Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SavithaYour feedback matters!
Type 2 diabetes (T2DM) is a chronic metabolic disorder that prevents the body from processing sugar or glucose. The disorder causes insufficient production of the hormone Insulin (responsible for regulating sugar into the different parts of your body); or the body's failure to respond to the hormone produced. Although no cure is available for T2DM, there are several ways in which you can help prevent Type 2 diabetes in your child. These are:
1. Get your child to indulge in some physical activity - Spending about 60 minutes of the day on physical activity can help your child to ward off Type 2 diabetes. In terms of screen time, it shouldn't be over 2 hours a day. By doing so, he or she ends up building his or her muscles as well as gets rid of extra fat from the body. An active life would also help your child to maintain an optimal body weight with obesity being a cause of this form of diabetes. Whether it's a sport like swimming, cricket or basketball, or even walking and dancing, physical activity in any form can help in preventing your child from developing Type 2 diabetes.
2. Plan a well-balanced diet for your child - Encouraging your child to have healthy foods and making right food choices can also lower his or her chances of getting this metabolic disorder. Foods high in fiber like whole grain cereals and bread, lentils, fruits, and vegetables should be consumed. Similarly, foods low in trans and saturated fats like lean meat, chicken, yogurt and cheese should be included in your child's diet. Processed foods, as well as sugary drinks, should be no-no when it comes to your child's diet.
3. Adopting proper eating habits - It is not only making the right food choices that are important but eating right as well is vital for preventing the onset of diabetes. Having meals with fix portion sizes is a habit that you need to develop in your child. Ideally, half the plate should be filled with vegetables and fruits; a quarter with lean protein like chicken; and the remaining with whole grain. To accompany the meal, make your child have one cup of no-fat or low-fat milk. Desserts like ice cream and cookies should be allowed only once or twice a week.
My daughter Anaisha, 6months old. Having issue with Vomit, Continual Cry. Cough then Vomit most of the times nowadays.
Doctor. My twin girls are 2.8 years old. They are saying stomach pain before passing motion and sometime in the night also. Both of them are having constipation problem since starting. Very poor eating habit and not taking proper diet even if introduce new and attractive food items. Please advise what could be the reason for stomach pain. Should I do any further test? My paediatrician gave them loose syrup still they are passing motion tight. Please advise.
Hello everyone, I’m Dr Meenakshi Banerjee. I’m a consultant at Max hospital and we have our own clinic at Pelvinic. Today I would like to speak on the topic of fibroids.
Fibroids is one of the most common tumours we can see in the reproductive age group basically. So, people are very afraid of this problem. It is like a tumour, whether it will cause harm or what can it have a bad effect or pregnancy, fertility, a lot of questions which arise in our minds. But I feel it is a very underestimated and unknown fact. Most of the people are not aware of the fibroids. They are generally very insignificant tumors. almost ninety nine percent of the time, the fibroid may not cause any problem, may not have problem in causing cancers or anything like that. But I feel that fibroids have most of the, patients present with the symptoms like, heavy cycles, severe pain during the cycles. If the fibroids are very bog they can have pressure symptoms down there, the lower abdominal pain and sometimes when they grow out right the size they may cause severe pain and the patient can present an emergency.
So, most of the symptoms are easily treatable by the simple management of a pain relief or a treatment to control the bleeding. But yes, when the pressure symptoms or the symptoms because of it causing the infertility should be treated and you should visit the doctor. Most of the treatment of the fibroids if they are Asymptomatic they, they might not require any treatment, just a simple conservative treatment and if they are causing a problem then it might require a removal of the fibroid itself or depending on the condition, type of fibroid, multiple number of fibroids, they can sometimes require a removal of the uterus. So, knowing the exact fact of the fibroid is very important. They can be easily diagnosed by the simplest of measure like an Ultrasound and if they multiple in number then probably an MRI will be the best to diagnose it.
The fibroids are of different types, the most common being in the muscle of the uterus which is called as an intramural and they can grow enormously in size before they can even show the symptoms. Even the subserosal fibroid which is outside the muscle of the uterus, they may remain Asymptomatic for long. The most common fibroid which can cause the problems at the earliest, even the smallest of the fibroids, the fibroids which are indenting into the cavity of the uterus and the patient can have server amount of pain, too much of bleeding during the cycle and they need attention the earliest as compared to others. So, a fibroid may have different treatment probably depending on what type of fibroid is there, the number of fibroids, the symptoms, the origin of the fibroids and probably sometime when it is indented into the cavity we might require a hysteroscopy which is a small laparsocpe like instrument which we insert inside the uterus and see whole of the cavity and whether, what amount of fibroids is indented inside. Sometimes they may require removal by the hysteroscopy itself and if they are more towards the outside, probably a laparoscopy, which is a minimal invasive type of surgery, will be the best one to treat it.
For any consultation regarding fibroids and its management and feel the right treatment is required so you should meet with the right diagnosis.
My baby having 5-6 times potty in a day since last 15 days. He is 4 month 1 week old. Got treatment but no effective results. Help me.
Behavior of a child should always be closely monitored during his/her early development. Sometimes signs of several personality disorder. tend to show up early in life. Proper monitoring of the child's behavior helps to identify the signs and properly diagnose the condition if the child is suffering from any potential personality disorder.
Here are a few facts you should keep in mind:
- You might often find it difficult to differentiate between the normal and abnormal behavior of your child. You might consult the pediatrician in this case to compare the child's general behavioral patterns with that of other children in the same age group.
- It is very important to understand your child's development process. It helps you to interpret his/her behavior and to identify signs of personality disorder.
- There are a few common behavior patterns, which tend to act as a guide to understanding the behavior of your child. Some of these patterns should be encouraged as they lead to proper behavioral development of your child while patterns of negative behavior should be discouraged.
- You should also consult a doctor if your child shows negative behavior persistently even after disciplining measures.
- Being polite, doing chores on a regular basis, following instructions should be encouraged and rewarded as it helps in the proper personality development of your child.
- Behavioral patterns like an inclination towards defensive, regressive and aggressive behavior should not be encouraged but can be tolerated in certain situations like illness or in times of stress.
- Behavioral patterns like an increased inclination to violence or an excessive competitive attitude towards their siblings should never be allowed.
- Prejudice or racism, stealing or inclination towards substance abuse, angry outbursts point towards problems in the child's mental, physical or social well-being. You are also advised to take your child to a psychological expert to find out whether he/she is suffering from any sort of behavioral disorder.
- Your behavior also plays a major role in development of your child and his/her behavioral patterns. It is often seen that if a child is subjected to excessive physical, mental or emotional abuse or is engaged in too many curricular and extracurricular activities, he/she is likely to develop several behavioral disorders over time. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.