Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Saraswathi GanesanYour feedback matters!
I have irregular periods, I want to know if it may cause any difficulties to conceive a baby? and my age is 29 yrs.
I am just 19, and 3 weeks pregnant, started vomiting, loose motion, and nausea, I can't even tell my patents or relatives, and in medical stores also they won't give pills without any prescription, I am so confused, help me, you r my only hope, can I take aspirin and can I get without prescription.
Hello, I am 24 years old, my weight is 68 kgs and height is 5'2 I am suffering from pcod because of which I have not received my periods from 6 months. Please help me with this.
I am 28 years old women. I got married and have one child of 6 years. Now I got pregnant and it past 45 days. But now I didn't plan for next baby. I want abortion it. Pls tell what type of tablet I eat?
Sir/madam, my son is now 6 months male baby. He got a bottom one teeth at the time of 3rd month and another teeth came on next month itself at adjacent of first teeth. And now (6th month running) he got an another two teeth coming at top of his mouth. And his mother feel pain when giving breast milk for him. Because he bite his mother's nipple when feeding. Please suggest any solution!
I lost my periods this month and I used primolut n tablet to delay my menses. From Thursday to Saturday I kept last tablet. After when I stopped the tablet I should get menses but I didn't get the menses till now. So is there any chance for a pregnancy. Am married 3 months ago.
What do for regular periods she is facing problems irregular or late periods. What type of food should take for regular periods.
Unprotected sex Had happened on 23th of April her menstrual cycle date is 23rd! No menstrual cycle till nw! Pregnancy test came negative wch was tested on 30th of last month till today no menstrual cycle occurs & she is drinking daily papaya juice but no result & daily taking vit-c tablets 3000mg.
Imbalance in the hormones is the primary cause of the polycystic ovarian syndrome. The polycystic ovarian syndrome may result in an enlarged ovary with accumulated fluids. This disorder may lead to various changes in your appearance.
The various symptoms of this disorder are:
- Acne: This disorder may cause or aggravate acne on your skin (learn more about acne problem)
- Abnormal periods: You may face irregularities in your periods as the intervals between periods may extend for more than 35 days or heavy periods.
- Excess androgen: The male hormone known as androgen may increase in the female body which results in facial hair and excessive body hair. It may also cause acne.
- Hair loss: This syndrome may lead to thinning of hair on the scalp and thus, resulting in hair loss (know more Ways to Deal With Hair Loss)
- Enlarged ovaries: The ovaries may be enlarged with various fluid filled sacs.
The various causes of polycystic ovarian syndrome are:
- Low-grade inflammation: The body's immune system produces various substances that fight foreign infections in the body. If you are affected by the polycystic ovarian syndrome, then you are more likely to be affected by inflammation which causes androgen production in the body.
- Heredity: If someone in your family has this disorder then you are more likely to be affected by this disease.
- Insulin: Insulin is a hormone that allows the cells the body to produce energy in the body. You may experience insulin resistance which means energy production in the body may be hampered. It may also lead to increased androgen production which may impair the ovaries’ ovulation ability.
Polycystic ovarian syndrome may lead to various complications in the body:
- Sleep apnea
- Irregular blood pressure
- Type 2 diabetes
- It may increase chances of cardiovascular diseases as it may lead to metabolic syndrome
- It may lead to symptoms of anxiety and depression
- You may experience heavy bleeding in the uterine region
- It may lead to complications in the cholesterol levels in the body