Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shaik Mohideen M MYour feedback matters!
My baby 6 month old just one week back we shifted yo cereals today we have given him boiled apple little banana and he vomited today after 5 hours now just given mom milk that also get vomited.
My son is 1 years old and he does not talk or say any thing meaningful. Not even a word. Is it normal?
My small grand daughter is not able to pass stools daily, and after 2 days complains of stomach pain. There are no worms problems as we got her de-wormed and stool checked. Result was" OK" The what is her problem of constipation and how can it be dealt with in a 3 year.
Toothache is a painful dental condition that affects many people worldwide. At times the excruciating pain can drive a normal person insane. Cavity and tooth decay contribute to toothache in a big way. However, toothache can also be an indication of some serious dental ailments that needs immediate attention. The following factors/reasons can equally contribute to toothache (mild or severe).
- Tooth decay: Tooth decay and cavities are synonymous to unhealthy teeth and toothache. Cavities can also give rise to awkward complications like bad breath. Thus, proper dental care and hygiene is of topmost priority. It is highly recommended to brush the teeth three times daily.
- Accidental falls: Accidents incurred during sports or games often go unnoticed and untreated. This can invite unwanted complications like broken teeth, infections or inflammations resulting in toothache.
- Unhealthy gums: Bleeding, painful and swollen gums and many other gum ailments can severely affect the teeth. At an advanced stage, this can lead to unbearable toothache.
- Bruxism: Many people knowingly or unknowingly indulge in Bruxism or tooth grinding. Bruxism can have serious dental implications. It exerts tremendous pressure on the teeth and the supporting tissues. Eventually the jaw muscles also get affected, with toothache being the inevitable consequence.
- Decaying enamel: Healthy enamel implies healthy teeth. Factors like excessive intake of sweets, drinks and chocolates play a significant role in enamel decay. This can have a detrimental effect on the teeth resulting in toothache.
- Abscess, a serious dental ailment: Abscess is the manifestation of dental infections, whereby pus formation takes place between the gum and a tooth. Pus formation can also take place at the base of a tooth resulting in toothache.
- Cracked tooth syndrome: A fractured tooth often acts as a catalyst, leading to toothache. The crack on the tooth is so small that even an x-ray fails to reveal it. Factors like bruxism, tooth decay, to name a few; contribute to the Cracked Tooth Syndrome.
- The wisdom mystery: Lucky are those whose wisdom teeth erupt completely, at a single go. Impacted wisdom teeth can give a person sleepless nights. Misaligned teeth are no better.
- Toothache and periodontal complications: It is a serious condition leading to shooting pain and inflammation. The inflammation and pain affects the root of the tooth immensely. It usually results from infections in plaque formations.
- Sinus infections: In many cases, it has been found that sinus infection can lead to toothache. Positioned close to the upper back teeth, the sinuses give rise to what is known as a dull ache.
Toothache can be an amalgamation of many factors. Thus, it is very important to go for periodical dental & full body check ups.
Sir, My boy 13 months old, he suffers from skin rashes about 3 months, small water itches happening all over body, please suggest me?
My son is 2 years old and he is still not learnt to speak? he says only papa and maa. Kindly advice.
My baby is 1 month and 15 days he is not able to pass stool from 5 days and feed milk properly but pass gas but not pass stool what will I do for him?
Hi Doctors, My son (Age, 7months, weight is 6.4kgs) potty is coming green colour. I am feeding my baby, as well as I am giving nan pro 2 also. Is there any thing wrong to my child? My auntys or someothers are suggesting like foods you cannot eat everything. Because of that potty will be green. So please suggest me.
My baby she was 10 months old has low muscles tone and not holding her head please help how to increase muscles tone and how she control hold her head although she do physiotherapy.
My 3.5 month old baby start drool a lot and also chew anything every time. I think he is teething. Can I give calcarea phos to him.
Hello doctor, From last one year I'm suffering from a kind of infection. Every time I use to itch at the infected place &at the infected place skin became black & it spreading to other place. I'm feeding mother if I use medicine can my baby get any kind of health problem due to feeding If no problem for baby means what you kind of medicine I can use.
It's important to teach kids about cavities at an early age. The more they know about how to keep their teeth healthy, the more likely it is that they'll develop good dental habits - and keep those up throughout their lives.
Here are some pointers so you can talk to your kids about cavities and how to prevent them.
What are cavities and what causes them?
A cavity is a hole that forms in a tooth. Everything we eat and drink, especially sweets forms plaque. If we're not careful, plaque can attack our teeth and damage them.
Why are cavities bad?
A cavity causes harm to your tooth, and it can also be painful to you. If left untreated, the hole can grow and get bigger or deeper. It may get so big that that the whole tooth gets damaged. If that happens, your dentist may have to remove it.
How can I protect my teeth from cavities?
Cavities can form if we eat too many sweets and don't clean our teeth properly. The best way to protect your teeth is to choose healthy snacks like fruits, vegetables, and whole grains. Try to avoid sugary foods and drinks, like candy and soda.
If you do eat sweets, have them with your lunch or dinner, and then brush your teeth right after. When sugar stays on your teeth for a long time it can cause damage, so try not to snack throughout the day when you may not be able to brush. You should also brush your teeth after an ever meal, or at least twice a day. And don't forget to visit your dentist every six months for regular checkups!
What if I think I have a cavity?
A cavity can be painful, so if your child has a toothache, schedule an appointment with your dentist right away. At the appointment, the dentist will look at your child's teeth and take x-rays to see if there is a cavity.
What happens if I get a cavity?
If you have a cavity, your dentist can help. He or she will give you some medicine to numb your mouth and make you comfortable. They'll use a special drill to remove the damaged part of your tooth. Then they'll fill everything in with a special material, and you'll have what's called a filling.
Remember that healthy dental habits are the best way to prevent cavities. The more you can teach your kids about good hygiene and serve as a role model, the better off their dental health will be in the long run!