Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Saraswathi GanesanYour feedback matters!
Hi Doctor I am Amrita and my age is 16. Doctors I have my first periods today before it my periods never happened today it's first time. It's too painful what should I do. I don't know anything periods and also don't know what to do in periods so please help me.
Recent period I am getting Hatch (very hi-pitch sound, but not bcoz of Cold or shyness (I use to get Cold once in year, some times twice) and also frequent Air Release (gas ) with abnormal sound (very often). Now I am 71 plus.
Sodium deficiency or hyponatraemia refers to the low sodium concentration in the body of an individual. As other minerals, Sodium also plays essential roles in the human body. It is required for many of the functions of the body, including blood pressure management, fluid balance and the proper functioning of the nervous system. It may also sometimes lead to neurological impairments which affect walking and attention and could also result in bone fracture. Hyponatremia can be caused due to drinking too much of water, without enough replacement of sodium from the body. However, consuming too much of sodium can increase the volume of blood in the body, resulting in various health problems and can sometimes lead a person to coma.
The symptoms of sodium deficiency or hyponatraemia aren’t usually always specific. They can differ from person to person and depend on how rapid the fall in the sodium concentration of the body is. However, some of the common symptoms that are usually seen in the affected persons are as follows:
- Gastrointestinal distress: One of the symptoms of hyponatraemia includes gastrointestinal distress. It may cause a decrease in the appetite of an individual and also result in nausea and vomiting. However, if a person suffering from sodium deficiency experiences vomiting, then their problem may continue to worsen.
- Cognitive Impairment: Deficiency in sodium level can also result in abnormal mental status. Hyponatremia causes expanding of the tissue cells in the body. However, maximum tissues in the body can handle this change but the brain cannot. It is not capable of compensating for the increased size of the cells and as a result, the brain starts to dysfunction and causes a headache, confusion, lethargy and the problem of fatigue. With the worsening of the conditions, the person can experience hallucinations, decrease in consciousness and may also lead to coma.
- Muscular Problems: Due to the drop in Sodium concentration, a person can experience various muscular problems including spasms or cramps. He/She may also suffer from fatigue. The weakness in the muscles and seizures are some of the additional symptoms of sodium deficiency.
The severity of these symptoms depends on the speed i.e., on how fast the fall in the blood salt level is. A gradual, low-level drop can be tolerated if it lasts for a few days or weeks, but the deficiency of sodium in the body can be fatal if not treated as early as possible. It may even lead to the death of a person. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.
Good evening doctor-I want ask a question, the 6th month of My wife's pregnancy is underway, but the kicks feet has not started yet.
I want a big penis as my girlfriend is not satisfied and I discharge very fast. please tell me how to get a big penis and tell me the treatment for getting big penis and also is it safe to take some pills which they show in the adds.
Festivals without sweets are unheard of in India. Think of Diwali and you’re sure to conjure visions of ‘mithai’, dried fruits and ‘laddus’. These sweetmeats are rich not only in taste, but also in calories. This makes festival food a big problem for weight management. Thankfully, there are ways to have a sweet celebration without putting on excess weight.
Here are a few tips.
- Eat in moderation: It is impossible to completely avoid sweets during this festive season. However, you can keep a check on the amount you eat. Limit yourself to one or two pieces of mithai instead of gorging on them. Avoid second helping of sweets at all costs.
- Pick your sweets carefully: Not all sweets have the same calorific value. Sweets that are deep fried such as gulab jamuns have a higher calorific value than rasgullas. Similarly homemade sweets are usually much lower in fat content than store bought ones. If you are making sweets at home, try replacing the sugar with jaggery to lower the fat content. Eating dry fruits over sweets can also help minimize your calorie intake.
- Do not skip your meals: Eating heavy sweets may make you want to skip your regular meals, but this is a terrible idea. Do not miss out on your regular servings of fruits, vegetables and carbs. Do not replace your normal meals with snacks and dried fruits. If necessary, lower your portion size and have a light soup for dinner instead of your regular meal.
- Avoid sweet drinks: Since you cannot avoid eating sugar, skip drinking sugar. Avoid sweetened drinks such as colas and processed juices. Instead, pick light drinks such as buttermilk, lemonade and jaljeera. Green tea is also a good option during Diwali. If possible, avoid alcohol.
- Stay hydrated: When eating such rich and heavy food, it is important to drink plenty of water through the day. This keeps the body hydrated and helps flush toxins from the body. Drinking water also reduces the urge to snack and can help keep a control over your food intake.
- Eat mindfully: Chew your food and mithai slowly while eating. This will ensure that you thoroughly enjoy it and will keep you satiated for longer. Avoid eating on the go. Mindful eating also reduces the urge to snack excessively and hence controls your food intake.
