Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SavithaYour feedback matters!
My 6 months old baby had fever and cough. And her heart sound with cough. Now she hasn't fever but cough is still disturbing. What to do sir/mam?
My baby (girl) is just one and half month old. Now she is given dexolac premium (other than mother' s milk). Should I continue the same brand for 6 months? or I can change it to nestle nan 1 or lactogen 1?
Hlo there I have a two month baby. He got an injection on the left arm at the time of birth. Now at the place of injection is somewhat hard and some old blood has come out. Please tell some cure to it.
My daughter is 9 month old. She doesn't crawl at this point. Is she responding late in crawling or is it there any problem in her legs?
Hi, I've a 5 month baby. I think that my breast milk supply is not enough for my baby. So I want to know how I can increase my breast milk supply. Means what food I should take or anything else to increase breast milk?
My baby is 7 months old and simce 2 days is suffering from loose motion around 2 to 3 times a day. Would like to know whether this is teething symptoms as I have checked and could not find teeth coming. What would you suggest in such circumstance ?
I am pregnant 8 months and my baby's weight 2.2 kg ,my question is this is perfect weight for new born baby?
My daughter is 4 months old and being both breast fed and bottle fed with formula milk as my milk is not sufficient for her. She is passing loose stools twice a day. Please suggest any syrup for proper digestion.
15 days ka baby hai bahot koshish krne pr bi maa ka dhoodh nhi pee rhi hai ab usko kaunsa dhoodh diya jaye cow mink or dexolac plss ansss.
Fever in children is a very common phenomenon, but still parents absolutely dread it. It can completely break your heart to suddenly see a happy, healthy child not getting up from the bed. Your first instinct when that thermometer crosses that dreaded 100 degrees F is to rush to the doctor for an immediate cure. That is probably the best remedy as a doctor can often catch additional signs of any disease that you may miss out on. Beyond that, here is how you can understand about fever in children better and how you can help. Technically, your child has fever when the body temperature crosses 100.4 degrees F.
Some children manage to stay active even then, but slowly get bogged down with muscle pain or other accompanying symptoms like cold, diarrhea, vomiting etc.
- Causes: Fever is normally caused by the body's reaction to fighting an infection. (That is why most doctors say it's a sign of a robust immune system). When the body's natural defense system is stimulated, the core inner temperature rises, thereby making it harder for the bacteria and viruses that caused the infection to survive. Most fever subside on their own but that's a tough thing to accept as a parent who only wants to see their child up and running as soon as possible.
- What you can do: Keep an eye on that temperature obviously. You need to find a doctor the moment the fever crosses the threshold temperature (101+ for less than three months olds, 102+ for 3-6 month olds and over 102 for older children). You should also see a doctor if there are accompanying symptoms or if you've given a dose of Paracetamol but the fever shows no sign of subsiding. It might happen at midnight and beyond, when no regular pediatrician is unavailable. So it is best to find out which hospital has an emergency center capable of handling such eventualities near your home.
- Fever medications: It is super important for parents to know that fever medications must be given in the correct dose at the right times based on a child's weight, age, and overall health. An overdose can lead you straight to the emergency room. Don't mix a cold/cough medication that also has a fever medication in it.
- Home remedies: Encourage your child to drink as much fluids as possible to prevent dehydration. Some doctors advise complete body sponging to bring down the temperature and this can be done as long as it doesn't cool the body too suddenly (there are contradictory notes on this practice, so do consult you doctor before your do this).
As parent, it is important you equip yourself with the right knowledge before you provide treatment to your child.
My 7 year old son is suffering for cough. He have allegorical problems and now a days he can't breath properly and both nose blocked. Different pediatrician doctors referred antibiotic. Still he didn't get any relax. So please help.
My baby is 7 months old. He is passing stools with slight blood from today morning. He went 4 times from morning 6 a.m but his activities are very normal. No fever. He is active. I ve started solid foods for him past 45 days. Is he allergic to some food? I gave idli apple juice rice kanji.
My Baby is 4 years of age having rickets evidence shown. What next steps taken. Would my baby do not walk properly in future?
My son age is 3 years old. during this climate he is suffering with breathing problem. He could not able to sleep during mid night and we jabe consulted 2 doctors, they are alll changing the syrup but not effective. Hence finally we went to another doctor he told that it will be cured in 2 days. So we are happy that our son felt better but after that we came to know that that the nebiloser put was contain steroid. Now can we use steroid for our child in this age.please help.
Hello! Doc. S Group And Good morning everyone. I'm 20yrs. Old and I have a baby also 0.5years old and I'm also feeding to her so in this situation Dronis 20mg is suitable for me or not and how should I use it./Doges for me. And My period starts from 6 per month.
My son aged 12 years is very thin but he is very active I am worried about his health and growth. Although he is a student of class 8 but physically he does not look like a student of class 8. Moreover how to improve his diet also.
My 2 years old boy having suff nose and also having cough. So tell me some home remedies or best medicines.
The inflammations of the lining in the bronchial tubes, which are responsible for carrying air from and to your lungs are known as bronchitis. It is a respiratory disease and more than a million cases are reported each year. Bronchitis requires medical diagnosis by your healthcare provider and can be chronic or acute. Cold or other respiratory infections can cause acute bronchitis whereas smoking leads to chronic bronchitis. Acute bronchitis usually lasts for few days but with persistent cough. Whereas, chronic bronchitis can be responsible for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
Symptoms of bronchitis:
The symptoms common to both acute and chronic bronchitis are given below:
- Cough which may form mucus
- Body aches and breathlessness
- Headaches, blocked nose and sinuses
- Fever with chills
The diagnosis of bronchitis is done by your doctor who will ask you about your cough. Some other questions may include your medical history, about smoking or whether you have had cases of flu or cold recently.
Treatment for bronchitis:
Your doctor will mainly recommend pain relievers and cough syrup along with warm air to breathe mainly at indoors. However your doctor may prescribe the following medications in cases of severe bronchitis:
- Cough medicine: These medicines will help to remove mucus and irritants from your lungs. Medicines may not be able to suppress the symptoms completely but will give you relief from pain.
- Bronchodilators: Which clears out the mucus by opening your bronchial tubes.
- Mucolytics: These helps loosen mucus in the airways and help to cough up sputum.
- Oxygen therapy: It will help to improve the oxygen intake when you face difficulty in breathing.
- Therapy: Pulmonary program will include a therapist who would work to improve your breathing.
- Medicines: Using anti inflammatory medicines to reduce damage to your lungs tissue and to also avoid chronic inflammation.
Prevention of bronchitis:
Acute and chronic bronchitis can be reduced by the following measures; however, they cannot be completely prevented:
- Avoiding dust, smoke, and air pollution. You can always wear a mask when you are on the road or in traffic.
- Washing your hands often to avoid germs and infections.
- Avoiding smoking as it can cause harmful damage to your lungs.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.