Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Sathya Narayanan KYour feedback matters!
I got up with a problem that there a new teeth is coming my jaw is very painful soo please help me out.
I have a yellow teeth problem and I brush 2 times daily, instead of brushing my teeth are getting yellow and smelling. What should I do?
Toothache is a painful dental condition that affects many people worldwide. At times the excruciating pain can drive a normal person insane. Cavity and tooth decay contribute to toothache in a big way. However, toothache can also be an indication of some serious dental ailments that needs immediate attention. The following factors/reasons can equally contribute to toothache (mild or severe).
- Tooth decay: Tooth decay and cavities are synonymous to unhealthy teeth and toothache. Cavities can also give rise to awkward complications like bad breath. Thus, proper dental care and hygiene is of topmost priority. It is highly recommended to brush the teeth three times daily.
- Accidental falls: Accidents incurred during sports or games often go unnoticed and untreated. This can invite unwanted complications like broken teeth, infections or inflammations resulting in toothache.
- Unhealthy gums: Bleeding, painful and swollen gums and many other gum ailments can severely affect the teeth. At an advanced stage, this can lead to unbearable toothache.
- Bruxism: Many people knowingly or unknowingly indulge in Bruxism or tooth grinding. Bruxism can have serious dental implications. It exerts tremendous pressure on the teeth and the supporting tissues. Eventually the jaw muscles also get affected, with toothache being the inevitable consequence.
- Decaying enamel: Healthy enamel implies healthy teeth. Factors like excessive intake of sweets, drinks and chocolates play a significant role in enamel decay. This can have a detrimental effect on the teeth resulting in toothache.
- Abscess, a serious dental ailment: Abscess is the manifestation of dental infections, whereby pus formation takes place between the gum and a tooth. Pus formation can also take place at the base of a tooth resulting in toothache.
- Cracked tooth syndrome: A fractured tooth often acts as a catalyst, leading to toothache. The crack on the tooth is so small that even an x-ray fails to reveal it. Factors like bruxism, tooth decay, to name a few; contribute to the Cracked Tooth Syndrome.
- The wisdom mystery: Lucky are those whose wisdom teeth erupt completely, at a single go. Impacted wisdom teeth can give a person sleepless nights. Misaligned teeth are no better.
- Toothache and periodontal complications: It is a serious condition leading to shooting pain and inflammation. The inflammation and pain affects the root of the tooth immensely. It usually results from infections in plaque formations.
- Sinus infections: In many cases, it has been found that sinus infection can lead to toothache. Positioned close to the upper back teeth, the sinuses give rise to what is known as a dull ache.
Toothache can be an amalgamation of many factors. Thus, it is very important to go for periodical dental & full body check ups.
So yellow teeth can be whiten again by bleaching only? what is bleaching exactly? I need to do it on regular interval time or one time is enough? n day by day gap is increasing between my each teeth! the gap looks very bad? what is your suggestion on this?
Even if you clean and floss your teeth regularly, you may have noticed a drop of blood or two dripping out from your gums. Maybe you feel that it is no big deal, but you may not be aware of the fact that bleeding gums can never be a normal symptom. Director of the Perio Arts Institute, Dr. Lisa Marie Samaha has raised an important question. Have you ever seen your scalp bleeding while brushing? If you feel that is not normal, then while brushing or flossing, if your gums bleed, you are most likely suffering from a periodontal disease which is commonly known as a gum disease.
Severe outcome of gum bleeding
Gum disease is a simple, contagious bacterial infection that can cause havoc on your oral health. For instance, if it is left untreated, it can lead to destruction of gums, erosion of jaw bones and may even cause tooth loss. Not just the oral health, bleeding gums infect the whole body. Firstly, these can cause plague that creates irritation along the gum tissue and the longer this inflammation is left untreated, the faster it spreads causing a host of illnesses ranging from allergies to cancer.
Reasons behind bleeding of gums
This disease is very common as declared by the American Academy of Periodontology in a report that says up to 80 percent of adult population is suffering from gum disease and very surprisingly, just 10 percent of this populace is aware of it. The good news here is that bleeding gums are caused due to various reasons that can be easily treated, and the condition can be improved to put a stop to bleeding of gums.
Inadequate oral hygiene: Though you may think that you brush your teeth twice a day and so there could be no germ build-up, it is not true. Actually, it takes only 24 to 36 hours for a healthy gum to become infected with disease. Therefore, take care of your teeth in the best possible way and floss your mouth after every meal.
Your diet is wreaking havoc: Processed food is not just bad for your tummy, your teeth are also going to be adversely affected with those donuts, chocolates, ice-creams and all the tempting junk food. It is always recommended to have a healthy diet comprising of fresh fruits and vegetables that are rich in calcium and vitamin C.
- Misc. factors: Other factors like smoking, stress and anxiety can also trigger gum bleeding, and you should try to reduce them and consult a specialist if your gum health is out of control. If you wish to discuss about any specific dental problem, you can consult a specilized dentist and ask a free question.