am a 31 year and my height is 150 cm, vegetarian. Over last 3 years during pregnancy and post pregnancy I gained weight and now I am 65 kgs. Which is 15 kgs overweight I guess. I started gym training for last 2 months. After doing hell lot of workout I am not losing even a single kg but just a few inches. I guess diet can be a problem. Can you please suggest.
Dear Sir, My wife, aged 49 years,has been suffering from severe Knee pain for the last 8-10 years and sometime cannot even walk.She undergone regular treatment since then. Doctors have diagnosed as Oesteo Arthritics. Please advice some available effective treatment so that she could get relief. Thanking you.
Sir I am 28 years old male having problems in sleeping during summer season and in morning eyes having feel much heavier.
Urinary Tract Infections are a group of diseases that affect one’s urinary system such as the urethra, bladder, ureters or kidneys. Women are more prone to contracting UTIs than men. They may be accompanied by symptoms such as a constant urge to urinate frequently along with a burning sensation in the concerned parts and pelvic pain. The urine may have traces of blood in it. These infections are usually treated with antibiotics.
Causes behind Urinary Tract Infection:
Urinary Tract infection generally occurs when the bacteria enter the urinary tract via the urethra and begin to proliferate in the bladder. Although the urinary system is structured to ward off such invaders, at times, the defense mechanism fails. In that case, the bacteria may evolve into a full-blown infection in the urinary tract.
Few risk factors are:
Female anatomy: A woman’s urethra is shorter as compared to a man’s, thus lessening the distance the bacteria need to travel to the bladder. This increases the chances of UTIs in women.
Using diaphragms and spermicidal agents for birth controls
A dip in the levels of estrogen post menopause
Abnormalities in the urinary tract that hinder the discharge of urine or cause the urine to travel back into the urethra.
Enlarged prostate or kidney stones that cause the urine to be trapped in the bladder.
An impaired immune system because of diabetes and other ailments
Using catheters (tube) to urinate is one of the common risk factors because of the chances of infections. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an urologist.
Hi I am priyanka 20yrs old female, I have a very short height 5ft 1inch. What should I do to increase my height? please help me.
My height is 5'8 and age is 18 is there any chance of further increase in height. What foods I must take and exercise etc.
I am 20 yes old and I have a lot of pain in my back and joints, is it normal? Some say its dangerous, some say it's due to extra workload? Please help me!
Weakness during sex. Penis not ericted properly during sex. What i do. Is there permanent solution, ?
Sir, mother has a problem of cervical and due to this she has severe pain from back to toe, since 1 month, she feels as the pain is running from place to place, mainly she has pain in joints. After late night it increases. Age - 36.
I am asthma patient and facing breathing problem from 20 days, even am using Foracort inhaler but can't breath out properly. Do I need extra treatment?
Bacterial vaginosis is an infection that occurs in the vagina due to an imbalance in growth of the vaginal bacteria; It is the overgrowth in the naturally occurring bacteria in the vagina causes the imbalance. This disorder is very common among women, especially among pregnant women. This problem is usually not very serious and tends to subside within 4-5 days. However, in certain cases, they are capable of causing serious complications.
Symptoms of bacterial vaginosis include:
- Vaginal discharge that is white or grey in colour
- Constant itching in your vagina
- The vaginal discharge usually has a foul smelling odour
- Burning sensation during urination
Vaginal bacteria can be either good or bad. Any disruption in the delicate balance of the vaginal bacteria can lead to bacterial vaginosis. There is no exact known cause of this disorder, but it is believed that having multiple sex partners can aggravate this risks. Other factors include:
- Douching: If you clean your vagina with water and other cleansing agents on a regular basis, it might cause a bacterial imbalance, thus leading to this infection.
- Multiple partners: Having multiple sex partners puts you at a higher risk of contracting bacterial vaginosis. This disorder may also lead to various complications such as:
- STIs: This infection may make you highly susceptible to various infections such as Chlamydia, HIV and gonorrhoea.
- Disorders of the pelvic region: Bacterial vaginosis may lead to inflammation in the pelvic region, which in turn may lead to infertility.
- Preterm birth: It increases the chances of premature birth
- Smoking: Smoking frequently increases the risk of a bacterial vaginosis infection.
- Unprotected sex: Having sex without proper protection increases the risk levels of bacterial vaginosis.
There are certain preventive measures that you can adopt to prevent this condition:
- Use soaps which contain no or very little chemicals to clean the region around your genitals
- Use latex condoms during sexual intercourse to prevent STIs.
- Do not clean your vagina (the practice referred to as douching) on a regular basis. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.