Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Saraswathi GanesanYour feedback matters!
Me and my girlfriend had unprotected sex 2 week before she is worried now. Is there any pill to stop pregnancy or what should we do next? Worried help please!
What precautions and what I have to do before doing yoga for a women we have to apply or something to our face like sunscreen or we have to apply moisturizer or we have to take a food and what times we have to do yoga at mornings I am so confused is stopping yoga can increase weight.
Aromatherapy is an ancient practice that dates back to ancient times across many cultures. This is a practice where concentrated oils are used to treat many imbalances and disorders within the body. The oils emit a fragrance or aroma, through which many important molecules enter your blood stream which have a healing effect. The oils can be applied on the skin and the aroma is then absorbed directly into the body through it. They can also be used as an aromatic agent where you need to sniff them in order for the molecules to get inside the body and then be absorbed into your blood.
What kind of oils are generally used in aromatherapy?
Aromatherapy uses essential oils similar to the ones used for massage in many other forms of alternative medicine such as Ayurveda and Chinese medicine. These oils have the organic compounds within the plants or respective sources concentrated into a small dose so it can pass on the benefits of those compounds to you, healing your body. Some of the types of oils used in aromatherapy are –
1. Peppermint oil
2. Tee tree oil
3. Lavender oil
4. Frankincense oil
5. Lemon oils among many others
How are essential oils made?
Essential oils are made from natural ingredients such as herbs and resins of different plants. These can be extracted from the following sources of a plant, tree or herb:
7. Stems etc.
Aromatic oils tend to be powerful as a lot of ingredients go into the making of a small quantity of oil. It is estimated that it takes multiple kilos of an ingredient to make only a few milliliters of an essential oil. Due to the immense concentration of the powerful organic compounds created by this, organic oils are very effective and thus potent in curing ailments. The compounds are separated through a distillation process that separates the oils from the other components.
How and where are essential oils in aromatherapy effective?
Aromatherapy is very effective in dealing with lesser ailments and also as a supplementary form of treatment for other larger problems such as recovery form surgery and pain relief. Some of the more common areas where aromatherapy is very helpful are:
1. Relieving and reducing stress
2. Relief from joint pain
3. Resisting Cold and flu like infections
4. Building the immunity of the body
5. Improving the appearance and health of your skin by fighting wrinkles, skin infections and inflammation
6. Reduce pain from inflammation and other disorders
7. Corrects and properly regulates hormone production within the body
8. Helps with gastrointestinal problems as well as improving digestion among many other such benefits
Certain specific types of essential oils and their benefits in aromatherapy
1. Lavender oil: Helps heal burns and cuts quicker, relaxes your body and improves your mood
2. Peppermint oil: Helps with digestion, builds up immunity, and helps with the ability to focus among others
3. Rosemary oil: Helps build hair strength, improves memory and brain function in general
4. Sandalwood oil: Improves skin quality, fights inflammation and wrinkles and also acts a as a libido booster
5. Rose oil: Extremely effective for combatting skin problems as well as for natural glow of the skin
6. Tea tree oil: An excellent immunity booster, Tea tree oil also has antifungal and antimicrobial properties which can fight off infections and cure the ailments much quicker. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
I'm 22 years old girl actually I'm 3 month pregnant lady can I do sex with my life partner during pregnancy time?
Miracle home remedy to reduce hardening of arteries-
You can guard against the heart disease and prevent the deposition of fatty plaques in the arteries by eating honey and cinnamon powder daily as a breakfast spread. Simply eat a slice of high fiber toast with one tablespoon of the spread daily. This miracle remedy reduced hardening of arteries by 74% in the patients.
I have little pelvic pain but ovarian cyst not there middle pain pelvic Urine infection not there pus cells 2-4 Any reason I have to worry this problem not did intercourse now I'm married lady 1 baby is there.
There is brown vaginal discharge from 5-6 days and my menstrual period was 14aug-19aug. I want to know that there is a normal discharge or any disease symptom.
Two days back I did sex with her without any contraceptive method I have a doubt that she will get pregnancy how to avoid that pregnancy tell me about any medicines names.
Respected Doctors, I am 29 years old, married and have 2 sons 9 and 4 years age. MY husband 45years old, now a days MY husband not like to usa condoms so last 5 months use birth control pills. I here about birth control ring, is its effective and safe for me? Please help, thank you.
I am suffering from varginal discharge. And its flow will increase after intercouse. Its is very irritating to feel wet very time. Dischage is of yellowish in colour. Its very smelly. It is increasing day by day. Please tell me what is the issue. I also consult with Dr. They can't specify me what is the issue. Please help.
I m not having my periods since 1 month. Bt thick white liquid discharge is coming n due to which I m having lot of pain in my lower back. Knee joints. Very exhausted, am I having some kind of cancer.
I am 22 year old female and I am married. I had fracture of L3 L4 L5 S1 S2 and had internal fixation done. The surgery was done before 1year. The fracture is United. I am able to walk and do regular activities. Can I have sexual contact with my husband with the implant?
I'm too lazy and not getting interested in anything. I need to change I wanna be energetic, good body, good health, peaceful mind, happy life. My mom's humble request is to see me energetic in both mind and body. Sooo please suggest me the best you can do.
I had unprotected sex with my girlfriend and then within 2 hours I gave her ipill. After 5 days she had her periods but after then she has missed her periods for 2 months. Is she pregnant?
Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) refers to the infection that occurs in the female reproductive organs. It happens when sexually transmitted bacteria infect the uterus, ovaries or fallopian tubes on spreading from the vagina. Generally, the cervix plays the role of preventing the bacteria from entering the vagina and infecting the reproductive organs. But when the cervix becomes exposed to an STD, it loses its power to put a stop to the spread of these microorganisms to the reproductive organs.
What causes this condition?
STDs like gonorrhea and chlamydia have been found to be responsible for about 90% of PID cases.
Some of the other causes include
- Pelvic procedures
The condition is only detected later in life when you face difficulty in getting pregnant or have chronic pelvic pain complaints. If you experience symptoms like vomiting, high fever, pain in the lower abdomen and instances of fainting, you should immediately seek a doctor.
What puts you at risk for PID?
Certain factors may put you at a higher risk for PID and these are:
- Instances of sexually transmitted diseases like Chlamydia (an STD that can occur from anal, oral or vaginal sex) and gonorrhea (a condition that causes discharge from the vagina or urethra) can make you prone to developing PID.
- Douching on a regular basis can increase your risk of PID as it disrupts the equilibrium of good and bad bacteria in your vagina, and may hide the symptoms of the condition as well.
- Even a previous history of PID can increase your chances of having another episode of PID.
- Compared to older women, teenagers who are sexually active are more prone to developing PID.
- Having multiple sexual partners can also put you at a greater risk for PID and STDs.