Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. SanthaYour feedback matters!
Hello, My question is me and my boyfriend had an oral sex during that time he touched my vagina with his penis but it was all dry and he didn't come in. After like regular menstruation I had my cycle. Then I have got another one in the in the next month. On the third month I have got another menstruation but it did only last for two days where as my cycle is for five days. I'm confused, is that a sign of pregnancy or its just normal. Please let me know. Thanks!
Hi. My Last month period date 16 Jan 2016. I'm on 18th day of cycle and my follicle measures 19x19 in Left ovary. We are trying to conceive, I just came to know about luteul phase defect in this forum. My next cycle usually happens 2 days prior to previous. If I ovulate on 20th day or after then the length of luteul phase will be 10 days or lesser. Heard of vit B6 tablet for this! Please throw some light quite tensed!
My girlfriend has missed her time period and 12 days has been passed and she says it happened for the first time. And she didn't had sex so she is so worried about it.
She is having sugar, HBA1C is an average of 7.5 consecutively from past 9 months, can we plan for pregnancy. Kindly suggest.
Fibroid tumour is the abnormal cell growth in the uterus and they are mostly benign. Fibroids usually affect women in the age bracket of 30 - 40. Fibroid tumours are of three types, depending on their location:
- Submucosal fibroids: The tumour develops under the lining of the uterus
- Intramural fibroids: The growth is found amongst the muscles in the wall of the uterus
- Subserosal fibroids: The growth develops on the wall of the uterus right in the pelvic cavity
Causes behind it
The exact cause of fibroids in not known clearly. But certain factors have been discovered that might influence their formation. These factors include:
- Hormones: Progesterone and estrogen are the hormones responsible for recreating the uterine lining during every menstrual cycle. These hormones might trigger the formation of tumour.
- Family history: If any member in your family; your mother, grandmother or sister has/had fibroids in their uterus, you may also develop it.
- Pregnancy: Your body produces excessive progesterone and estrogen when you are pregnant, which may cause an increase in the size of a pre-existing small fibroid. Myomectomy can be done by giving incision on the abdomen or by laparoscopy depending on the size and location of the fibroids.
Signs You are suffering from it
- Heavy bleeding along with blood clots during or between your periods
- Lower back or pelvic pain
- Elevated menstrual cramping
- Frequent urination
- Pain during sex
- Longer than normal periods
- Bloating or pressure in lower abdomen
- Enlargement or swelling of the abdomen
How it can be treated?
Your doctor will formulate the right treatment depending on your age, the mass of the fibroids and your overall health. Your doctor may choose a combination of treatment to cure your fibroids, and they include:
- Medication: Gonadotropin releasing hormones (GnRH) agonists, birth control pills and ibuprofen (anti-inflammatory medicine) are prescribed. GnRH agonists reduce the level of progesterone and estrogen in your uterus.
- Surgery: Myomectomy and hysterectomy are two common surgical procedures to treat fibroids. Myomectomy is performed by removing the fibroids only by making an incision on the abdomen. But hysterectomy completely removes the uterus. The latter is reserved for serious cases.
- Non-invasive surgery: Forced ultrasound surgery, myolysis (shrinking fibroids with laser or electric current), cryomyolysis (fibroids are frozen) and endometrial ablation (an instrument uses heat, hot water, microwaves or electric current to destroy fibroids) are some non-invasive surgical procedures. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I hve sex after a week of my periods we use condom bt accidentally it broke bt in 12 hours I taken precautions I pill is there any chance of getting pregnant?
What is the possible cause of pain on both sides of sternum in females. Is this any thing serious issue?
I am 16 years girl. I'm having severe stomach ache during my menstrual cycle. It even pains a lot at the back. I tried number of tablets. But not able to come over it.
3 Key Things to Know About Female Sexuality
The idea of female sexuality has been oppressed and suppressed since time immemorial but modern times have brought a much-needed change. Exploring women's libido and why it depletes is one of the important aspects of their sex drive. The following are some of the important things to know about female sexuality:
1. Desire to be desirable - In present times, the effect of media and advertising on women's self and sexual esteem often proves to be detrimental. Such portrayals may often make women view their physical and sexual self as less than desirable. This can lead to depression, social anxiety, and stress. Thus, one may be at an increased chance of taking up harmful habits like smoking and drinking.
2. Low desire is normal - Woman's biological makeup results in high degree of variation in woman's sexual desire during various phases of her life such as pregnancy and lactation as well as during her menstrual cycle. This is in stark contrast to a man's drive which has no cyclical variation. Often this is not understood and woman are labelled as having low sexual desire. Added to this is the desire discrepancy within a couple. The one who has higher levels of libido considers the other as having lowered desire. Understanding these facts can help couples to deal with their disappointments in a better way. Apart from the biological makeup, household responsibilities, under-nutrition, social factors and attitude towards sexuality, coupled with a long-term monogamous relationship, lower the interest of sex in women temporarily.
3. Parenthood and sex - Studies indicate that one-third of couples experience a notable amount of sexual loss once they have children. Around a total of ninety studies concluded that couples who have children had lower marital satisfaction than non-parents. A correlation was found between marital dissatisfaction and the number of children. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
My wife is pregnant with 6.3 weeks. She is suffering with vomiting every time she have something. Kindly suggest any remedy for the same. For how many months will it continue?
