Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
I am 16 years old and tell me which is toothpaste best for removal of yellowish on teeth? and also tell me some remedies to remove yellow stains on teeth.
I want to get solution for yellowish looking teeth. I brush daily two time bit still my teeth look yellowish pls solve my prob.
I am 21 years old. I have problem in my teeth since 2 month, my teeth get sensitised. Please help me
Jaw is locked. Can not open mouth and also have problem of wisdom tooth on same side. Please advise.
Want to know the cost of root canaling and crown treatment per teeth and times it takes to complete the process.
Hello Doctor I am jayprakash I am 29 year old man I have teeth cavity problem last 15 days and pain what should I do please tell me.
Hi Doctors, I am observing there are bleeding from my gums for more than a month and they have swelling also. Is it could be because of my constipation. Please advise.
I have yellow color teeth from last one year. I am using Colgate tooth paste. I want to turn them white. Please help me to turn my teeth to white color.
Why I am having continuous mouth and throat ulcers, that too in regular intervals. They generally remain for 5 to 6 days during which I feel like hell in my mouth. No medicine helps to get rid of this problem. Even though I take very healthy diet with balanced nutritions at proper time and avoid junk food, I could not win over this problem. I am 24 years old and facing this problem from last 15 years or more. From last 4 to 6 years I feel severe gas and acidity and chest burn (not heart because it occurs in the right middle side of my chest, burning sensation, more on empty stomach, after meal, on sitting straight. I have taken care of food habits and only take the foods which is anti acidic, still these problems have become unavoidable. I am facing a lot more problems ehuch I can't explain here which are less or more linked to this. I have already consulted a lot of doctors and have performed endoscopy twice. But all are invain. They only provide pentoprazole and itopride medicines, some give antibiotics as my stool is mucotic and not clear in the morning. But the root cause of my problem couldn't be sorted out. Please help sir.
Any home remedies to make yellow teeth as white teeth? And does baking soda helps for this or it causes side effect?
Periodontitis is a serious gum infection that damages the soft tissue and destroys the bone that supports your teeth. Periodontitis can cause tooth loss or worse, an increased risk of heart attack or stroke and other serious health problems.
Periodontitis is common but largely preventable. Periodontitis is usually the result of poor oral hygiene. Brushing at least twice a day, flossing daily and getting regular dental checkups can greatly reduce your chance of developing periodontitis.
In most cases, periodontitis is preventable. It is usually caused by poor dental hygiene.
Signs and Symptoms of Periodontitis
- Swollen gums
- Bright red or purplish gums
- Gums that feel tender when touched
- Gums that pull away from your teeth (recede), making your teeth look longer than normal
- New spaces developing between your teeth
- Pus between your teeth and gums
- Bad breath
- Bad taste in your mouth
- Loose teeth
- A change in the way your teeth fit together when you bite
Factors that can increase your risk of periodontitis include:
- Poor oral health habits
- Tobacco use
- Older age
- Decreased immunity, such as that occurring with leukemia, HIV/AIDS or chemotherapy
- Poor nutrition
- Certain medications
- Hormonal changes, such as those related to pregnancy or menopause
- Substance abuse
- Poor-fitting dental restorations
- Problems with the way your teeth fit together when biting
If periodontitis isn't advanced, treatment may involve less invasive procedures, including:
- Scaling. Scaling removes tartar and bacteria from your tooth surfaces and beneath your gums.
- Root Planing. Root planing smoothes the root surfaces, discouraging further buildup of tartar and bacterial endotoxin.
- Antibiotics. Your periodontist or dentist may recommend using topical or oral antibiotics to help control bacterial infection.
If you have advanced periodontitis, your gum tissue may not respond to non-surgical treatments and good oral hygiene. In that case, periodontitis treatment may require dental surgery, such as:
- Flap surgery (pocket reduction surgery): The healthcare professional performs flap surgery to remove calculus in deep pockets, or to reduce the pocket so that keeping it clean is easier. The gums are lifted back and the tartar is removed. The gums are then sutured back into place so they fit closely to the tooth. After surgery, the gums will heal and high tightly around the tooth. In some cases the teeth may eventually seem longer than they used to.
- Bone and tissue grafts: This procedure helps regenerate bone or gum tissue that has been destroyed. With bone grafting, new natural or synthetic bone is placed where bone was lost, promoting bone growth.
In a procedure called 'guided tissue regeneration', a small piece of mesh-like material is inserted between the gum tissue and bone. This stops the gum from growing into bone space, giving the bone and connective tissue a chance to regrow.
The dentist may also use special proteins (growth factors) that help the body regrow bone naturally.