Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Senthil RajYour feedback matters!
I have severe back pain. I don't know what to do. It pains in the lower back. And it goes to the right leg. I need someone to prescribe medications.
History of back problem from 20 years. Present position is uncomfort in legs every time, specially at night. Very Severe pain with pressure most of the time in legs which is unbearable. Little Swelling in legs and feet but it's painful while pressing them. Back is having less pain but legs are all time pressurized. Main problem right now is sudden pain starts up to the point of blast specially near ankle. Also unable to bend knees. I am looking for vascular doctor.
The human hand has multiple bones, tendons, ligaments and muscles which in unison help us to grip things and manipulate other objects to do our work. Within the wrist lies a narrow passageway on the palm side which houses the main nerve for movement of the nine tendons. These tendons help us to move our fingers individually and grip things or accomplish any task we want with our hands.
What is carpal tunnel syndrome?
Carpal tunnel syndrome is a condition where this nerve gets pinched due to a variety of factors and may have adverse effects. Some of the symptoms include tingling, numbness and pain with movements of the arm.
Causes of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome:
The nerve within the wrist which is known as the median nerve can be pinched due to a variety of factors:
- Movements where the wrists are always higher and in an angle: Repetitive movements of the wrists where the hands are always at a lower angle, can increase the chances of carpal tunnel syndrome. This is usually a workplace related problem and thus be caused by bad hand posture.
- Medical Conditions: There are certain medical conditions that may also trigger the onset of carpal tunnel syndrome such as diabetes, thyroid, menopause and other problems.
- Pregnancy: Pregnancy has also known to cause carpal tunnel disorder as it can alter the balance of fluids within your body. However, other factors could also put your fluids in imbalance and cause problems with the median nerve.
- Conditions that may cause inflammation: Certain conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis can cause the inflammation within the joints which might lead to the median nerve being pinched which in turn might lead to carpal tunnel syndrome.
Some Preventive Measures from Carpal Tunnel Syndrome:
- Breaks from repetitive work: It is important for your wrists to have a break when you are doing repetitive tasks that might cause carpal tunnel syndrome. Relax and stretch your muscles within the break time
- Wear wrist splints: These are support devices which can help correct problems for repetitive actions throughout the day while you are sleeping.
- Take pain reliever if you start having chronic pains: If your wrist pain is not letting you functions normally, take a pain reliever such as ibuprofen or aspirin and go to a doctor as soon as possible for a more thorough treatment.
From one week, I've been practising running for Police SI events test. Suddenly, now I'm getting severe HEEL PAIN & its quite painful even to walk normally. I did apply lukewarm water, cool ice cube, volini cream & even took Nise tablet but still pain's not subsiding. please give me your precious advice and suggestions.
If so, you may have cervical or Lumbar spondylosis.
Do you have tingling, numbness, weakness or pain in shoulders, Back, lower limbs & arm or hand?
If the answer is yes, then you may also have cervical / Lumbar radiculopathy.
Cervical / Lumbar spondylosis is the general term for age-related wear and tear (osteoarthritis) of the vertebrae and discs in the Spine . It is a common problem starting in the 30’s that develops to affect more than 90% of people older than 65.
When the wear and tear from the spondylosis pinches nerves leading to the arms /legs causing pain or numbness,
it is then called cervical / Lumbar radiculopathy.
Please must take traditional & result oriented, Ayurveda & Panchkarma treatment therapies before any Surgery for these problems
Are you looking for a safe and reliable treatment then Arogyam Ayurveda is for you.
Ayurvedic, Panchkarma & Naturopathy Centre
GH-14/ 1198, 1st Floor