Hi doctor, My periods date was extended more than 15 days, I don't know y, Please need your advice and reasons for delay.
Pruritus Vulvae is the most common cause of vulvar soreness and abnormal discharge in adolescent girls. The growing years are a transition phase where most body parts are undergoing changes to reach the adult stage. While some changes would be obvious externally, there are a lot of internal changes, which would not be very apparent. And for growing girls, especially the changes that they see in their private parts are worrisome, sometimes unpleasant and uncomfortable. About 50% of them would not even discuss these with someone to avoid embarrassment.
Some amount of vaginal discharge is normal and contains bacteria, which are essential for a normal genital health. It also provides lubrication and keeps the area clean. However, the amount, color, and type of discharge can vary and is a good indication of any underlying abnormal condition. Most genital tract issues manifest with a change in the vaginal discharge along with irritation or soreness.
In adolescent girls, the most common problem is pruritus vulvae, which is itching of the vulva region. It is a variant of contact dermatitis caused by irritation. In the growing years, the vulva is thin and delicate with a neutral pH. This makes it easily irritable, unlike in mature women, who also have the protection of pubic hair, thick skin, and labial fat pads. This irritation leads to the condition called pruritus vulvae.
Causes of soreness:
These are primarily non-infectious and infectious (genital).
- Poor hygiene leading to irritation, soreness and itching
- Contamination with urine or feces
- Mechanical irritation from itching, use of toilet paper, ill-fitting undergarments.
- Chemical irritation from soaps, detergents, shampoo, chlorinated water, etc.
- Foreign body such as toilet paper leading to vaginal discharge can cause vulval irritation
- Skin diseases like atopic dermatitis, seborrheic dermatitis, or psoriasis presents with vulvar symptoms too in the form of soreness and itching
- Sexually transmitted infections like trichomoniasis, gonorrhea and chlamydia.
- Viral infections like genital herpes and genital warts.
- Fungal infections such as Candida such as and tinea are rarely the cause of pruritus vulvae in prepubertal females.
- Worms like pinworms which move from the anus to the vagina, causing itching
- Bacteria like Shigella, Yersinia and E. coli can also lead to non-sexually transmitted infections and subsequent symptoms like soreness and discharge.
- Awareness is the first step in prevention. The girl must be educated about the changes her body is going through and the reasons behind it.
- Hygiene habits, especially after urination or passing feces, should be enforced.
- Avoid undergarments that are tight fitting and can be irritating
- Avoid soaps/chemicals when cleaning the genital area
- Topical creams (emollients/hydrocortisone) are usually effective
- Infections would need a course of antibiotics
When the girl is complaining of soreness and itching, it is best to visit a doctor to get a thorough examination and manage accordingly.
Dear Dr. I have pregnancy abortion unwanted kit of 1 tab of mifepristone and 4 tab of misoprostol but Dr. How to eat the medicine actually what I m trying to saying that how to take it orally or vaginal and what is the sequence order to eat it or insert in vagina and which tab to eat orally and which to take in vagina please help doctor.
How to loose weight from 67 to 60. Also Pls help me regarding my breasts problem, as there is some milky discharge for 5-6 days only, not every month but alternatively. Its since one year. There itching also in d breast during this discharge. What tests could be done for it. Pls let me know.
Hi. My follicle growth is 14 mm n 11 mm on 18 th day. After the usage of siphene n injections. Doctor has given me hmg on this size. Will it help in pregnancy.
Hello. I have some confusion related to pregnancy. I had suffered from miscarriage about 7 months back. Now I thing I'm pregnant. My expected period date is 19 Nov. But since last week I have lower abdominal pain. My period is comes early about 5 days every months but still it not comes. So what I have to do? Wait for periods or take pregnancy test? Pain is too much n im scared from miscarriage.
Mere 1 year se vaginal out area pr infection ho ra h. Lal daane hokr vo ringworm types me badal jate h. Khujli or jalan b hoti h. 2 month dvai khayi doctor ki btayi huyi. But infection again repeatdly.
We usually do not bother about how we are sleeping as long as we are having a sound sleep. But are you aware of the fact that way we sleep and the side we sleep on, has positive as well as negative effect on our health be it left side, right side, back or on stomach. Out of these, most of health benefits are attached with sleeping on your left side.
Benefits of sleeping on your left side:
- Prevents snoring.
- Pregnant women get the advantage of better blood circulation, flowing of blood to uterus, fetus, and kidneys and relief from back ache.
- Helps in proper digestion after meals.
- Gives relief to people having back and neck pain.
- Helps in filtering and purifying toxins, lymph fluids and wastes.
- Prevents serious illness as accumulated toxins are flushed out easily.
- Liver and kidneys work better
- Smooth bowel movements
- Reduces workload on heart and its proper functioning
- Prevents acidity and heartburn
- Prevents fatigue during morning
- Fats gets digested easily
- Positive impact on brain
- It delays onset of Parkinson's and Alzheimer
- It is also considered to be the best sleeping position according to Ayurveda.
Everyone has a different habit of sleeping and it might be difficult for them to change it. But now that we know about so many benefits of sleeping on the left side, we must give it a try. After all, it's a question of getting healthier day-by-day and it will be no-big change if you make efforts. So, till now if you were sleeping on either right side, back or on stomach, try sleeping on your left side and see the benefits you get. Keep a check!