Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. SatooraYour feedback matters!
Calculus build-up before and after dental scaling. The sticky film of bacteria that can be found on your teeth near the gum line is called plaque. This plaque can cause swelling or inflammation of the gums, otherwise known as gingivitis. If the plaque is not disrupted or removed properly by brushing, then this sticky film containing bacteria hardens and becomes tartar or calculus. If calculus is not cleaned by your dentist, this bacteria produces harmful substances that can start to damage the bone that supports the teeth, causing periodontal disease. The best way to prevent gingivitis and more serious forms of periodontal disease is to brush twice a day, to floss once a day, and to visit your dentist regularly for cleanings.
I have facial asymmetry and Ive observed this since I was 15years. My left eyebrow is higher than the right. Left side of the chin is more elongated, muscles of the left side can be easily moved but not of the right side and the lower teeth are towards the right ie the chin is towards the right side. The midline of upper and lower teeth doesn't come in the same line. The right lower canine overlaps the upper canine. It is totally noticeable. Am 20year old now. Please suggest what can be done. Thankyou.
Dear sir I am 28 year old men. My teeth looking yellowish and also from the evening itself I am getting bad breath. I want to stop my bad breath and also wants my teeth bright. Please help me to do this.
My teeth are misaligned so after getting braces when my teeth are aligned and I have a proper bite so it will affect my jaw also . Make it look better .change it ?
Poor dental habits often invariably lead to complicated dental issues and hence expensive treatments. And, to maintain the general good health of your teeth, brushing is not enough. It is very important to regularly floss too.
Difference between brushing and flossing: For those who consider brushing and flossing to be similar, here is where the difference lies. While you brush your teeth, it's only the surface that gets cleaned. But the dirt that gets accumulated between the gaps of your teeth can only be cleaned by using a thin nylon thread, and that process is known as flossing. Avoiding flossing can lead to cavities and decay and also gum diseases at times.
Benefits of Flossing:
- Reduces the risk of heart diseases: Periodontal diseases, that is, diseases of the teeth, gums and mouth, can lead to heart diseases. Thus maintaining oral health can reduce the risk of any major ailments manifold. It can also help you to avoid the risk of diabetes and high body mass index.
- Cleaner breath: Flossing cleans the dirt between the teeth that gets accumulated when we eat. The accumulated food, if not taken out, starts decaying and creates bacteria and results in bad breath, leaving a bad impression.
- Cleaner and glossier teeth: Flossing regularly keeps your teeth clean and white. It also makes your teeth gleam, making your smile more attractive.
- Keeps you healthy while you are pregnant: During pregnancy, some women suffer from enamel wear and gum diseases. Thus, flossing regularly even while you are pregnant can help you maintain your dental health.
Types of dental floss:
- Waxed and unwaxed dental floss: Waxed dental floss is much smoother than the unwaxed version, and as a result, moves more easily between the teeth. On the other hand, unwaxed dental floss can be a little rough to use in the beginning.
- Teflon floss: Made of Teflon, this type of floss is extremely easy to navigate between the teeth and rarely gets stuck between teeth.
- Thread floss: This one works just like the other flosses, but is simply made of a different material, that is, nylon.
- Tape Floss: As compared to the other type of flosses, this particular floss is a little thick and is suitable for people who have wider gaps between their teeth.
You can also stick to flossing aids for maintaining proper dental hygiene. They are usually perfect for people who find the conventional forms difficult to adapt to. However, such aids may be more expensive than regular flosses.
You can also use a toothpick or an interdental brush in case you wish to avoid flossing. Just make sure that the dirt comes out, no matter which method you take up! Keep Smiling!
You can exercise for healthier gums as well. Gently bite down so as to make sure that your teeth make a clinking sound when they meet. Repeat this 30 to 40 times continuously. This exercise will stimulate the flow of blood and will keep your gums healthy.
I have to remove one of my rear side tooth due to decay. On removing it, it was found that the tooth next to it has a small black spot on it. Do I need RCT. Please advise.
Hi doctor. I am 24 years old. I am a girl. Actually I got my tooth replacement done 5 years back. I have got gap teeth so my doctor advised to go for replacement. But now my gums are swelling & my teeth doesn't appear good when smile. I can't smile or laugh properly. Please help me! I need it.
I am 25 year old male. My question is my teeth in pain too much, expline it why I can handle this situation and this problem effective on my mind.
With zeal of brining new tool to fight against the everlasting battle against Tooth decay, we bring in the SDF ( silver diamine fluoride). A great alternative for all those young ones who find conventional treatment difficult. Also, parents who are too apprehensive for fillings in early age, this is an excellent substitute. As rightly said, Interrupt to Intervene, Invest in your child's dental health now!