Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Senthil KumarYour feedback matters!
Is it necessary to go for root canal if you have 20% cavity on jaw tooth or filling would be enough.
Is salt rinsing possible/harmful for someone with chronic mouth ulcers. Or even a growth that might be carcinogenic?
My mouth smells bad. When I talk to someone the other person feel smells very bad. Suggest me smethng to get rid off this.
I have blood sugar with the range of 200 on p. P. Now I have to remove broken teeth which is paining. Now what efforts will take to remove it.
Central incisor of my upper jaw bent forward. Is there any solution for normal alignment of my teeth?
Hi Bad Breath comes out of my mouth after eating. Why does it happen? What is the remedy? I do also have sinus allergy.
I am 20 years old, couple of years ago I started noticing I have smaller jaw and my teeth are protruding. Do I need to have a jaw surgery with braces or later will do the work.
Dear Doctors, I need suggestions for treatment about my baby girl which about to one year old. She is active and started to walk in 10th month itself. But still she didn't get teeth. Everybody tell it's not issue teeth may come after one year. I am not doing any type of treatment for it. Now I am worrying about it that is it any problem or lack of calcium or anything else. Coming November 10 she is going to complete one year. Please guide me and suggest any treatment if needed. Thanks, Avanish 9319312896.
I got a dental bridge done on molars over an year ago. After a month or so, I am experiencing severe stench from outer side of the bridge. I went back to the same clinic and complained, but I was told that as there is no pain nor swelling, it's all ok! I had been very sensitive to foul smelling of others' mouth. Now, I am with it perpetually! what should I do to get back my oral confidence?
What could be the reason for pain in tooth gum? From past few months I am facing pain in gums on left side it lasts for approximately two to three weeks then after few weeks or a month starts again and same cycle. What could be the reason for this?
Your mouth is the breeding place for various bacteria. These bacteria use the sugar in food and turn them into acids. These acids then react with a tooth, gradually drilling a hole in it, which is infamously known as a tooth cavity.
You might wonder why exactly this happens. When your teeth are subjected to acid frequently, the repeated acid attacks on the enamel, the enamel starts losing its minerals. The first sign of tooth decay is when a white spot appears on the tooth. This white spot is the area from where the enamel has lost its minerals. If not taken care of from the time this early sign of decay makes an appearance, then the decay just gets more serious and the white spot will turn into a cavity.
Here are some tips to avoid tooth decay altogether:
- Use fluoride based toothpaste and mouthwash: Fluoride prevents tooth decay from maturing. It can even reverse or stop tooth decay, which is in its early stage. It also protects the tooth from further decay and replenishes the lost minerals from the enamel and prevents any further loss. It also reduces the acid making ability of the bacteria present in the mouth.
- Keep a check on food: Keep a study check on what you are eating. If you eat too much of junk food or food which contains a lot of sugar regularly, then suffering from a tooth decay is inevitable. Try to limit those foods to maybe once or twice a week.
- Brush your teeth: Brush your teeth regularly, preferably with fluoride toothpaste. Not only will the fluoride toothpaste protect your teeth, the toothbrush will also take out any food particle stuck between two teeth. Brush at least twice a day or preferably after every meal and before bed.
- Use dental floss: Clean in between your teeth with a dental floss.
- Eat cheese: Cheese contains casein which prevents tooth decay or cavity formation.
- Visit your dentist regularly: Make sure you visit your dentist regularly to keep your teeth healthy.