- Exercise: Do not make Diwali an excuse to not exercise. Set aside half an hour at the beginning of the day to exercise and kick start your metabolism. Breathing exercises such as Pranayam and anulom vilom can also help clear your respiratory passages and help prevent problems sue to the pollutants in the air.
Hi Dr. I am 42 years old last one year back I got heavy bleeding delayed by seven days ultrasound showed 11 mm thickness with simple cyst and bleeding remain for one month Dr. advised me to take hormones course for six month and bleeding stop. After six month I stop take overall l and bleeding OK for three months again late by 20 days and I found spotting for two three days and periods gone Dr. advised me to to take meprate and periods induced and one month overall l and again in stop overall l this month and delayed by 12 days I took meprate one tablet and I find spotting I stop taking meprate and again periods clear .why I spotting and periods clear. What to do. Ultrasound shows thickness 14 mm with simple cyst in both ovary.
If masturbation is done daily will it be harmful in pregnancy and will it not help to keep the women pregnant. Please advise.
My age is 23. My height is 6 ft. My weight is 80 kg. I had habit of masturbating 5 times daily since 5 years by rubbing penis against bed for hours. From six month I am facing all the symptoms of adrenal gland cancer like frequent urination. Excessive hair growth on whole body. Numbness and tingling in whole body. Hig bp 150/100. High level of headache. Abdominal weight gain. Thickened and excessive hair growth on head and eyebrows. Abdominal pain since last week. Till now I had 4 ultrasound of abdomen in 6 month and one mri of abdomen. Nothing came in it except right renal cortical cyst. Do I have chances of adrenal gland cancer?
She having period to day is 1st day of period and she having so much pain and loose motion too what should she do to get relief?
What are the fruits, vegetables, sea food, meat, medicine which a pregnant women should avoid, which can cause any misc car I miscarriage?
I want to know a tablet for delaying periods for 15-20 days as I'm travelling. Please suggest the safest one and please also state the side effects. I weigh 50 kg. Pls tell tge dose of the tablet and how long before the periods date should it be started?
I am a slim girl. I want to make a perfect body. How can I make this? Is there any side effects of using endura mass?
As a physician, i'm used to my patients asking, what would you do if you were me? when we're discussing treatment options. Over the past few years, though, they started making different inquiries, too, such as: what do you do to stay healthy? how do you find the time to exercise? do you lift weights? do you eat gluten? fat? sugar? how do you get your kids to eat vegetables? and even, do you cook? clearly, they were craving authoritative guidance on living a healthy lifestyle, but they also wanted to know what worked in the real world.
More: 5 healthy eating tips for real-life challenges
They see me as someone who has a similar lifestyle - like many of my patients, I balance a demanding job and family responsibilities - but who also has insider knowledge of what really works and what isn't worth my (or their) time. And from talking to other health-care professionals, I know that my patients weren't the only ones hungry for this information.
That's why I teamed up with the editors of prevention to write what doctors eat. We got health experts from around the country to share their personal eating tips, and as we combed through their tips, we noticed a pattern. Although personal tastes differ, the brain doctor, the cardiologist, the oncologist, the obstetrician, the registered dietitian, and the exercise physiologist all follow the same fundamental eating principles.
There is so much of white discharge coming out from her vagina after giving the I pill .what does thay mean. Thank you so much.
My friend she is having a vaginal infection. She used medicines, still she gets infection. It includes itching mostly. Can you suggest something for her?
I am 23 years old. I am 9 month pregnant. Mere pet bhut tight h. Mje abhi tak b delivery pain start nhi hue h. Waki sb thk h. Bas ye janna h ki baby kb tak born hoga. Kase hoga delivery pain?
When my periods are going to start my breast becomes heavy like baby feeding mother why this happens and is there any way that our breast becomes smaller in size or any gel. ?
Though it sounds incredible, it has been proved factual and is recommended by several doctors as well. Human health depends mainly on the digestive system.
Drinking ordinary potable water helps clean the gastrointestinal tract and the blood, thereby remove toxins from the body. Thus many of the ailments are cured by practising water therapy.
How to practise?
The method of water therapy is simple, easy and inexpensive. Early in the morning, before attending to any of the morning chores, 5 glasses of water should be taken at one stretch. You may give a short break. Do spot walking for a few minutes and then drink rest of the water. Take necessary precaution against impurities of water. Water should be boiled and cooled if purity is suspected.
For the next 45 minutes to one hour after drinking water, no other beverage or eatable should be taken. After supper one should not have any stimulating beverage or a soft drink.
During the first few days of therapy, one may pass urine 3-4 times within one hour after drinking water. Some may have even loose stools. But in a short period everything comes back to normalcy and symptoms of relief from the disease will be seen.
Person suffering from arthritis and rheumatism should take water therapy three times a day in the first week and thereafter may practise it once in a day. While practising water therapy, water should be taken two hours after meal and not before that.