Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SengottuvelYour feedback matters!
My baby has completed 6 months now, for last 20 days she is having loose motions. We are not giving any outside food except mother's milk. The pediatrician advised not to worry, it will stop on its own. First three days we gave econorm, but doctor suggested to stop it as the Baby don't have any infection problem, so no antibiotics needed. Baby is active, no vomiting. But motions didn't stop. What to do ?
My wife is 25 years old and having an 9 month baby. And she regularly breastfeeding, so I want to know the best suitable oral contraceptive for her in this condition.
Born baby on 4 mar16 discharged on 6 mar16. Checked by paediatric on 4 mar. On 7mar other doctor advised test in bilirubin found 30.6. Is this possible in a day. Or first doctor failed 2 diagnose. Baby was hospitalized for blood transfusion. Kindly advise.
My 11 month old son has had a phlegmy cough for over a week now. His only other symptoms are sneezing more frequently, and he's been a little more irritable than normal. No fever, no runny or stuffy nose. Its been hot here so we have the air conditioning on most of the day, and a fan at night. His cough seems to be at its worse in the evening and throughout the night. He will go hours between coughing and is otherwise normal. What could be the cause of his cough?
My baby is 7.5 months old. When he was 4 months old, I started nursing (most of the time) from left side and has not pump from the other side. We both were more comfortable from one side and I have not realized that I should pump the other side. Now, from past two months I have been trying the other side but he is refusing .and one breast is lopsided now. I have taken lactare capsule also for 1 week (2 times in a day) and started pumping the left side but now very little milk is coming from right side. However,the other side is producing enough. Can I continue breastfeeding exclusively from one side? I am really worried that it should not have any health side effects. I have heard that this might cause breast cancer in future I have also visited one gain in my place for the same issue and she said that its ok to breastfeed with one side and I cannot produce milk from other side. Please guide. Your response will be highly appreciated.
I am married and I had a 1 month old baby. I want to ask my baby is vomiting after feeding the syrups given by child specialist. Request please guide the cause and precaution to avoid.
My child is 8 years old. He has been suffering from allergy since babihood. Now he has been little bit recovered. But for the last 3 months he feels irritation in his throat causing cough continuously. After taking ascoril LS several times, it reduces but in the last week he had a fever with the same cough. Though his fever has been over but he still continuously coughing and reporting that his throat is being irritated, though he has been taking now Cherilos as cough syrup. What should I do to stop his irritation, pls advise.
My son is 56 days old almost 2 months, he having cough and cold ,can someone suggest some drops for him.
My son is 1 month and 16 days old. Last few days ago we saw some little drop of blood in his stool. Then we went to doctor. He advised for his stool test. We did his stool test and found mucus, pus cell is 10-12/hpf and occult blood is negative. After seeing the stool test report Doctor said, there is an infection in his stool. Dr. Prescribed Omnix-50 (antibiotic) and Gut-Ok twice a day for five days. After completion of medicine I did another stool test at another lab and found mucus is present, pus cell is negative, occult blood is negative. After seeing the second stool test report doctor said now there is no infection. Then we told him he has completed all medicines in time but we saw little drop of blood till day. Then Doctor told us, Don't worry, there is no blood in his stool. It is only some crystal radish or some what. We do not know what is this. We are afraid about this. Is there any blood in his stool and if no, then what is this red little drop look like blood in his stool. What can we do now? please reply.
My 2 yr 8 month old son has few non tender left cervical lymph nodes for last 3-4 months. Though he often suffers from urti, but these nodes persist even without infection. Should I be worried?
1. It is important to gargle with warm water immediately after nebulization. This measure is intended to wash out the deposits of drugs that if allowed to stay within the oral cavity, will lead to hoarseness of voice and oral ulcers.
2. Following the gargle, drink 2 cups of warm water. This measure will wash out the drugs that is deposited during nebulization on the walls of the esophagus. Thus avoid esophageal irritation caused due to the drug deposited on the inner walls of the esophagus.
3. It will definately help to have a air purifier at home to monitor the particulate matter content in the ambience. This will also reduce the frequency of attacks and enable relatively clean air for the affected, creating comfortable indoors.
4. Take time out to teach children on how to apply the inhaler effectively so as to be able to self-help during acute asthmatic attacks. If available, adrenaline shots of 0.5 to 1 mg may be carried on them, so that in event of severe asthmatic attack, a subcutaneous shot of adrenaline is life saving.
5. Be aware of early signs of an attack, point out these early signs to asthmatic children so that they may stop their activity and take self-help measures.
6. Do not wait for ambulances to arrive in case anybody is in acute asthmatic attack, sit the person in upright position, give them multiple shots through pocket inhaler or start nebulisation with duolin +/- budecort, if the affected person is carrying a adrenaline shot - 1mg subcutaneous should be given on the deltoid of either upper limb of the person.