Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Derma Roller Treatment
Hair Mesotherapy Treatment
Nail Surgery Procedures
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Mole Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Skin Polishing Treatment
Dr. sir I have a problem on my face. I have lot of spot for my pimples on my face what I do sir please tell me which medicine should I use.
Hairs on frontal side r becoming grey for which mehdi is applied. Is it possible to get black touch without chemical dye? if so please Suggest such natural materials ?
Hello Doctor, Can I take Dr. james l glutathione capsule for skin whitening. It is safe to use or not. Please reply soon. Thanks.
When a particularly soft part of the foot suffers from too much pressure or friction, it can lead to the eruption of corns. This happens because the superficial tissues rise to the surface in order to prevent an internal injury and in time, they bear a hard coating which is basically a protective layer. When this protective layer develops a pointed structure right in the middle it is known as a corn. Let is find out more about the causes and treatment for the same.
Causes: A corn is basically a natural reaction of the skin to excessive friction as well as pressure. This is known as Hyperkeratosis. While these mainly appear on the hands and feet, they may get localised within the areas that appear to be under a lot of pressure. So why does this friction or pressure happen? The causes could range from tight fitting shoes to high heels as well as cramped footwear like combat boots, which are worn on a prolonged basis. Also, this friction may happen when a person wears shoes without socks too frequently. Further, people suffering from a condition known as hammertoes can also get corns. Finally, when you run, dance or jump bare feet on the sand or other hard surface for too long, you may develop corns.
Homeopathic medicines that help in fighting corns
- Antim Crudum: This homeopathy medicine can help when the feet are covered with too many corns which makes walking difficult. Also, it is the best medicine to treat corns that are too pointed and hard to touch. Further, it also helps those patients who are overweight which may cause pressure due to which these corns may erupt.
- Sulphur: When there is a burning pain that the patient experiences in the soles and the corns, then this condition can be treated with the help of sulphur which also ensures that the hard coating of corn quickly yields from the very first dose or application. This also helps those patients who find their feet sweating excessively due to the development of these corns.
- Ferrum Picric: This medicine can help patients when the corn becomes discoloured and affects the hue of the surrounding area as well.
- Lycopodium: When walking around with the corn causes a dull pain and persistent ache, then the patient can use this medicine. This medicine also helps in treating symptoms like pain in the heels when the patient steps on something hard.
- Silicea: When the corn is still soft, the best homeopathic medicine for this condition is Silicea which also helps in treating symptoms like icy cold feet and pus formation in the corns.
Using homeopathy can take a while to show results but the treatment is generally long term.