Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
I am 28 years male. Suffering from dental pain at left upper m1 and m2. The dentist took the xray and explained as m2 is completely infected and m1 is infected but in the outermost layer of enamel.
Due to the consumption of tobacco my lower frontal teeth have gaps after scaling from doctors. The teeth have stains also. I consulted recently with a dentist and she advised scaling and then orthodontics treatment to close the gaps. But due to the fear of more gaps I can't do scaling. Is there any other way out to brighten the teeth and close the gaps?
I have a teeth problem and one of my teeth has fallen, so please help on this and suggest me a solution regarding this problem.
What are the causes of mouth ulcers? I am having those quite often. Just after one has gone, the other starts.
Well I have bad breath so please I want to completely cure so please suggest me what kind of medicine I have to use.
I am 45 years old. My teeth are almost all broken. Want to implant permanent denture. What would be the cost?
Hi Sir, I am 24 years old, actually I feel down from steps from 8 years back because of that my front tooth has been cracked and it turns to yellow colour, and I wish to get remove both (two) my front tooths and wish to attach or implement. Kindly provide me suggestions, what have to do?
I am very painfully teeth in last month. And I tried all type checked but not get any result please sir, help me give such suggestion.
I have bad breath problem. I have tried two time brush, tongue clean, listerine mouthwash but problem is persist. Kindly advice.
I am a 24 year female candidate. Approx from last one year I am facing of problems like bad breath, chopped lips and sticky saliva. Is it a dry mouth problem or anything else. How should I treat it?
I am suffering from mouth ulcer repeatedly, when I drunk hot items like tea coffee etc. What should I do?
When the salivary glands do not produce enough saliva, the mouth gets dry and uncomfortable. Due to certain conditions, such a phenomenon can occur and this condition is known as dry mouth or xerostomia. Xerostomia or dry mouth can occur due to multiple reasons. Read on more to find all about the different causes and symptoms of dry mouth.
- Side effects of certain medications: Dry mouth occurs due to the effect of certain prescription and nonprescription medications. Drugs used to treat depression, pain, allergies, anxiety, epilepsy, obesity, nausea and psychotic disorders can cause dry mouth condition as a side effect. Sedatives and muscle relaxers can also cause dry mouth.
- Side effects of certain disease and infections: Certain diseases such as Alzheimer's disease, mumps, diabetes, hypertension, cystic fibrosis, anemia and Parkinson's disease can also cause dry mouth or xerostomia.
- Side effect of treatments: If the salivary glands are damaged due to certain reasons, then less saliva is secreted resulting in dry mouth. Certain treatments such as radiation treatments in the head and neck or chemotherapy sessions could indirectly cause dry mouth by damaging the salivary glands.
- Nerve damage: Dry mouth can also be due to a person suffering from nerve damage caused due to accident or surgery.
- Dehydration: Conditions like fever, excessive vomiting, diarrhea, excessive sweating, which cause dehydration can also cause dry mouth.
- Removal of salivary glands: Surgical removal of the salivary glands also causes dry mouth.
- Lifestyle choices: Certain lifestyle preferences such as chewing tobacco or smoking can cause dry mouth.
Dry mouth has several symptoms. If you have some or all of the symptoms mentioned below, then you are more than likely suffering from dry mouth.
- A sticky and dry feeling in the mouth.
- The frequent feeling of being thirsty.
- A dry, parched feeling in the throat.
- The tongue being dry, raw and red.
- There is discomfort and problem while you are speaking or experiencing problems with chewing, tasting or swallowing food.
- Experiencing dry nasal passages, a sore throat or hoarseness in the voice.
- A tingling or slightly burning sensation in the mouth but particularly in the tongue.
- Having a bad breath.
Related Tip: "Why Oral Health in Older Adults Is Important"